Thread: For those with the NFl Channel

All Pro

All Pro
    Our new D-line coach, (Giants ex) Marcin is an animal, some good soundbites from him on the sidelines.

All Pro
    Thanks, I'm going to watch the rest of it now (9:37 PM ).

All Pro
    uuuuugh, i forgot this was the Doug Brien mental meltdown :blink: That was tough to watch again.

What a game for S. Moss.
    God, our defense was horrid.

All League
    Watching that brought back everything-THE good, the bad and the ugly-about this team.

The good being Pennington.

The bad being defense that never gets a big stop or gets off the field in a big spot.

The ugly being a coaching staff that vaporlocks in big moments.

TWo things really jumped out-

One I never noticed before-when Pennington came off the field after the TD making it 28-28, Edwards was jumping
    around like a sugared-up schoolgirl rather than acting like an NFL coach. Just embarrassing. Pennington seemed to walk right past him like he was a lunatic. All that "football is an emotional game/master motivator" stuff is only good to a point, and at that point the Jets needed a leader, not a cheerleader. It showed in the Giants' failed FG OT possession.

And one they didn't show but hinted at and I won't ever forget- the lack of a quick decision by Edwards on the Brien FG attempt. PATHETIC.

A good job of production by NFL films. It made me all pissed off all over again.

All Pro
    Another thing that was quite evident is how important W.Chrebet is to this team, clutch catches in the first half and they weren't able to double Moss when Wayne was on the field. I hope Wayne makes it back.

I think you're being a bit harsh on Herm, Fassell showed just as much emotion. So the guys excitable, that's the least of my worries with herm.

All League
    What struck me was in comparison how business-like Fassel was. He didn't last 7 years in a tough job like the Giants for nothing. Teams takes cues from their coaches, and too often in Edwards' case, every score was grounds to jump up and down rather than time to foucs on and get ready for what was next. And that was evident in the footage they showed. It might seem like a minor quibble, but I don't think so.

All Pro
    This channel is the greatest invention since the urinal.

It just may get me through the long off-season.

All Pro
    He didn't last 7 years in a tough job like the Giants for nothing.

Bugg,
    He obviously lasted one too many, his team absolutely layed down like a lap dog on him this year. Say what you want about Herm, his team has never quit on him.

All League
    There's no doubt that Fassel was there too long. Any coach in any sport will at some point have his coach tune him out.

As to Edwards, while the Jets may never have "quit", however you define it, during his tenure, there have been too many games where they didn't show up or he has allowed a total a-hole of a OC to eff things up. 6 in one, half a dozen in another. And 6-10 isn't exactly much to write home about.

Again, seeing this game reminded me of everything that's good and bad. And as to Edwards falling under the good, I don't see it.

Veteran
    I still don't have the NFL Network, and I'm tired of watching NFL films at 2 am on espn classic and not being able to wake up for school the next morning. Im a subscriber to IO digital cable, and I have no idea when or if I will get the NFL network. if anyone has any information concerning IO getting the NFL network any time soon, please post it. I know direct TV cut adeal with the network, but Im not sure its an exclusive contract. please help. im going through withdrawal already.. aaaagg....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by Sea Captain McCallister@Feb 17 2004, 09:19 AM
    I know direct TV cut adeal with the network, but Im not sure its an exclusive contract. please help. im going through withdrawal already.. aaaagg....

According to this article, Direct TV does not have an exclusive contract.

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/stories...05/daily62.html

Veteran
    Originally posted by Bugg@Feb 16 2004, 11:54 PM
    There's no doubt that Fassel was there too long. Any coach in any sport will at some point have his coach tune him out.

As to Edwards, while the Jets may never have "quit", however you define it, during his tenure, there have been too many games where they didn't show up or he has allowed a total a-hole of a OC to eff things up. 6 in one, half a dozen in another. And 6-10 isn't exactly much to write home about.

Again, seeing this game reminded me of everything that's good and bad. And as to Edwards falling under the good, I don't see it.
    BUGG, : blink: your talking Jim Fassel right?I'm thinking of the San Fran game(2002),
    the Viking game(of a few years ago),the Dallas game,the Eagle game,
    all games that the Giants had in the bag but due to lack of concentration lost.

All League
    Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria@Feb 16 2004, 11:37 PM
    This channel is the greatest invention since the urinal.

It just may get me through the long off-season.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All League
    Fassel took his team to a Super Bowl as top NFC seed with a home NFC championship game in which he blew the opponent out. When Edwards gets close to that, please advise. Also, when Edwards is smart enough to let a good DC run his defense like Fassel did with John Fox, let me know. Yes, he stayed too long and his players stopped listening. But if you're matching up records, I would have to say that Fassel's is better. And head to head, who won that 11/1/03 game(which my brother-in-law never ceases to remind me)? It was the last game the Jints won all year. Way to go, Herm-that and your 6-10 mark are certainly things to crow about.Some of you Hermaphrodites really must think we've won something under the Clueless Leader. Oh, I'm sorry, our on the 3rd tiebreaker 9-7 AFC title, on the arm of a QB Edwards had no use for, is grounds for Canton enshrinement, right?

Again, this game brought back everything that's messed up with the Jets, primarily lousy coaching and ghastly defense.