Thread: Teddy Lehman-LB OU

Undrafted Free Agent
    This is an excerpt from article on SI.com regarding Senior Bowl practice of Teddy Lehman.

"Linebacker Teddy Lehman of Oklahoma, considered by many as one of the nation's most underrated prospects, may well have been the best defensive player of the day. Lehman matched his quick thinking skills with explosive athletic ability, and he was all over the field, running down ball carriers then tackling them."

Sounds like we can use someone with that ability. Can he be had in second round?

All League
    He probably wont fall to our pick in the second round...Its too early to know where he'll go...but as of now most people have him as a late first or early second rounder.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    from Riggins44 senior bowl notes

"The linebackers, as a group have struggled, with the exception of Oklahoma's Tedy Lehman, who's been outstanding. Lehman has done nothing but help himself early"

TomShane
    Allow me to extend this hyperbole....

If the Jets leave Day One of the draft with Teddy Lehman, I will consider the draft a complete success, and there aren't any other players except for Robert Gallery and Sean Taylor I can say that about.

All Pro
    I would love to see Teddy Lehman in Jets green. I don't see him falling to our pick in the 2nd round, though I will still be praying for it to happen!

My dream would be a Sean Taylor or a Kellen Winslow to fall to us in the first (not likely), then a Teddy Lehman or a John Vilma to fall to us in the second. After that, everything else would be just gravy.

All Pro
    If Williams, Taylor and Winslow are gone at #12, how much of a reach is it to take Lehman there in the 1st?? He's bigger then Vilma, quite fast. This means not taking Hall or Strait.

Rookie
    After he runs a 4.65 or 4.7 at the combine, he will be there in the second round. the same thing happened with former OU linebacker Rocky Calmus (now with the Titans).

All League
    Originally posted by stonehands@Jan 21 2004, 09:09 AM
    After he runs a 4.65 or 4.7 at the combine, he will be there in the second round. the same thing happened with former OU linebacker Rocky Calmus (now with the Titans).
    I've been big on taking Lehman because i have seen some OU games and he is a monster. One of the things that caught my ear from the announcers of the OU game was when they said Teddy Lehman is most likely the fastest linebacker in the entire country. Don't be surprised if this kid gets the Nick Barnette jump up a round award this year. This prospect is one of those guys that all the scouts will be talking about numbers and the football coaches will see raw speed and talent.

TomShane
    Originally posted by stonehands@Jan 21 2004, 09:09 AM
    He runs a 4.45 40. Sure, it's probably roid-aided, but who gives a shizz?