Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: SNOW DAY!!!

All League
    Weekend has started early for me. Ya dancer! It's going to get pretty nasty out here today so my company has closed for the day.

Brenjetsfan
    Originally posted by ScottishJet@Feb 6 2004, 09:39 AM
    Weekend has started early for me. Ya dancer! It's going to get pretty nasty out here today so my company has closed for the day.
    NO snow here :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'> ...just RAIN :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

Veteran
    Originally posted by ScottishJet@Feb 6 2004, 09:39 AM
    Sweet...Snowing like crazy were I am but the day the company I work
    for gives us a snow day is the same day Hell freezes over.And then they'd probable let us go only 10 minutes early. :lol:

All League
    Charter JI Member

Plenty of snow and ice here, but we're not weakling Bostonians. We go to work, anyway.

Brenjetsfan
    Originally posted by D-BYRD+Feb 6 2004, 09:45 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (D-BYRD @ Feb 6 2004, 09:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ScottishJet@Feb 6 2004, 09:39 AM
    Weekend has started early for me. Ya dancer&#33; It&#39;s going to get pretty nasty out here today so my company has closed for the day.
    for gives us a snow day is the same day Hell freezes over.And then they&#39;d probable let us go only 10 minutes early. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    what state are U in??? D

All League
    Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™@Feb 6 2004, 09:48 AM
    Plenty of snow and ice here, but we&#39;re not weakling Bostonians. We go to work, anyway.
    Oh don&#39;t get me wrong, the majority of people are still working. It&#39;s just one of the very few bonuses of workign for a non-profit human service agency in that when it snows we can&#39;t trasport clients, so we close&#33; And I get paid for it&#33;

Veteran
    Originally posted by Brenjetsfan+Feb 6 2004, 09:50 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Brenjetsfan @ Feb 6 2004, 09:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -D-BYRD@Feb 6 2004, 09:45 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--ScottishJet
    @Feb 6 2004, 09:39 AM
    Weekend has started early for me. Ya dancer&#33; It&#39;s going to get pretty nasty out here today so my company has closed for the day.

for gives us a snow day is the same day Hell freezes over.And then they&#39;d probable let us go only 10 minutes early. :lol:
    what state are U in??? D [/b][/quote]
    NEW YORK...Upstate as in Saratoga Springs,Lake George,Albany area.

Veteran
    Originally posted by D-BYRD+Feb 6 2004, 10:10 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (D-BYRD @ Feb 6 2004, 10:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Brenjetsfan@Feb 6 2004, 09:50 AM

for gives us a snow day is the same day Hell freezes over.And then they&#39;d probable let us go only 10 minutes early. :lol:

what state are U in??? D
    NEW YORK...Upstate as in Saratoga Springs,Lake George,Albany area. [/b][/quote]
    One of the nicest places on the planet.

All Pro
    I can remember growing up in Marquette, Michigan ( The upper Peninsula along Lake Superior) and going to school Monday and Friday, with 3 snow days wedged in between. That was before the state said u had to make the days up. It was the greatest feeling, waking up and seeing 12 inches of snow and knowing you had all day to play in it. MEanwhile parents everywhere we&#39;re probably ready to snap, knowing that a)they had to make some new work or babysitting plans quick B) they had to put up with their kids all day.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria@Feb 6 2004, 10:25 AM
    I can remember growing up in Marquette, Michigan ( The upper Peninsula along Lake Superior)
    Gun- How did you ever become a Jets fan growing up in Michigan?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Feb 6 2004, 10:30 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Feb 6 2004, 10:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--The Gun Of Bavaria@Feb 6 2004, 10:25 AM
    I can remember growing up in Marquette, Michigan ( The upper Peninsula along Lake Superior)
    Gun- How did you ever become a Jets fan growing up in Michigan? [/b][/quote]
    He&#39;s smart.........

All Pro
    Originally posted by D-BYRD+Feb 6 2004, 10:10 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (D-BYRD @ Feb 6 2004, 10:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

what state are U in??? D
    NEW YORK...Upstate as in Saratoga Springs,Lake George,Albany area. [/b][/quote]
    Me too

All Pro
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Feb 6 2004, 10:30 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Feb 6 2004, 10:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--The Gun Of Bavaria@Feb 6 2004, 10:25 AM
    Gun- How did you ever become a Jets fan growing up in Michigan? [/b][/quote]
    My dad is a life long Jets fan, born on Long Island, and rasied in Caldwell, NJ. He ended up in the U.P. of Michigan from his Air Force days. When I was growing up, I&#39;d always watch football with my dad like all sons do, and the love for the Jets wore off. The UP is Packers country too, but I loved watching football with my dad so much, that his love of the Jets rubbed off on me and now I have a tattoo on my arm. :lol: What the hell is wrong with me?

Veteran
    Originally posted by el_dub80+Feb 6 2004, 10:34 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (el_dub80 @ Feb 6 2004, 10:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -D-BYRD@Feb 6 2004, 10:10 AM

what state are U in??? D

Me too [/b][/quote]
    Really,sometimes it feels like I&#39;m the lone JET fan in these parts.

All League
    Charter JI Member

I had a friend in Saratoga Springs who was a Jets fan, but her family moved to Jacksonville, FL last year.

She&#39;s still a Jets fan, but her Giants fan husband has switched to the Jags.

Veteran
    Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™@Feb 6 2004, 12:00 PM
    I had a friend in Saratoga Springs who was a Jets fan, but her family moved to Jacksonville, FL last year.

She&#39;s still a Jets fan, but her Giants fan husband has switched to the Jags.
    Its a pretty mixed crowd up here.The Giants have training camp at
    the U. ALBANY so you have the GIANT fan base.We are close to
    NE so we have a PATS fan base.And last but not least we have our share of BILLS fans.
    Back before SAT. Dishes were common the local TV station would do a
    phone poll the week leading up to the games.It was 25 cents a call
    and you voted as to what game you wanted to see.The JETS,BILLS,or PATS.
    The Giants were always on because they were on another station and in a Diff.Conf..
    It sucked.I&#39;d very seldom get to see my JETS because at that time the BILLS were in the mist of their glory days.
    Thank GOD now for DirectTV.

All Pro
    Originally posted by D-BYRD+Feb 6 2004, 12:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (D-BYRD @ Feb 6 2004, 12:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Bob the Jets Fan™@Feb 6 2004, 12:00 PM

Its a pretty mixed crowd up here.The Giants have training camp at
    the U. ALBANY so you have the GIANT fan base.We are close to
    NE so we have a PATS fan base.And last but not least we have our share of BILLS fans.
    Back before SAT. Dishes were common the local TV station would do a
    phone poll the week leading up to the games.It was 25 cents a call
    and you voted as to what game you wanted to see.The JETS,BILLS,or PATS.
    The Giants were always on because they were on another station and in a Diff.Conf..
    It sucked.I&#39;d very seldom get to see my JETS because at that time the BILLS were in the mist of their glory days.
    Thank GOD now for DirectTV. [/b][/quote]
    Their Sunday Football ticket is a Godsend

Also, there&#39;s 3 or 4 of us &#39;TRUE&#39; Jets fans up here that I know of, the rest are &#39;Posers&#39; :lol:

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™@Feb 6 2004, 04:00 PM

I just can&#39;t understand how people switch teams like flipping a light switch on and off. Shameful

Rookie
    Originally posted by D-BYRD+Feb 6 2004, 11:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (D-BYRD @ Feb 6 2004, 11:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -el_dub80@Feb 6 2004, 10:34 AM

what state are U in??? D

Me too
    Really,sometimes it feels like I&#39;m the lone JET fan in these parts. [/b][/quote]
    You are not alone D. There are Jet Fans up here. Not many, but a few. I am in Queensbury and work in Saratoga. Do you get to the track much? Been to the new Racino yet?

Rookie
    Originally posted by LakeGeorgeJet+Feb 6 2004, 04:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LakeGeorgeJet @ Feb 6 2004, 04:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -D-BYRD@Feb 6 2004, 11:42 AM
    Originally posted by -el_dub80@Feb 6 2004, 10:34 AM

what state are U in??? D

Me too

Really,sometimes it feels like I&#39;m the lone JET fan in these parts.
    You are not alone D. There are Jet Fans up here. Not many, but a few. I am in Queensbury and work in Saratoga. Do you get to the track much? Been to the new Racino yet? [/b][/quote]
    ha, you say upstate, i call you guys mid-state&#33; Try going north another 2 hours to Plattsburgh, thats where I am from, almost freaken Canada&#33;