Thread: OT: stogies

Rookie
    Since the beer thread has been so popular, I thought I would see what the cigar smokers out there enjoy (go ahead, dust off the old Monica jokes). The anti smoking laws have put a damper lighting up, but when I do I enjoy the Montecristo No. 2 torpedos and the Onyx reserves. I have had a couple of cuban montecristos and Romeo&Julietas that were great as well. Any cigar smokers out there?

Veteran
    Jamaican Buds

Banned
    I smoke full-flavored Dorals. I only smoke cigars whenever all the tobacco has been removed and replaced with a foreign substance.

Rookie
    philly blunts

Banned
    Cuban Kohiba....nothing finer

LL

Undrafted Free Agent
    Fuente OPUS X I prefer this to any Cuban I've ever had. Nice bold taste and no bite. For a lighter smoke, I like the Don Tomas Special or several other type of Fuentes.

Hall Of Fame
    arturo fuentes all the way.

Rookie
    Originally posted by Plunkett#79@Feb 17 2004, 09:18 PM
    Fuente OPUS X I prefer this to any Cuban I've ever had. Nice bold taste and no bite. For a lighter smoke, I like the Don Tomas Special or several other type of Fuentes.
    I have heard these are great cigars. Aren't they almost impossible to get?

Waterboy
    Originally posted by soppel@Feb 17 2004, 06:19 PM
    philly blunts
    yup

All Pro
    Originally posted by soppel@Feb 17 2004, 06:19 PM
    philly blunts
    Everyone knows Vanilla Dutchmasters are the best.

All League
    vanilla dutchies...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by latinlawyer@Feb 17 2004, 06:23 PM
    Cuban Kohiba....nothing finer

LL
    LL

Only a Mets fans would call the best cigar on the planet a Kohiba...when it is a Cohiba Jamacian Presidente Double Corona!!

I like a good Arturo Fuente Churchill

Romeo and Julietta Robusto

and some hand rolled Mexicans that you can get in any of their tourist destinations!!

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Nothing like a dark La Gloria Cubana in the right condition. It bugs me to no end when you find a shop with a big humidor and all the stogies are stale. One such place is Village Cigars. The best, if I remember the name correclty, is the Cigar Barn in Coney Island(or the next town east) around ave U. Moist as can be. A. Fuente, Ashton and Onyx are great, too.

Going to New Orleans in a few weeks for the La Derby. There's this shop on Decatur Street where they twist up the cuban seed right there. Dos Jefe's Cigar Bar is also on the agenda.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Originally posted by LakeGeorgeJet+Feb 17 2004, 10:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LakeGeorgeJet @ Feb 17 2004, 10:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Plunkett#79@Feb 17 2004, 09:18 PM
    Fuente OPUS X I prefer this to any Cuban I&#39;ve ever had. Nice bold taste and no bite. For a lighter smoke, I like the Don Tomas Special or several other type of Fuentes.
    I have heard these are great cigars. Aren&#39;t they almost impossible to get? [/b][/quote]
    Yes, they&#39;re pretty rare and thery go very fast. When they are available, some stores only let you get 2 at a time. My store here in Florida always puts about 7-10 away for me when she gets them. They come in about 3-4 times a year. Well worth the wait&#33;&#33;&#33;