Thread: Franchise, transition Tags

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

PFT lists t Franchise and transition numbers for all of the positions, today.

Pertinent to the Jets is offensive linemen (McKenzie)-The Franchise # is just over 7 mill and the transition is just over 6 mill.

The Jets need to do whatever they can do to extend this man during the month of Feb. The should use NEITHER of those 2 Tags as they will only eat up valuable cap space ro the FA period.

McKenzie needs to be priority #1 starting NOW.

Paradigm 1 should no longer be a problem (mismatching the defensive philosophies).

Paradigm 2 does not rear it's head this year (Paying FA based on past performance and not on future worth).

Paradigm 3: reacting more quickly to themarket, needs to be reolved now

All Pro
    Those salary numbers are higher then I thought. Doesn't matter. We need this guy, so do whatever it takes. Then move him to the left side, and Fabini to the right.

All Pro
    Isn't McKenzie a resricted FA? Jets can tender him at 1st round level for about $1.3M. I don't see any way he gets transitioned or franchised.

Banned
    Mrcoops is correct, Mckenzie does not have to be tagged, just tendered.

All Pro
    oh my ....yea theres no way hes getting orlando pace money or being franchised or transitioned.

He will be offered A 1RD TENDER. iF ANY TEAM WANTS TO TAKE HIM WE GET A FIRST ROUND PICK. iF NOT WE SAVE TONS OF MONEY FOR ATLEAST NOW.