Thread: Bates lands in Dallas

Banned
    I mean what are we thinking!? I thought at least when we let the guy go he was out for the season. There is a very good chance you will see him returning kicks in New Orleans when Dallas meets up with the Saints. Who ever decided to cut this guy is a complete bonehead! I know we only have one game left in the season but come on we have LaMont f'n Jordan returning kickoffs! I know there are some people here that didn't like Bates but he is a better returning than Jordan. A move like this shows me that the front office and coaches do not really want to win this Sunday. Bates is as close to a legit threat at returning kicks as we will ever find the way our front office and coaches try to scavange the cheapest guys in this department. Very very bad move :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'> .

He was on I.R. How can he play this week? Can a guy be cut and signed and come back from the dead?

All Pro
    If I recall, the deal is that if you put a player on IR, he can't come back and play for you the rest of the season. BUT, if you cut him, he CAN come back and play for another team.

But I could be wrong.

So no way was Bates playing for the Jets again this season.

Banned
    According to a Dallas Cowboys website he may be playing tommorrow.