Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Chief's defense is the worst I have ever seen

Bitter
    It was an absolute disgrace. Every time the Chiefs scored you just knew that the Colts were going to turn around and do the exact same thing. I called it before the playoffs started. The Chiefs would be exposed. Boy did they ever.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by huskeralk@Jan 11 2004, 06:19 PM
    It was an absolute disgrace. Every time the Chiefs scored you just knew that the Colts were going to turn around and do the exact same thing. I called it before the playoffs started. The Chiefs would be exposed. Boy did they ever.
    As a Pat Fan would your have rather played the Chiefs??

Bitter
    Originally posted by savage69@Jan 11 2004, 06:24 PM
    It really didn't matter to me. I wanted to see them play the Chiefs for the simple matter that the Patriots haven't played the Chiefs yet this year and being in Kansas, it would have been cool to see the Patriots and Chiefs in the AFC Championship since I have so many friends that are Chiefs fans. I really think both teams are pretty much the same. They both have incredible offenses but their defenses are just plain offensive.

Veteran
    Originally posted by huskeralk+Jan 11 2004, 07:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (huskeralk @ Jan 11 2004, 07:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--savage69@Jan 11 2004, 06:24 PM
    It really didn&#39;t matter to me. I wanted to see them play the Chiefs for the simple matter that the Patriots haven&#39;t played the Chiefs yet this year and being in Kansas, it would have been cool to see the Patriots and Chiefs in the AFC Championship since I have so many friends that are Chiefs fans. I really think both teams are pretty much the same. They both have incredible offenses but their defenses are just plain offensive. [/b][/quote]
    the colts have a much better pass rush which will most likely cause some problems for brady, more so than the chiefs would have

Bitter
    Originally posted by djc@Jan 11 2004, 06:31 PM
    the colts have a much better pass rush which will most likely cause some problems for brady, more so than the chiefs would have
    Not too concerned with the pass rush. The Titans pass rush was pretty much nonexistant last night. Oh that&#39;s right, we were holding every play and the refs just chose not to call it. But back to the topic. I figure if the Titans couldn&#39;t get a decent pass rush on us, then Indianapolis is going to have one hell of a time. They didn&#39;t do much in our last game and they were playing on turf.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by huskeralk+Jan 11 2004, 06:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (huskeralk @ Jan 11 2004, 06:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--djc@Jan 11 2004, 06:31 PM
    Not too concerned with the pass rush. The Titans pass rush was pretty much nonexistant last night. Oh that&#39;s right, we were holding every play and the refs just chose not to call it. But back to the topic. I figure if the Titans couldn&#39;t get a decent pass rush on us, then Indianapolis is going to have one hell of a time. They didn&#39;t do much in our last game and they were playing on turf. [/b][/quote]
    Hey&#33;&#33; Come on Husker your better than that&#33;&#33; DJC didn&#39;t talk Smack why are you??

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by savage69@Jan 11 2004, 07:24 PM

I would have much preferred the Chiefs.

Manning is capable of lighting up any defense.

However, he had all day to throw against both Denver and KC. That will not be the case next Sunday.

Veteran
    Originally posted by huskeralk+Jan 11 2004, 07:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (huskeralk @ Jan 11 2004, 07:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--djc@Jan 11 2004, 06:31 PM
    Not too concerned with the pass rush. The Titans pass rush was pretty much nonexistant last night. Oh that&#39;s right, we were holding every play and the refs just chose not to call it. But back to the topic. I figure if the Titans couldn&#39;t get a decent pass rush on us, then Indianapolis is going to have one hell of a time. They didn&#39;t do much in our last game and they were playing on turf. [/b][/quote]
    freeney can be scary if he gets going. though, admittedly, so can kearse, and obviously he didnt do enough last night.

Bitter
    Originally posted by savage69@Jan 11 2004, 06:36 PM
    Hey&#33;&#33; Come on Husker your better than that&#33;&#33; DJC didn&#39;t talk Smack why are you??
    I wasn&#39;t talking smack on him. I just had to throw a jab at all the haters.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by djc@Jan 11 2004, 07:39 PM

freeney can be scary if he gets going. though, admittedly, so can kearse, and obviously he didnt do enough last night.

Freeney is a hell of a player.

During the first Pats-Colts game, he blew right around Matt Light 2 times early in the game.

After that, BB and CW kept Graham in the backfield to double-team.

That adjustment worked pretty good for the rest of the game.

Bitter
    Originally posted by djc@Jan 11 2004, 06:39 PM
    That&#39;s why I&#39;m not that concerned. We faced Freeney once already and he was invisible. You know who was blocking him? Daniel Graham our TE&#33;&#33;

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Jan 11 2004, 06:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Jan 11 2004, 06:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--savage69@Jan 11 2004, 07:24 PM

I would have much preferred the Chiefs.

Manning is capable of lighting up any defense.

However, he had all day to throw against both Denver and KC. That will not be the case next Sunday. [/b][/quote]
    I agree Tex.. I as a Jet Fan was in Awe of what Belicheck did when he was here as a DC&#33;
    Plus some people forget he has the Nucleolus of both Giant and Pat Coaches with him that
    were instrumental in Both Giant and Pat Super Bowls..Hard for this Old Timer to bet against&#33;&#33;

Veteran
    Originally posted by huskeralk+Jan 11 2004, 07:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (huskeralk @ Jan 11 2004, 07:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--djc@Jan 11 2004, 06:39 PM
    That&#39;s why I&#39;m not that concerned. We faced Freeney once already and he was invisible. You know who was blocking him? Daniel Graham our TE&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    I cant disagree with you, simply because he was pretty invisible in the jets game too. As an impartial observer, I&#39;d fear the colts d more than the chiefs d, but not by much. Peyton is of course the real difference maker right now.

Bitter
    Originally posted by djc@Jan 11 2004, 06:45 PM
    I cant disagree with you, simply because he was pretty invisible in the jets game too. As an impartial observer, I&#39;d fear the colts d more than the chiefs d, but not by much. Peyton is of course the real difference maker right now.
    Exactly. I agree about the Colts offense. It looks to be a little hotter than KC&#39;s right now but then again, Peyton is going to tear you up if you don&#39;t get somebody in his face. There won&#39;t be a scrimmage in New England next sunday.

My prediction: Manning will choke in New England. He is used to playing indoors and the cold will definatly effect him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by NYJetsro71@Jan 11 2004, 07:49 PM
    My prediction: Manning will choke in New England. He is used to playing indoors and the cold will definatly effect him.
    He looked pretty good playing outdoors today.

Bitter
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Jan 11 2004, 06:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Jan 11 2004, 06:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--NYJetsro71@Jan 11 2004, 07:49 PM
    He looked pretty good playing outdoors today. [/b][/quote]
    I think Manning could play well outside as long as everyone just stands around and looks at him. He&#39;ll look like Bledsoe if we get in his face.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Jan 11 2004, 06:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Jan 11 2004, 06:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--NYJetsro71@Jan 11 2004, 07:49 PM
    He looked pretty good playing outdoors today. [/b][/quote]
    What was the Temp today in KC?? 40&#39;s?? Unless NE gets a Warm spell I wouldn&#39;t
    Worry&#33;&#33; Hell,we beat them last year last year 41-0 and the Pats are a better Team&#33;&#33;

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by savage69@Jan 11 2004, 07:56 PM

What was the Temp today in KC?? 40&#39;s?? Unless NE gets a Warm spell I wouldn&#39;t
    Worry&#33;&#33; Hell,we beat them last year last year 41-0 and the Pats are a better Team&#33;&#33;
    savage- It was in the mid 40&#39;s with barely any wind in KC.

The perfect conditions next week would be temps in the teens with a strong NE wind of 20-30 MPH.

The Colts vertical offense would be much more at a disadvantage than the Pats dump and dink offense.

Bring on the wind&#33;

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Jan 11 2004, 07:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Jan 11 2004, 07:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--savage69@Jan 11 2004, 07:56 PM

savage- It was in the mid 40&#39;s with barely any wind in KC.

The perfect conditions next week would be temps in the teens with a strong NE wind of 20-30 MPH.

The Colts vertical offense would be much more at a disadvantage than the Pats dump and dink offense.

Bring on the wind&#33; [/b][/quote]
    So All in All it looks like a minus 0 wind chill factor for the Domed Pony&#39;s..Or
    should I say the DOOMED Ponys?? They couldn&#39;t score from the 1 yd line at Home
    how will they beat Belicheck at the Frozen Tundra?? Payton need not worry about
    a Dripping Nose, Beli will have people on him to make sure it&#39;s wiped&#33;&#33; :lol: