Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: very interesting news i heard on the radio....

Practice Squad
    I live down in South Florida and I was just listening to Hank Goldberg (who I think is a huge putz) and he was talking to Marvin Jones' brother who lives in Miami. He said that he hasnt really talked to his brother about his plans for next season but that all he can say is don't be surprised if he ends up playing for the Dolphins. According to Mike (Marvin's bro) Marvin said he always wanted to end his career in Miami. Just thought I'd pass that along. Happy Holidays.

Veteran
    F-you.
    I, for one, hope Marvin stays on the team. He comes cheap and a new coordinator will get something out of him.
    Can the JIer regulars respect me after this view? Time will tell.

All League
    go right ahead

Practice Squad
    I didn't say I wanted him to leave. I just was saying what I heard....calm down. I like Marvin too.

Rookie
    "THE PRESIDENT" will never go down to Miami. He will lose all his executive priveldges if he does!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Jones in the middle instead of Zack???hard to believe

All League
    I HEARD THEY ALREADY HAD MARVIN IN FOR A PRIVATE WORKOUT BUT PASSED ON HIM AFTER HIS 40-TIME WAS A TAD SLOWER THEN MARINO'S.

Maxman
    I like Marvin. He has more left then Mo does at this point. But that is not saying a whole lot. Either way both of them have been great Jets. So I hope it ends on a good note in both cases.

All League
    Originally posted by Shadetree@Dec 24 2003, 05:56 PM
    F-you.
    I, for one, hope Marvin stays on the team. He comes cheap and a new coordinator will get something out of him.
    Can the JIer regulars respect me after this view? Time will tell.
    First of all, who is Mike Jones to be on a radio station? Is he a somebody, because I have no knowledge of him.

Shade, we all know where you are coming from, I agree. I was wondering if all the posters know who shadetree is?

First of all, no team would ever start Marvin Jones now. He is slow, he can't cover, and he does not make plays. The only team that he will end his career on is the Jets because Herm is the only one stupid enough to start him.

Rookie
    If you're listening to Goldberg then your Gainsville handle is a little misleading. I can't stand that guy but he is knowledgeable about the game.

As for Marvin playing for the fish...his bro needs to put down the pipe. The fish already took a shot at a declining linebacker in Seau. The fish, (much like us) need backers who can cover the pass. Marvin??...ah no.

Practice Squad
    I go to school in Gainesville but live in south florida during breaks etc. I think Goldberg sucks and that all he cares about is gambling and horse racing, he's real annoying to listen to

As much as Marvin has had a wonderful career with us and we love him, I pray that he is not back with us next season, even at vet minimum.Let Hobson and Glenn and our up-coming 2nd round pick get the reps at LB.

All League
    Jones starting over Thomas?

:lol:

Zack Thomas can play for us here ANYDAY!

All League
    Originally posted by Baddniss@Dec 25 2003, 01:17 AM
    As much as Marvin has had a wonderful career with us and we love him, I pray that he is not back with us next season, even at vet minimum.Let Hobson and Glenn and our up-coming 2nd round pick get the reps at LB.
    I agree Jones and Lewis have had great careers with the Jets.

I remember when Jones was drafted I was so excited. I really thought he was going to be L T all over again. He didn't hit that status, but he has had a great run.

I think he has one more year here. I suspect they will draft his heir in either the first or second round this year.

I think Glenn is going to be a very good all around LB, he can play all LB spots.
    I don't think he is the long term solution in the Middle.

I hope they cut Coward. I liked the idea when they brought him in. He just hasn't worked. He didn't cost a whole lot, and he didn't do a whole lot. All those tackles are really a misleading stat. I believe I read in the paper a week ago he only has 2 tackles for a loss. A ton of missed tackles

Of the 3 LB's, I think that Cowart WILL be back and Mo and Marvin are gone...

All Pro
    i like both marvin and Mo - they are 2 of the few that have been here theor whole careers and have seen the very lean years as well as some playoff years - But Marvin & Mo both lost a step - They are too slow now -

Marvin has had a great career as a JET, but he is as good as gone.

I would not be excited to see him in other jersey, but if he replaces Zach Thomas, i am sure Curtis Martin is!!!!!

All Pro
    Originally posted by Baddniss@Dec 25 2003, 01:32 AM
    Of the 3 LB's, I think that Cowart WILL be back and Mo and Marvin are gone...
    Only if he restructures. I believe he has a very large bonus that would kick in if he's on the roster by a ceratin date. If he agrees to a restructuring, he probably returns. Otherwise, it's adios pal.

Marvin is gone, and Mo is 75% gone.