Thread: The Jets OFF-SEASON Overhaul Plan

Waterboy
    Ok I personally am beginning to warm up to the idea of having John Abraham at LB next season… For all of you who will go onto say that Abraham cant cover I think that the position that they are putting him in truly will not have him covering a lot. Herman said that he will be a glorified safety on running downs and a pass rusher with out his hand on the ground on passing downs.

I also like the move of Hobson to the Middle, but I do not like the idea of Cowart back though because he is due a 5 million dollar bonus this of-season and I think grabbing a Derrick Johnson, D. J. Williams, or even Teddy Lehman in round 2… I just think as we try the movement to speed and youth Cowart just does not fit that mold at this point in his career. He never has nor will return to his 200 and 1999 form when with the Bills please cut him, get us and him out of this missery let him go be a 3-4 ILB were he can revive his career a little bit maybe.

I think depth included our LB’s should look like this:
    SLB: Abraham, Draftee
    MLB: Hobson, Brown
    WLB: Draftee/FA Acquisition, Glenn

I think that would be a 180 degree turn from entering last year we would then be averaging maybe 25 years old at LB and the speed would be unbeleivable something that WOULD HELP LORE A ROD MARINELLI TO BE OUR DC…

Rod would help our first round pick laden defensive line become a fource with the speed behind them.

Now I know in this salary cap strapped NFL era I know he Jets will be hard pressed to pull this off but I think that LB is still the first way to go come 04 draft… I think T.O. would love to come here and will but do you want a 29 year old wide out going on 30 or do you say forget D for round one and go WR were a Great Reggie Williams will be available and can surpass the production that T.O. would give in 05'’possibly...

Our CB siuation NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED with Beasley NOT coming back and GARNES more than likely on the way out too. Me personally I am in favor of trading up yeat again to snag THE BIGEST DEFENSIVE TALENT IN YEARS I think you all know who im talking about!!! SEAN TAYLOR S OUT OF MIAMI.

HERMAN EDWARDS HAS SAID THAT EVEN IF retiring maybe Dave Szott decides to stay the Jets will not retain Brent Smith as starter and will give one spot to BRANDON MORRE (I love that steal) and SOMEONE ELSE…hmhmhmhm I love Cosey Coleman as a possibility biug fast strong and YOUNG. I think he would not be to much $$$ and would make a hell of an oline at:

LT: McKenzie
    LG: Coleman
    C: Mawae
    RG: Moore
    RT: Fabini
    I LIIIIKE IT!!!

I just think that maybe a franchise needs a year like this to do out with the old and in with the new and do it in favor of the fans point of view…This all may be in best favor of the Jets come end of 04’into 05’ We’ll see I guess

LETS GO ROD MARINELLI

LETS GO SEAN TAYLOR

LETS GO T.O.

LETS GO COSEY SOLEMAN

LETS GO TO THE 04’ Super BOWL (well let me relax) LOL

Veteran
    Charter JI Member

Who is the guard Coleman? And who stays for depth?

Does Marrone stay in your plan?

Your LB group scares me as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: I see people knocking the thought of Abe playing LB.....I saw him play LB his senior year against my Gators....we trounced em but he was all over the friggin field....great move by the Jets....I want to also see Mark Brown fully healthy and get some playing time...he was a stud at Auburn.

Waterboy
    I also would love to see Brown play i think he will be our back-up MLB next season HERMY LOVES HIM TOO.

My depth at guard would be Yovonovits, Szott is he stayed, GOODWIN MOVING TO CENTER, nd a later round draftee.

I like my LB plan youth speed inexperience yes but speed and young talent.

AND YES I WANT ROD MARINELLI HE IS IN MY PLANS

All Pro
    Don't forget Nimmino, picked up from the Bucs. He will be in th emix at Offensive Guard next season.

Waterboy
    THATS RIGHT LANCE NIMMO IS BOTH DEPTH AT TACKLE AND GUARD ALSO...

good idea, but even with taylor at SS, how do we address the CB situation, especially with Beasley going

Veteran
    Dont forget Mcgraw....sticking with him would be a mistake

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by Shadetree@Dec 31 2003, 05:21 PM
    shadetree,

Jon McGraw + 15 pounds of rip = very solid SS

Jon McGraw + 25 pounds of rip = John Lynch

quick someone get Latimer from "the program" on the phone or maybe Barry Bonds trainer B)

Veteran
    Originally posted by bitonti+Dec 31 2003, 05:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bitonti @ Dec 31 2003, 05:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Shadetree@Dec 31 2003, 05:21 PM
    shadetree,

Jon McGraw + 15 pounds of rip = very solid SS

Jon McGraw + 25 pounds of rip = John Lynch

quick someone get Latimer from "the program" on the phone or maybe Barry Bonds trainer B) [/b][/quote]
    He&#39;s a piece of glass.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    well 20 pounds of rip will do alot for durablilty

also WAY too soon to tell after one injured year. Until it happens again its just an event not a trend.

Veteran
    Originally posted by bitonti@Dec 31 2003, 05:58 PM
    well 20 pounds of rip will do alot for durablilty

also WAY too soon to tell after one injured year. Until it happens again its just an event not a trend.
    True.
    I think they at the very least consider an open competition in camp with an established safety.

All League
    i think the D is shaping up already to be better.

DE - Ellis and Thomas
    DT - Ferguson and Robertson
    LB - Hobson, Cowart, and Abraham
    CB - Abraham and FA/draft pick
    S - McGraw and FA/draft pick