Thread: NE coaches start to

All League
    Hufnagle goes to NYG as OC

and Mangini will be interviewed for Oak DC, Pats have given permission

Veteran
    Originally posted by afosomf@Feb 6 2004, 03:10 PM

Globe says chances are Mangini won't go to Oakland becuase it's such a disastrous situation out there....will hold out for a better job down the line (he's only 33, right?)

All League
    I WOULDNT GO TO OAKLAND,,,,,,,,HE'LL KILL ANY REP. HE HAS IF HE DOES THAT

All League
    Originally posted by afosomf@Feb 6 2004, 01:10 PM

Mangini won't go: He knows RAC is all but assured to be gone next year, and the plum DC role with the Pats will be his.... and if not, he can sign a 1 year extension with the Pats and have better opportunities next year.

Hufnagel.... eh..... Pats QB coach is a revolving door position. Belichick and Weis have the most to do with coaching Brady, so no big deal.

All League
    RS- you can't assume that, Maybe Romeo's interviews were bad!

If Mangini gets a decent contract one that pays him 2-3X of what he is
    making.... he should do it.

If he straightens out OAk def, he will get credit, if he works for BB, then
    BB will get credit for D and not him.

This may be another reason Romeo was not hired, perception becomes reality,

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

There have been some rumblings that Weiss and Romeo are not happy with their pay. I don't know if that's true or not. I think Romeo may have gotten a raise and extension but D-Coordinators are getting alot of money now and Romeo's deal is not on the same level as those guys.

There's no salary cap for coaches, So assistants are commanding more money now.

But if Kraft doles out money to extend Mangini, Then Romeo could get upset. It won't effect the team much but you don't like to have your guys unhappy.

Mangini and Hufnagel leaving does not hurt The Pats in the short term but maybe in the long term. maybe.

If Weiss and Romeo ever get head coaching jobs. With Mangini and Hufnagel gone, The Pats would have to go in a different direction for replacements. I'm sure that they could elevate some quality guys on their staff or find some decent coaches around the league but there will be a dropoff at the start when Romeo and Weiss leave.

TomShane
    Wouldn't it be cool if Woody said "F*ck it!!," fired Herman and hired Romeo Crennel immediately? You know, that would be cool.

Banned
    " RS- you can't assume that, Maybe Romeo's interviews were bad!"

It doesn't matter, nobody was going to wait for him anyway.

"There have been some rumblings that Weiss and Romeo are not happy with their pay. I don't know if that's true or not. "

Crennel, just signed a new three year extension since the end of the regular season, so you would imagine that he is happy now. Weiss' contract is up and he will be resigning, so he will no doubt get a raise as well.

All Pro
    Originally posted by TomShane@Feb 6 2004, 05:34 PM
    Wouldn't it be cool if Woody said "F*ck it!!," fired Herman and hired Romeo Crennel immediately? You know, that would be cool.
    That would make sense.

Mangini should take it for no other reason then once fired from Raider Nation he can get a decent job as Shannahan, Gruden and Callhan all landed on their feet with better jobs.

Seriously, taking a job in the Raider Nation could seriously be detrimental to Mangini's career if it goes really bad.

All League
    If Mangini is as good as you pats fans say he is.

then he will do a good job there

Cause you say it's not the players it's the system.

All Pro
    Working for AL Davis has to be the worst way to start your career as a coorddinator or HC.

But at least you will be noticed.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by YoungJetsFan@Feb 6 2004, 01:32 PM
    There have been some rumblings that Weiss and Romeo are not happy with their pay. I don't know if that's true or not. I think Romeo may have gotten a raise and extension but D-Coordinators are getting alot of money now and Romeo's deal is not on the same level as those guys.

YJF- It's a moot point. This will be RC and CW last year in New England. Why would Kraft ever want to re-write their contracts and give them hefty raises?

BTW- I heard a rumor that BB gave both RC and CW $500,000 bonus for winning the Super Bowl. I wonder where BB came up with that $1 mil? :blink:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Feb 6 2004, 12:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Feb 6 2004, 12:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--YoungJetsFan@Feb 6 2004, 01:32 PM
    There have been some rumblings that Weiss and Romeo are not happy with their pay. I don&#39;t know if that&#39;s true or not. I think Romeo may have gotten a raise and extension but D-Coordinators are getting alot of money now and Romeo&#39;s deal is not on the same level as those guys.

YJF- It&#39;s a moot point. This will be RC and CW last year in New England. Why would Kraft ever want to re-write their contracts and give them hefty raises?

BTW- I heard a rumor that BB gave both RC and CW &#036;500,000 bonus for winning the Super Bowl. I wonder where BB came up with that &#036;1 mil? :blink:[/b][/quote]
    He invested it Tex and is just sharing some interest&#33;&#33; :lol:

Veteran
    Stealing an offensive coach from NE is like walking into a bank and stealing the pens.

...not a significant part of the whole.

Veteran
    Originally posted by afosomf@Feb 6 2004, 03:45 PM
    If Mangini is as good as you pats fans say he is.

then he will do a good job there

Cause you say it&#39;s not the players it&#39;s the system.
    I&#39;ve never said that....where is Hero-train when you need him to talk about how the truth usually lies somewhere in between?

Veteran
    Originally posted by TomShane@Feb 6 2004, 01:34 PM
    Wouldn&#39;t it be cool if Woody said "F*ck it&#33;&#33;," fired Herman and hired Romeo Crennel immediately? You know, that would be cool.
    What would be even cooler is if Romeo ,in his first year,took the JETS
    to the play offs.We could then credit Herm because of course Romeo would have done it with Herms guys.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Starring gmogmo on the left and New England Hick on the right.

And a very special guest appearance by Sooth as the passerby.

http://www.extremeskins.com/modules.php?op...haha&file=index

TomShane
    Originally posted by D-BYRD+Feb 6 2004, 02:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (D-BYRD @ Feb 6 2004, 02:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--TomShane@Feb 6 2004, 01:34 PM
    Wouldn&#39;t it be cool if Woody said "F*ck it&#33;&#33;," fired Herman and hired Romeo Crennel immediately? You know, that would be cool.
    to the play offs.We could then credit Herm because of course Romeo would have done it with Herms guys. [/b][/quote]
    We have already cut "Herm&#39;s guys." lol

Maxman
    Originally posted by PFSIKH+Feb 6 2004, 01:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PFSIKH @ Feb 6 2004, 01:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--TomShane@Feb 6 2004, 05:34 PM
    That would make sense.

Mangini should take it for no other reason then once fired from Raider Nation he can get a decent job as Shannahan, Gruden and Callhan all landed on their feet with better jobs.

Seriously, taking a job in the Raider Nation could seriously be detrimental to Mangini&#39;s career if it goes really bad. [/b][/quote]
    Strike that. Should read when it goes really bad.

Veteran
    Originally posted by TomShane+Feb 6 2004, 02:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TomShane @ Feb 6 2004, 02:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -D-BYRD@Feb 6 2004, 02:07 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--TomShane
    @Feb 6 2004, 01:34 PM

to the play offs.We could then credit Herm because of course Romeo would have done it with Herms guys.
    We have already cut "Herm&#39;s guys." lol [/b][/quote]
    :lol: ..True..we&#39;d end up with Otis -my-man-Smith back at corner and
    Bobby-big dog-Hamilton at end. Roman -I&#39;m 135 years old-Phifer at LB.