Thread: Interesting Free Agent site!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Waterboy
    Brandon Short can be a hell of a player. Everyone here saw what he singlehandedly did to the Jets. The knock on him is he tends to disapear from time to time on the field. I'd take him in a heartbeat though and he might come cheap.

I would like to know where his information is coming from, if it is legit or is it just some guy who is speculating, based on what teams need and who is a FA.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I wouln't mind having Brandon Short on my team. I sure didn't like when he played against us.

Waterboy
    Well, they have S Smith going to the Lions which will NEVER happen. Panthers will lock him up long term as they have the cap room to do. Also, it says WAS will franchise Bailey yet WAS announced they are allowing Bailey to field trade offers.

Fact is though, there are a ton of FA CB's out there. I don't think it is necessary to jump at a guy like Bailey for a ton of money/draft picks when there are other very good CB's out there. For example, Bobby Taylor, Ahmed Plummer, Troy Vincent, S Spirngs are all going to be available. And they will be decidedly cheaper than the big name stars like Bailey/Winfield/Woodson/McCallister. This may be a position that we can get away with saving some money to spend at LB or WR.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Brandon Short is a hell of a player.

That would be a great pick-up if the Jets can pull it off.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by tooljet@Feb 14 2004, 03:57 PM
    I wouln't mind having Brandon Short on my team. I sure didn't like when he played against us.
    I'm sure Chad would feel better in Pre-Season as well!! Brandon
    Short-ened Pennys 2003 Season!!

Brandon's stats http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187645

Bitter
    What I found funny was they didn't even have Damian Woody in the top 50 free agents. They immediately lose all credibility there. And the Patriots don't land any of those free agents? I have to call bs there. They will lure in a top free agent this offseason much like Rodney Harrison who is getting up there in age but is still very good.