Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: does anybody here go to the draft?

Banned
    i dont waste my time watching the NFL draft since its 10 hours of bordom, but I've seen espn show it and theres always a bunch of Jets fans there

and i was wondering if anybody here has been to the NFL draft before?

All Pro
    I went once, the year they had four picks... Without a doubt the most mind numingly boring experience of my life... but i did see them pick pennington... WHat most people may nt remember, is that when we didn't get Penning at 13 fans were pissed... we thought we missed our shot at him, because everyone knew the Raiders needed a qb, and the crowed lauged and went nuts when Oakland drafted Janikowski instead...

All League
    Went to one years ago. Actually had a good time. (I'm easily entertained when it comes to the Jets)

Not going to say who they selected, he was one of the biggest busts in Jets history. I liked him.

Banned
    I went last year and had a great time,got to talk to the players ,shake hands and get pictures.

I suggest you go once.

I was thinking of going this year with a group of my friends. To any of you who have gone is there anything I need to know about it that I need such as tickets and if so how to get the tickets. Thanks

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Go to the Draft party at the ESPN zone instead alot of Jets players plus lots of 16H people there also.

Originally posted by blackout806@Jan 10 2004, 02:26 PM
    i dont waste my time watching the NFL draft since its 10 hours of bordom, but I've seen espn show it and theres always a bunch of Jets fans there

and i was wondering if anybody here has been to the NFL draft before?
    Last year I went to the Jets party at Poor Billy's instead.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Penning10@Jan 10 2004, 07:14 PM
    I was thinking of going this year with a group of my friends. To any of you who have gone is there anything I need to know about it that I need such as tickets and if so how to get the tickets. Thanks
    I used to work at the NFL league office. As such I was at several drafts. Some I worked at others I just hung out. Either way it is painfully boring. You wait for literally hours between Jet picks. You are better off finding a draft party to go to. I hope Jillians on LI has another one this year. I missed last years. I heard it was pretty good time.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

I`VE been to the draft a # of times over the years ,you basicly get there btween 6-8 am( to be sure to get in) and stand in line and they give you the ticket to get in as you enter ,Iwas the first one in line when we drafted keyshawn .LAST year Iwatched it from NEW ORLEANS jazz fest with jumba ,but the previous couple of years I did draft day parties ,a much better experience and the way to go.

Banned
    Originally posted by FlaGreen@Jan 10 2004, 02:48 PM
    Not going to say who they selected, he was one of the biggest busts in Jets history. I liked him.
    there could be plenty of names to choose

come on, who was it?

All Pro
    Originally posted by blackout806+Jan 10 2004, 07:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (blackout806 @ Jan 10 2004, 07:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--FlaGreen@Jan 10 2004, 02:48 PM
    there could be plenty of names to choose

come on, who was it? [/b][/quote]
    Blair Thomas? :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    i went the year they picked keyshawn.

after he was picked and they put a white jets cap on his bloated yet talented head, he came out to the crowd. He came right towards me, i dont know if it was my good looks or my cologne , but he came right towars me. He stood about 6 or 7 feet in front of me and took off his cap and threw it towards me. It was on a perfect trajectory for my hands. In that slow motion, asit flew to me...i said to myself , "holy sh00t, its going to be mine...this is awsome..."

and then about 5 people tackled me and i was on the floor. when the smoke cleared, the guy next to me was wearing it.

All League
    TB doesn&#39;t even attend draft&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; &#33;&#33;&#33;

He has a timeshare that week at club med

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Then you have those draft day cards also DK which have ME-SHAWN in a washington redskin uniform,a deal that feel through at the last minute and the JETS kept the pick...

All League
    how do u get tix for the draft. if i went i would stay until the end of the 2nd round

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by joiseyjet@Jan 10 2004, 09:34 PM
    Then you have those draft day cards also DK which have ME-SHAWN in a washington redskin uniform,a deal that feel through at the last minute and the JETS kept the pick...
    no i do not. But they did give us a bunch of free bees like an am radio and some football cards.

How funny you should say that because i was looking at them cards and wondered what if this guy didnt make it to that team, would the card be worth &#036;&#036;&#036; some day?

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

You go the day of the draft it`s free (at least it used to be) you wait on line and the amount of seats they have they give away that morning at about 10:30 am and start letting people in about 11am. if you get there by 7 or 8am you definetly get in ,the first year Iwent the KEYSHAWN draft ,I didn`t know how early you needed to be there bye so Igot there at 10pm the night before ,the next people there showed up at 6am....

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by thechadzone10@Jan 10 2004, 09:44 PM
    how do u get tix for the draft. if i went i would stay until the end of the 2nd round
    i think its free. i think you just have to wait like hell on line. its worth it if you have a quick pick but after that its a huge bore.

I heckled joe theisman too. I said "hey joe, what hurt more....when LT broke your leg or cathie lee broke your heart..."

he heard it too....

And what an arrogent piece of crappp that boomer from espn is. He was yelling at his assistants, practicing during breaks . he is a very bad man

Banned
    Originally posted by thechadzone10@Jan 10 2004, 09:44 PM
    1st come first serve...but if you do stay untill the end of the draft they take your name and they send you special tix and you are the 1st let in next year.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Originally posted by dickkotite+Jan 10 2004, 09:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dickkotite @ Jan 10 2004, 09:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--joiseyjet@Jan 10 2004, 09:34 PM
    no i do not. But they did give us a bunch of free bees like an am radio and some football cards.

How funny you should say that because i was looking at them cards and wondered what if this guy didnt make it to that team, would the card be worth &#036;&#036;&#036; some day? [/b][/quote]
    Right those football cards they gave you have that KEYSHAWN CARD IN THEM , I keep hoping KEY goes anywhere but washington in hopes it will be worth something someday ...