Thread: Why I continue to be a Jets fan

Practice Squad
    It is often confusing to me how someone can be an avid fan of a team, then quits on that team and becomes a fan of another team; especially a rival team.

You see, being a fan of a team can many times be a mirror reflection of life itself. Not everything in life always goes your way; some people are born severely handicapped; but, do we throw in the towel on that human being.

Like being a Jets fan, life is a constant struggle. But, if the Jets do win it all one day, and I am still alive, then the unbelievable elation that I will feel will make all this losing worth it in the end.

Like a poor, lowly man, working 2 jobs to raise his family, trying to make something of his life; then he wins the lottery, or his kid becomes a doctor. Or maybe this poor guy never wins the lottery, and his kids are born handicapped; but the guy continues to try to make something of his life.

Do you see what I am trying to say?

I am a Jets fan for life; whether they never win again; you don't give up on something that means something to your heart; you just don't.

The Jets mirror life; right now, the Jets are that poor guy with a handicapped kid; but, maybe, just maybe, that poor guy will win the lottery, and then, ooooh boy, will we enjoy that; wont we!!!

Veteran
    Great post.....I especially liked the comparison of Jets fans to severely handicapped people. That was an excellent analogy. I always knew there was something "SPECIAL" about Jets fans.......

16-2 record

15-2-1 record against the spread

14 straight wins

2 Super Bowls in 3 years

9-0 vs teams with 10 wins or more

5-0 vs teams with 14 wins (includes postseason)

....The New England Patriots....What more could you ask for???

TomShane
    The reason I root for the Jets is because it reminds me to keep up on my schizophrenia medication.

Veteran
    Originally posted by Evsbabes@Jan 31 2004, 09:48 PM
    It is often confusing to me how someone can be an avid fan of a team, then quits on that team and becomes a fan of another team; especially a rival team.

You see, being a fan of a team can many times be a mirror reflection of life itself. Not everything in life always goes your way; some people are born severely handicapped; but, do we throw in the towel on that human being.

Like being a Jets fan, life is a constant struggle. But, if the Jets do win it all one day, and I am still alive, then the unbelievable elation that I will feel will make all this losing worth it in the end.

Like a poor, lowly man, working 2 jobs to raise his family, trying to make something of his life; then he wins the lottery, or his kid becomes a doctor. Or maybe this poor guy never wins the lottery, and his kids are born handicapped; but the guy continues to try to make something of his life.

Do you see what I am trying to say?

I am a Jets fan for life; whether they never win again; you don't give up on something that means something to your heart; you just don't.

The Jets mirror life; right now, the Jets are that poor guy with a handicapped kid; but, maybe, just maybe, that poor guy will win the lottery, and then, ooooh boy, will we enjoy that; wont we!!!
    You're either a fan or you're not.....

Practice Squad
    yes, you are either a fan or you are not...

you are either in love or you are not...

You are either a man or you are a woman; you can't be both...

You are either faithful to your wife or husband, or you are not;
    You can't be both...

And yes, yes, ...You are either a Jets fan, or you are not.