Thread: Lets trade down in the draft...

Practice Squad
    Since I dont see us getting Sean Taylor with the 12th overall, I think we need to trade down and get something like 2 mid-early 20s for our 12th and 2nd rounder. DeAngelo Hall, Marlin Jackson, Chris Gamble, and/or Derrick Strait should be available around the 20th pick and one of elite Linebackers (Jonathan Vilma, DJ Williams, and Derrick Johnson) will be on the board as well.

All Pro
    A 1st and 2nd are not enough to get 2 first rounders. SOmething else needs to be added.

Practice Squad
    This is one of the deepest drafts in recent memory. there are an unprecidented number of blue chippers available.

I think we should do something to get another first rounder without giving up any of our other picks, similar to what baltimore did last season. It worked out great for them. they got the defensive rookie of the year, suggs, and have there future qb, Boller.

All Pro
    Originally posted by jetsjunky@Dec 30 2003, 06:59 PM
    This is one of the deepest drafts in recent memory. there are an unprecidented number of blue chippers available.

I think we should do something to get another first rounder without giving up any of our other picks, similar to what baltimore did last season. It worked out great for them. they got the defensive rookie of the year, suggs, and have there future qb, Boller.
    The Ravens gave up the 40th pick last year and the #21 this year to get the pats pick at 19 last year. Ims sure the pats would trade you the #21 for yor 2nd this year and 1st next.

All League
    Originally posted by patman+Dec 30 2003, 10:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (patman @ Dec 30 2003, 10:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetsjunky@Dec 30 2003, 06:59 PM

The Ravens gave up the 40th pick last year and the #21 this year to get the pats pick at 19 last year. Ims sure the pats would trade you the #21 for yor 2nd this year and 1st next. [/b][/quote]
    When Lil Bill made that trade last year I thought it was a bad move.

It looks like he got the better of it in a pretty talented draft.

All Pro
    if you trade down from the 12th pick to say 24th , you should be getting back the the second round, and thurd round picks also(24th)

So if we traded down from 12th

I think we could end up with two picks in the 20&#39;s.

Green eggs and ham.......please hook up the math if you see this

Banned
    Originally posted by ikehitstina@Dec 31 2003, 01:49 AM
    if you trade down from the 12th pick to say 24th , you should be getting back the the second round, and thurd round picks also(24th)

So if we traded down from 12th

I think we could end up with two picks in the 20&#39;s.

Green eggs and ham.......please hook up the math if you see this
    From 12 to 24?

Correct ... 2nd & 3rd

That would be slightly off in our favor ... the Jets would need to toss a 6th in the deal

According to the chart the Jets would need to package the 12th Overall and a 6th ... for the 24th Overall, and a 2nd & 3rd

Practice Squad
    I think trading down would be a good idea because the Jets are going to retool the defense so they can use extra picks for depth and who knows the Colts got tw odefense starters in rounds 2 and 3 I think.

All League
    Originally posted by JonMcGraw38@Dec 30 2003, 06:40 PM
    Since I dont see us getting Sean Taylor with the 12th overall, I think we need to trade down and get something like 2 mid-early 20s for our 12th and 2nd rounder. DeAngelo Hall, Marlin Jackson, Chris Gamble, and/or Derrick Strait should be available around the 20th pick and one of elite Linebackers (Jonathan Vilma, DJ Williams, and Derrick Johnson) will be on the board as well.
    Only the Pats have two first round picks this year. And they are both was past pick 20.