Thread: basically my feelings on this jet season in a few

Hall Of Fame
    this season was in my oppinion a true waste. Our 4th pick did nothing, our QB was hurt, our defence wouldnt know what a blitz is if the damn thing hit them on the head. And between conway and becht its hard to argue who dropped more big passes. all in all thankfully this season is done and as usual...........wait till next year.

P.S. at least i am not a giant fan.

Banned
    emslave, DITTO

I'm all out of obituaries for this team ... I've been writing them for two months

All League
    Originally posted by emslave@Dec 28 2003, 08:39 PM
    this season was in my oppinion a true waste. Our 4th pick did nothing, our QB was hurt, our defence wouldnt know what a blitz is if the damn thing hit them on the head. And between conway and becht its hard to argue who dropped more big passes. all in all thankfully this season is done and as usual...........wait till next year.

P.S. at least i am not a giant fan.
    you summed it up perfectly.

yet we still managed to lose to the Giants.

Maxman
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Dec 28 2003, 06:42 PM
    emslave, DITTO

I'm all out of obituaries for this team ... I've been writing them for two months
    Ham:
    You are down on the current state of affairs? You never would know it from your posts. LOL.

Banned
    Originally posted by Maxman+Dec 28 2003, 07:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maxman @ Dec 28 2003, 07:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Green Jets & Ham@Dec 28 2003, 06:42 PM
    emslave, DITTO

I&#39;m all out of obituaries for this team ... I&#39;ve been writing them for two months
    Ham:
    You are down on the current state of affairs? You never would know it from your posts. LOL. [/b][/quote]
    Max, there are four stages a fan goes through when their team sucks

1. Anger
    2. Depression
    3. Apathy
    4. Off-season mode

Some of you cats are still at stage one or two ... maybe three

I graduated to stage four weeks ago

Maxman
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Dec 28 2003, 08:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Dec 28 2003, 08:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Maxman@Dec 28 2003, 07:47 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Green Jets & Ham
    @Dec 28 2003, 06:42 PM
    emslave, DITTO

I&#39;m all out of obituaries for this team ... I&#39;ve been writing them for two months

Ham:
    You are down on the current state of affairs? You never would know it from your posts. LOL.

1. Anger
    2. Depression
    3. Apathy
    4. Off-season mode

I graduated to stage four weeks ago [/b][/quote]
    Well I have been plenty Angry this year. But I am incapable of depression. I think I have jumped right to off season mode.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Maxman@Dec 28 2003, 08:20 PM
    I think I have jumped right to off season mode.
    Does that mean the smell of spring training is in ther air?

Veteran
    Man,
    I just thought about it, and kinda got depressed.

Last year, I thought to myself ... man, we need to get a big tall WR to catch the ball in the middle, and we need to address needs in our D.

Flash forward one year.... This is what I think we need.

Man, we need to get a big tall WR to catch the ball in the middle, and we need to address needs in our D.

UGH.

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Dec 28 2003, 08:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Dec 28 2003, 08:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Maxman@Dec 28 2003, 07:47 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Green Jets & Ham
    @Dec 28 2003, 06:42 PM
    emslave, DITTO

Ham:

1. Anger
    2. Depression
    3. Apathy
    4. Off-season mode

I graduated to stage four weeks ago [/b][/quote]
    I graduated stage 4 after Penningtons wrist exploded back in August

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I keep wondering if it would have been better if some of the losses had been of the blowout variety -- none were. I guess on the positive side it made every game watchable for the maximum amount of time (possibly another inane stat line that will pop up about this team - Most Valued Viewing Time Per Loss), but each game was just like today: Death by slow torture.

Maxman
    It is hard to get beat quickly when your corners play 20 yards off the line. I guess that was the point. Lose slowly and keep concession sales at a reasonable level.