Veteran
    OBVIOUSLY IT IS THE U.S. VS THE U.S.S.R. Voting is at espn.com --

NYJ VS COLTS

BUSTER DOUGLAS VS TYSON

USA VS USSR

N.C. STATE VS HOUSTON

SUPPORT OUR JETS!

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

Jets vs Colts because of the significance of the two leagues at the time.

USA over USSR....I am not a hockey fan but I was in Junior high school in Queens and EVERYONE was captivated by the victory!!!!!

All Pro
    USA vs USSR by far. Amateurs ve Pros.

Plus, the Jets over the Colts was not that great of an upset. The AFL was underrated and conversely the NFL overrarted by the media. Once, the merger was started in 1966, the AFL and NFL had begun meeting in the preseason and the AFL was winning on a regular basis. The Jets victory just removed all doubt.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Originally posted by PFSIKH@Feb 7 2004, 08:16 AM
    Plus, the Jets over the Colts was not that great of an upset.
    Sure Kansas...Winning after being a 17 point dog...

Also being the first AFL team to ever beat an NFL team...

That's not mich of an upset.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Feb 7 2004, 09:16 AM

Nope, this game changed the history of the NFL.

Gotta side with the Jets on this one.

Its a no contest. The Russian team was so good 2 years prior to Miracle on Ice they beat the NHL ALL STARS in a 3 game series. That NHL team had all Hall Of Famers on the squad, Bossy, Potvin, Clark, and a whole host of others. The Russians beat them 2 of 3 and slapped them around in the 2 games they won. The Russians were merely unbeatable. They possessed some of the best offensive players in the history of hockey and a bunch of college kids beat them. YOu'll never see anything like it again.

Its the eqivalent of a college all star baseball team beating the Yankees. Maybe even greater.

All League
    I don't believe Jets-Colts is the biggest upset of all time I just think the jets were vastly underrated b/c they played in the AFL then and the AFL had been beaten easily by GB in the first 2 SBs. I would have to go w/ the US Hockey team, they were college kids(amny of whom did not make NHL teams) playing against a veteran group of guys who could have been NHL all-stars.

Outside of the Olympic team:

MLB- LA beating Oak in 1988
    NFL- NE beating SL in 2001
    CFB- OSU beating Miami in '02
    CBB- BC beating UNC in 1994
    NHL- I'm not sure

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Feb 7 2004, 10:10 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Feb 7 2004, 10:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--PFSIKH@Feb 7 2004, 09:16 AM

Nope, this game changed the history of the NFL.

Gotta side with the Jets on this one. [/b][/quote]
    See TX........you make it so hard to dislike you sometimes.....

All League
    Have to go with USA against Russians over my Jets over Colts

The team was mostly a collection of college players ( true amateurs) going against a government supported professional team in the Russians.
    The Jets win changed the future of football -it gave AFL legimiticy and shut up all those that thought the AFL was inferior.

Rookie
    The USA over USSR was the greatest upset in sports history. It was also the greatest moment in US history. However let me be a tool and overlook all that:

JETS VS. COLTS&#33;&#33;&#33;

Banned
    Jets vs. Colts.

I really don&#39;t give a rat&#39;s ass about hockey.

All League
    USA miracle on ice was terrific - I was 11 at the time and
    I remember jumping around in my basement when Eruzione scored that goal - incredible. If you ever get the chance you should take a trip up to Lake Placid - great littlle town - how they ever held the Winter Olympics there is beyond me. The arena where that game was held might be able to fit 5,000 people with a shoehorn.

My other favorite upset that isn&#39;t listed here is the Princeton upset of UCLA in the NCAA basketball tournament. (&#39;98 ?) Pete Carrill. The short, slow, mostly white non-scholarship Tigers pulling off the back door cut in the closing seconds to knock off the defending champs. AMAZING.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: I already said the USA vs USSR and the Jets over the Colts but if I had to choose the one greatest upset in history I would have to say the Hockey game......I was like 13 and I am not even into hockey but I got caught up in the Hoopla.

Banned
    NO CONTEST

USA over the USSR was like Wake Forest over the Steel Curtain in the Superbowl

It was Inconceivable and Impossible

It defied all logic ... it couldn&#39;t happen ... but it did

The Jets and the AFL may have been preceived as inferior ... may have even been inferior ... but there is no doubt they were professionals and champions of the AFL

GIGANTIC UPSET ... but it was an upset of PROS over PROS

Ditto Douglas over Tyson ... PRO over a PRO ... Douglas was a legit TOP 10 professional heavyweight

The Soviet Union was not only a professional team ... they were the best professional team on the planet ... that team was a MACHINE

As someone already stated, they smoked the NHL All-Stars ... nuff said

Team USA was a legit collection of wet-behind-the-ears amatuers

This was absolutely tantamount to Wake Forest beating the Steelers of the 70&#39;s in the SB

Never been a bigger upset in sports ... this one stands all by it&#39;s lonesome

JMO

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by PFSIKH@Feb 7 2004, 09:16 AM
    USA vs USSR by far. Amateurs ve Pros.

Plus, the Jets over the Colts was not that great of an upset. The AFL was underrated and conversely the NFL overrarted by the media. Once, the merger was started in 1966, the AFL and NFL had begun meeting in the preseason and the AFL was winning on a regular basis. The Jets victory just removed all doubt.
    that has to be the dumbest I&#39;ve heard since Brady allready belonging in the H of F....17 point dogs, nimrod....meanwhile the Patsies* beating the Rams while being 14 point dogs was the greatest upset ever according to some of your buddies.......pleaseeeeeeeeee