Thread: Thanks, Mo

Practice Squad
    I just want to say thanks to Mo Lewis, as he has probably played his last game for the Jets..

My 2 most memorable plays for him are the interception return for a TD against Denver in the Meadowands I think it was in 92 or 93...and his leap to knock down a 4th down Elway pass in the 98 champiosnship game, at the 2 or 3 yd line.

What are your memories?

Veteran
    him being consitent and playing hard but he just lost it. Compare it to Willie Mays not making the catches or Cal Ripken ending his games streak. He just lost it.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by JetsfanNF@Dec 28 2003, 11:32 PM
    I just want to say thanks to Mo Lewis, as he has probably played his last game for the Jets..

My 2 most memorable plays for him are the interception return for a TD against Denver in the Meadowands I think it was in 92 or 93...and his leap to knock down a 4th down Elway pass in the 98 champiosnship game, at the 2 or 3 yd line.

What are your memories?
    Agreed...at the end of the Pats game last Saturday the few of us remaining in the stadium got to see a nice highlight reel the Jets had put together for Mo.

It was short but good and I hate to say it, very touching. It was sad 'cause in the day and age of FA, Lewis remained loyal to the Jets and now he's leaving. After the film the camera panned to Mo and he got a loud ovation. I hope he just retires.

Veteran
    Mo Lewis has lost it, and many make fun of him now. But I remember him as a pro-bowl snub early in his career because the Jets teams he was on were always crummy. He was a great Jet in his prime, underrated.

All League
    Before any Pats fan jumps on it, I will say it.

Him laying out Drew Bledsoe

But seriously, the guy has been stellar and is a breath of fresh air in todays FA game.

Thank you, and arrabest Mo!

Maxman
    Originally posted by ScottishJet@Dec 28 2003, 11:54 PM
    Before any Pats fan jumps on it, I will say it.

Him laying out Drew Bledsoe

But seriously, the guy has been stellar and is a breath of fresh air in todays FA game.

Thank you, and arrabest Mo!
    The Patriots might win their 2nd SuperBowl this season because of that hit. LOL.

Rookie
    Quite simply the best Jet LB ever, those who diss him don't know anything about the game.

BIG UP 2 MO57

TomShane
    Mo whined and sulked his way through a Jets career. He was a coach killer, a subversive, and a malcontent. See ya Mo, go hang out with Erik McMillian. Jerk.

Rookie
    Ha, ha, ha... how do you really feel, TomShane?

From what Mo was saying after the game, it looks like he might not be retiring. Think he's hoping for a reunion with Tuna?