Thread: Need serious fantasy football help!!!

Waterboy
    OK here is the deal. My league has alot of different ways to make money. One is the overall total of points for the season, another is a weekly highest points total, and the other is the playoffs Super Bowl. I am currently going into the last week of the season with the most overall points by about 6. I am also in the super bowl playing the guy who is 6 points behind me in the overall. If I win the overall, it pays $220 and the SB pays $50. I have already won $210 so if I win everything it would be about $500.

The league scoring is:

QB-1 pt for every 50 yards passing, 1 for 25 rushing, and 6 for ru/passing TD's.
    RB-1 pt for every 25 ru, 1 for 25 receiving, 6 for TD's
    WR/TE-1 pt every 25 yards receving, 6 for TD's
    K-3 pts FG, 1 XP, 2 pt bonus for FG's over 45 yards
    Defense-6 pts defensive Sp Teams TD's. 2 pts for sack or int's.

Start 1 QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/SpT

My regular starters:

QB-McNair vs TB
    RB-Henry @ NE
    RB-F Taylor @ ATL
    WR-R Moss @ AZ
    WR-H Ward @ BAL
    TE-R McMichael vs NYJ
    K-Vanderjagt @ HOU
    D/SpT-MIA vs NYJ

My bench is:

QB-Kitna vs CLE
    RB-Barlow vs SEA
    RB-Duckett vs JAX
    RB-M Bennett @ AZ
    RB-Hambrick @ NO
    RB-Shipp vs MIN
    WR-Chambers vs NYJ
    WR-Burress @ BAL
    WR-Galloway @ NO

Here's my question:

My starters have for the most part gotten me here, but I have made some smart subs here and there with a solid RB bench. I'm not too thrilled with McNair's injury, nor his matchup vs TB. Kitna has been pretty solid this year and faces a very weak CLE defense. McNair has always come through for me but he has faltered a bit lately with his injury. Secondly, BUF's offense has been pitiful lately and Henry's #'s have suffered for it. Plus they are facing NE in NE. K Barlow has been on a tear lately and faces an avg SEA D. I am thinking of starting both Kitna and Barlow. Lastly, H Ward has been a little shaky of late with the exception of last week. They face BAL who needs the win to clinch. R Lewis and Co. are gonna be fired up for this game and Ward will be matched up against McCallister. C Chambers will be facing our anemic D in a must win game for MIA. I am wondering if I should start him over Ward.

My opponents team is:

QB-Culpepper
    RB-D Davis
    RB-D McCallister
    WR-S Moss
    WR-A Toomer
    TE-M Pollard
    K-M Stover
    D-NE

Do you think it would be wise to make these moves, or would you do anything else. Please, please, be detailed and specific with your reasoning. I am counting on you.

Veteran
    Go with your studs....... barlow is worth using though.

I was our regular season points leader, but thanks to Vick&#39;s performance last week I lost in the playoffs. Our supebowl was this week and my team would&#39;ve broke our league record for points in week......... <_<

oh well

Rookie
    Got to go with Kitna and maybe Barlow. Do not sit Hines&#33; I always err on the side of playing my studs because if they fail I went with my best. If you take a flier and screw up, you&#39;ll kick yourself. I think Kitna over McNair is a solid play. I am not a big Taylor fan, but have not kept up with Barlow so that is your call.

Waterboy
    OK, both of you say go with my studs but mention Barlow. Taylor had a great game last week vs NO and faces an anemic ATL D this week coming up so I don&#39;t really wanna bench him. So if you are saying start Barlow who faces SEA, I assume you are telling me to sit Henry @ NE. Also, Stinky are you saying you would definately sit McNair (@TB) and start Kitna (vs CLE)??

Here are their stats for the last 3 games. Maybe this helps:

McNair (TEN)
    @ NYJ- 21-35, 272 yards, 2 TD&#39;s, 2 INT&#39;s
    vs IND- 22-38, 235 yds, 2 TD&#39;s @ BUF
    @BUF-26-41, 295 yds, 2 TD&#39;s
    HOU-268 yds, 2 TD&#39;s, 1 INT.

Kitna
    PIT-271 yds, 3 TD&#39;s
    BAL-214 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT&#39;s
    SF-189 yds. 2 TD&#39;s
    StL-202 yds, 1 TD, 3 INT&#39;s

Henry
    NYG-113 yds, 1 TD
    NYJ-169 yds, 1 TD
    TEN-88 yds, 0 TD&#39;s
    MIA-67 ru yds, 0 TD&#39;s

Barlow (post Hearst injury)
    AZ-154 yds, 1 TD
    CIN-85 yds 2 TD&#39;s
    PHI-154 yds, 2 TD&#39;s

I&#39;m pretty content that I will start Hines Ward.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Boozer76@Dec 22 2003, 08:36 PM

Start 1 QB, 2 RB&#39;s, 2 WR&#39;s, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/SpT

My regular starters:

QB-McNair vs TB
    RB-Henry @ NE
    RB-F Taylor @ ATL
    WR-R Moss @ AZ
    WR-H Ward @ BAL
    TE-R McMichael vs NYJ
    K-Vanderjagt @ HOU
    D/SpT-MIA vs NYJ

My bench is:

QB-Kitna vs CLE
    RB-Barlow vs SEA
    RB-Duckett vs JAX
    RB-M Bennett @ AZ
    RB-Hambrick @ NO
    RB-Shipp vs MIN
    WR-Chambers vs NYJ
    WR-Burress @ BAL
    WR-Galloway @ NO

Start McNair at QB.

Sit Travis Henry vs The Pats.

Start Fred Taylor against Atlanta, He is going to have another huge game. Start Kevan Barlow against Seattle.

Start Moss and Ward. They are your two best wideouts and you have to play them. Ward may have problems with Chris McAlister. He has shutdown Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson this year.

McMichael is a good start at TE.

Vanderjagt is a great start against Houston.

Your team is in good shape. Not much else to state.

Veteran
    Start McNair and Barlow/Taylor, then collect your cash.

Practice Squad
    I concurr with YJF and NYRage. McNair, Barlow, & Taylor, Moss, and Ward. I don&#39;t see you
    having any problem at all beating that other team. Infact his team looks weak to me&#33;

Waterboy
    Originally posted by PENJET@Dec 23 2003, 02:05 AM
    I concurr with YJF and NYRage. McNair, Barlow, & Taylor, Moss, and Ward. I don&#39;t see you
    having any problem at all beating that other team. Infact his team looks weak to me&#33;
    That&#39;s the funny thing. On paper his team oes look weak, but he has had some explosive games with his players on given weeks. S Moss blew up for him for a few weeks. D Davis had a couple moster weeks. But he wins alot simply by Culpepper and NE&#39;s D. The one thing I feel I have going for me is R Moss kind of negates Culpepper. For example, if Culpepper has a 4 passing TD day and 2 of them are to R Moss, it is really like his QB only had a 2 TD day since I would get the same credit for Moss&#39; TD reception.

So that basically pins the rest of our team head to head which I agree, I have the advantage.

All League
    boozer-

i would do following

Mcnair at QB, i would rather go down the tubes with him than Kitna&#33;

Barlow over Henry, bills are kaput

ward over chambers by a nose, Mia may be running all day

Veteran
    yeah, I meant Barlow over Henry, not Freddy T........ Mcnair&#39;s in a "must" win situation, he&#39;ll perform