Thread: If our secondary isn't in the top

All Pro
    The statement below is only valid if Henderson is our DC.

If in the 2004 season our secondary isn't in the top 5 if not atleast the top 10 I will turn on Herm faster then he can say blitz, which isn't too fast. We now have a HC who used to be a CB and then coached DB's for years along with a DC who spent a number of years coaching DB's. What else could be done to turn that back 4 around? I swear, if we're still dropping easy INT's and giving WR's 10 yd cushions I'm going to personally kick those coaches asses, I'm sure a few of you wouldn't hesitate to help, Savage? GJH?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Jetlag@Jan 24 2004, 03:38 PM
    The statement below is only valid if Henderson is our DC.

If in the 2004 season our secondary isn't in the top 5 if not atleast the top 10 I will turn on Herm faster then he can say blitz, which isn't too fast. We now have a HC who used to be a CB and then coached DB's for years along with a DC who spent a number of years coaching DB's. What else could be done to turn that back 4 around? I swear, if we're still dropping easy INT's and giving WR's 10 yd cushions I'm going to personally kick those coaches asses, I'm sure a few of you wouldn't hesitate to help, Savage? GJH?
    Well Said my Friend! You want our Jets to Win just as much as we
    do!! We won't stand for Failure anymore!!

Agreed...but obviously we need some big offseason signings and draft pickups to bolster our secondary.

If Abraham is our #1 corner and garnes is our best safety next year...we will blow.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    doesn't matter who the next DC is or DB coach... if they don't sign someone who can at least do an imitation of a #1 CB the unit (and by extension, the defense) is doomed.

All Pro
    Originally posted by bitonti@Jan 24 2004, 04:49 PM
    doesn't matter who the next DC is or DB coach... if they don't sign someone who can at least do an imitation of a #1 CB the unit (and by extension, the defense) is doomed.
    Well if Henderson does become our DC, I'm 100% sure we'll see a big name in here, either through the draft or FA.

Practice Squad
    Hopefully Henderson can help us land McCallister...