Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: new d. c.

  1. #1
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    phoenix via orlando via nyc
    Posts
    436
    I am fortunate to have this opportunity and have great respect for Coach Edwards and the Jets' organization on how they handled this process," Henderson said. "They treated me with respect and were first class. I've been preparing to be a defensive coordinator and I'm looking forward to working with a group of talented players who have the potential to dominant and be potential Pro Bowlers. I believe when you're between the lines to hit them fast and hit them hard. We will prepare our players to do just that."

    I especially like " when between the lines hit them fast and hit them hard. we will prepare our players to do jus that"

    this sounds like what everyone wanted to hear. let's hope it happens

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,959
    I certainly never heard Fat Teddy say that, it was "They were in position but they didn't wrap up" No $hit Teddy.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,709
    I have not heard anything official on the radio about the Jets hiring Henderson yet. Is it official yet? All i keep hearing about is that Norv Turner is the new head coach of the Raiders, and Byron Scott was fired as the head coach of the Nets.

  4. #4
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    175
    Originally posted by persiussa@Jan 26 2004, 02:26 PM
    I have not heard anything official on the radio about the Jets hiring Henderson yet. Is it official yet? All i keep hearing about is that Norv Turner is the new head coach of the Raiders, and Byron Scott was fired as the head coach of the Nets.
    Its on the Jets website. Its official.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Woods in Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,290
    Originally posted by persiussa@Jan 26 2004, 01:26 PM
    I have not heard anything official on the radio about the Jets hiring Henderson yet. Is it official yet? All i keep hearing about is that Norv Turner is the new head coach of the Raiders, and Byron Scott was fired as the head coach of the Nets.
    ESPN is reporting it.

    Link:

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor..._len&id=1718168

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,409
    Originally posted by jetfaninmickeymouseland@Jan 26 2004, 02:14 PM
    I am fortunate to have this opportunity and have great respect for Coach Edwards and the Jets' organization on how they handled this process," Henderson said. "They treated me with respect and were first class. I've been preparing to be a defensive coordinator and I'm looking forward to working with a group of talented players who have the potential to dominant and be potential Pro Bowlers. I believe when you're between the lines to hit them fast and hit them hard. We will prepare our players to do just that."

    I especially like " when between the lines hit them fast and hit them hard. we will prepare our players to do jus that"

    this sounds like what everyone wanted to hear. let's hope it happens
    Fine words from Henderson, although the bit about the Jets handling the whole process in a 1st class manner was obviously written by the Jets media relations office. Why would Henderson talk about the process unless he had been prompted to by the Jets PR people?

    I do like the rest of the comments, though. I like the idea of our players hitting them hard and hitting them fast. Heck, them hitting anybody at all would be a major improvement on last year.

    Personally, I wasn't a big fan of 'the process' which the Jets went through. They seemed to believe they had all the time in the world to hire a guy, and that no other team would hire guys they might want. Maybe Henderson really was their number 1 guy, although I doubt it. He probably wasn't the 6th choice either, probably somewhere in the middle.

    In any event, I'm glad that the Jets finally have someone who has worked with a successful D, and a guy that Herm clearly likes. Now that the 'process' is finally done with, we can all get behind Donnie and wish him all the best in his new position. I'm looking forward to seeing a far more aggressive D, with some Ravens-esque performances in the coming years.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    18,661
    Originally posted by mrcoops@Jan 26 2004, 03:37 PM
    Fine words from Henderson, although the bit about the Jets handling the whole process in a 1st class manner was obviously written by the Jets media relations office. Why would Henderson talk about the process unless he had been prompted to by the Jets PR people?

    come on bro, it's always first class if YOU are the one hired, lol

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us