Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets sign a punter...

Veteran
    Jets | Simnjanovski Signed - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:39:57 -0800

The New York Jets have announced the team has free agent P Brian Simnjanovski (Cardinals).

Anyone know anything about this guy? Is he legit? Upgrade to Stryzinski or Training Camp competition?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by Miracle In The Meadowlands@Jan 27 2004, 06:47 PM

The New York Jets have announced the team has free agent P Brian Simnjanovski (Cardinals).

Hell, I just got close to spelling Stryzinski correctly.

Veteran
    :lol: I actually had to edit the spelling of Stryzinski too!

Rookie
    Not very interesting, but here you go:

http://www.azcardinals.com/press/pressdeta...ls.php?sid=1336

Rookie
    This, however, is a bit more interesting:

http://www.azcardinals.com/cheerleaders/team.php

All Pro
    Damn those chicks love make-up.....I'd have to go with either Cassie or Rachael

Veteran
    Originally posted by pope@Jan 27 2004, 10:32 PM
    Pope, can't you wait to put him on your Avatar until he's in green? That Faider helmet has got to go.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    sounds like he's totally baked in this touching interview

All Pro
    alright 310 I'll get rid of it :lol: .....

Veteran
    We wear our punters out. Shouldn't that be a sign?

I'll bet the punters wanted Cottrell gone more than anyone!

All League
    A two-time academic all-conference pick who was named as a Verizon Academic All-American following his junior season... Coming off an impressive campaign... He has already recorded two of the best single-season averages in school history... Also handles kickoff duties and could battle for place-kicking assignments after a strong spring of putting the ball through the uprights... Is a valuable weapon for the Aztecs... Finished 14th nationally and tops in the Mountain West in punting a year ago and was on the Ray Guy Award watch list and should be a strong contender for the honor this season…Was the Aztecs' special teams player of the year.

2001: Averaged 43.6 yards per punt for the third best single-season average in the history of San Diego State… Had 14 punts that covered at least 50 yards and had another 22 downed inside the opposition's 20-yard-line… Best game of the season may have come at Arizona State... Averaged 47.4 yards on eight punts at ASU... Had four punts travel over 50 yards and four that were downed inside the 20 against the Sun Devils… Booted a 64-yarder in the field position battle at Colorado State and had nine kicks for a 46.8-yard average in Fort Collins.

2000: Handled every kickoff for the Aztecs, recording six touchbacks... Emerged as one of the nation's top punters and handled all but pooch-punt situations... Averaged 42.8 yards on 55 punts, including a 60-yarder at New Mexico, to rank second in the MWC and 14th nationally in punting... It was the seventh best average in school history... His 43.8-yard average during conference play led the league... In all, had nine punts travel over 50 yards... Placed six punts inside the 20-yard-line.

1999: Saw action all season as a walk-on, handling kickoff duties... Credited with two tackles.

High School: Did not play football until his senior year of high school... An all-Valley pick as a kicker... Selected to play in the Alex Spanos All-Star Game... A four-year letterman in soccer... Escondido's co-athlete of the year as a senior.

Personal: Born May 29, 1981, in Escondido... Son of Djoko and Zorka Simnjanovski... Is a second cousin of Aztec place-kicker Tommy Kirovski and Jovan Kirovski, a member of the U.S. national soccer team... A social science major

JetsInsider.com Legend
    sounds good to me... westy will turn him into an all pro and half the fans will think its the same punter from last season... a public relations COUP i tell ya

Waterboy
    I'm just waiting for someone (ehem cough cough dick kotite or tom shane) to come up with a how many Polocks does it take to kick a football joke lol. :lol:

All League
    He was born on the same day and year as me! I like this guy already.

Banned
    I long for the golden age of Tom Tupa...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by pope@Jan 27 2004, 07:32 PM

I'm confused?? Is the Cockpit the one on the right or the Left??

Practice Squad
    If this guy doesn't work out, we need to sign Brooks Barnard. Currently he's a FA and I believe is scheduled to play in Europe. He was a Ray Guy finalist several years in college, he can boot the ball, and he can bench more than half of our defense. I watched him play for 4 years, only saw him screw up once.

Veteran
    Originally posted by pope@Jan 27 2004, 11:06 PM
    alright 310 I'll get rid of it :lol: .....
    That's better.

Rookie
    Originally posted by bitonti@Jan 27 2004, 09:05 PM
    sounds like he's totally baked in this touching interview

Any one else find it a little disturbing that this guy only punts 30 balls per practice... never been a punter but that seems a little low. maybe that's why there are only a handful of decent punters in the league.

All Pro
    I know nothing about this guy, except for the fact that he's a lot younger than our current punter. Also, that he has animpossible to spell name. How did we go from Tupa and Turk to Styrewzki and Simnjanovski?