Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With One More Loss...

I have never and could never root for the Jets to lose. But, it does now kind of sting to realize that with one more loss the Jets would be picking 5th overall, based on having the the easiest schedule among the 5-11 teams.

So when most of the fans left the game against the Jags, we should have taken Chad Pennington with us, cause he cost us Sean Taylor with the 5th pick.

Or should we be saying if one play in each of the following games went a different direction we would be picking with all the playoff teams:

At Washington had we re-signed Hall he wouldn't have kick a field goal to beat up

At NE the Pick for TD on the flat pass by Vinny

At Philly Chad threw a big interception late in the game

NY Giants had we re-signed Hall he would have been ready to kick a 50 yard Field Goal in OT

At Indy, had we made one play prior to half we would be going to OT, or made a play on the Fake field goal

I'm not going to mention the last 2 games because I think the towel was thrown in by that point.

To me that is 5 more wins taking our record to 11-5 ,making the playoffs.

"What If's"...the greatest line in all of sports...

Waterboy
    Your theory is a little flawed. J Hall most likely would have missed the 50 yarder even if he as ready, not to mention the 5 other games he would have lost us by sending easy chip shots square into the ass of his long snapper.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Yup, Curtis Martin cost us a higher pick with his performance against Pittsburgh.

Chad though is the main culprit.lol.... He won us games against Tennessee, At Oakland and against Jacksonville. Those were 3 wins basically spearheaded by him. If he had just played poorly, He could have been playing with Winslow this year.lol

Waterboy
    Doesn't much matter....this draft is chock FULL of quality...we have many needs and picking at 12 or trading down will be just fine. It's a win/win situation.

All Pro
    Hall's kicked would have been blocked.

Waterboy
    Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria@Jan 29 2004, 12:32 PM
    Hall's kicked would have been blocked.
    No, it would have been stuck in the long snapper's ass lol.

All Pro
    Originally posted by Boozer76+Jan 29 2004, 12:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Boozer76 @ Jan 29 2004, 12:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--The Gun Of Bavaria@Jan 29 2004, 12:32 PM
    Hall&#39;s kicked would have been blocked.
    No, it would have been stuck in the long snapper&#39;s ass lol. [/b][/quote]
    Guns, I think Boozer is probably closer to the truth. But you can&#39;t play these what if&#39;s, because if Chad didn&#39;t get hurt, we might have started 2-2 instead of 0-4. Or, if Chad stayed out the whole season, or came back for only 2-3 games, like Vick, we might be drafting ahead of the Giants.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Doesn&#39;t really matter.

Bradway could screw up that pick too.

Practice Squad
    With a few more wins we could have been in the Playoffs...

Originally posted by Boozer76+Jan 29 2004, 12:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Boozer76 @ Jan 29 2004, 12:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--The Gun Of Bavaria@Jan 29 2004, 12:32 PM
    Hall&#39;s kicked would have been blocked.
    No, it would have been stuck in the long snapper&#39;s ass lol. [/b][/quote]
    lmao i was laughing when i read this

poor James Dearth......poor James Dearth

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Chad though is the main culprit.lol.... He won us games against Tennessee, At Oakland and against Jacksonville.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

All Pro
    Haven&#39;t we all learned yet: "You play to win the game" C&#39;mon fellas get with the program.

All League
    Should of, would have, could have...

"If you don&#39;t believe, change teams and become fans of another team. We feel very confident in what we can do." - Chad Pennington
    That very statement simplifies what a true fan of any team is.

We root for our team to win, not to lose. Anyone who roots for a team to lose is not a true fan of the game.

That type of person is only in the game for the bragging rights & not to stay in the trenches & stand by his team - especially when they suck&#33;

LET IT GO&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

As the Tuna himself said on so many occasions: "You are what you are." The Jets lost a couple they could have/should have won (at Skins; vs. Giants) and won a couple they tried mightily to lose (at Houston; vs. Jags) plus some others (at Philly, at N.E., at Colts, at Miami) that a subpar team is just destined to lose. Bottom line: This team gets the draft pick it deserves.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: Total stupidity&#33;

You never hope to lose even if it&#39;s for a high pick...show some friggin pride.

Yes that win made us 6-10 and not 5-11 but there is NO WAY you can hope that your team loses...thats just stupid. Look at the draft also, it does not mean the high pick will always work out&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Should have let Vinny start ONE more game.

Damn.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by jetsfreak@Jan 29 2004, 04:21 PM

You never hope to lose even if it&#39;s for a high pick...show some friggin pride.

I&#39;m rooting for the Panthers on Sunday.

I want the 31st pick and not the 32nd.

All League
    never say if we would of re signed john hall. john hall was a terrible kicker and a terrible choke artist . i only liked the guy after the midnight miracle kick in ot and the raiders game in 2001. other than that he blew it , he was terrible and i like brien 100 times better

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: PatsfanTx can u believe that????? amazes me that anyone would want the team to friggin lose....unreal.