Thread: tell me what you don't like about new DC

Waterboy
    Tell me what you don't like about Henderson without the simple answer......no experience and no one else wanted him. All the teams that didn't want him are all in need because the last DC they chose wasn't good either.

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT HENDERSON.....................

Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome lauded Henderson's eye for talent and tough-love approach. What about the lack of experience?

Last season, Baltimore ranked third in total defense, fourth against the pass and sixth against the run, while playing a mixture of the 3-4 and 4-3 alignments and relying heavily on the blitz, often sending safeties with its linebackers.

Henderson played a big role in developing cornerback Chris McAlister and safety Ed Reed, both Pro Bowlers. A third Pro Bowler, linebacker Peter Boulware was the catalyst of the defense with his ability to play both linebacker and defensive end.

The Jets, who ranked 21st in total defense and 28th against the run, envision John Abraham -- who'll be moved from defensive end to linebacker -- in the same role as Boulware.

NOW TELL ME WHAT YOU DON'T LIKE!

All League
    Jetfan- Hendu is now getting credit for Lb's??

we may have the best thing since sliced bread!!!!!

All League
    THIS IS LIKE THE 15TH FRIGGIN TOPIC ABOUT HOW HENDERSON!!!! COME ON GUYS READ!!!!!!!!!& #33;!!!!

Waterboy
    Don't give him credit for the total ravens defence, just credit for knowing it well enough to have 2 pro bowl players, and his knowledge he has with the system will be brought to NYJ. Some people speak as if a DB coach doesn't understand anything about a defence other than the DB's.

You can't teach a CB to play if you don't understand the whole system.

He seems to be well educated in diff defences. 4-3, 3-4, & 50.

I'm not giving the guy a star yet, but he seems to have alot of what we need
    and a whole lot of potential.

All Pro
    I just want to give him a chance, instead of bashing him because he isn't the "best" guy, as per quite a few posters around here.