Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dolphine to acquire AJ Feeley

Banned
    Dolphins to acquire Philadelphia QB Feeley

By ALEX MARVEZ
    Sun-Sentinel
    Posted February 21 2004, 4:06 PM EST

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Dolphins' search for a new quarterback has ended early in the offseason, as the team is on the verge of finalizing a trade for Philadelphia quarterback A.J. Feeley.

Two NFL sources confirmed Saturday that the Dolphins are set to send an undisclosed draft pick in 2005 for Feeley, a third-year player who showed promise in 2002 while posting a 4-1 record as a starter in place of the injured Donovan McNabb.

Dolphins General Manager Rick Spielman did not return a telephone message seeking comment.

Under NFL rules, the trade cannot become official until March 2. But the Dolphins are in the process of negotiating a new contract with Feeley, meeting Saturday morning with agent David Dunn at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.

A 2001 fifth-round draft choice from Oregon, Feeley served as Philadelphia's third-string quarterback last season behind McNabb and Koy Detmer. But Feeley showed enough promise during the 2002 season that the Dolphins decided to pursue finalizing a trade rather than waiting for other potential options like Washington's Patrick Ramsey or Drew Henson of the Houston Texans.

The acquisition of Feeley could spell the end of starter Jay Fiedler's four-year tenure with the Dolphins. Fiedler's agent Brian Levy declined to comment on the situation.

Banned
    Dolphine?.....oh ok. For A minute I thought he was going to the dolphins.

.......j/k....he is not a threat as far as i'm concerned.

Veteran
    I think the writer must be a little confused. There's no way they're bringing in Feeley to be their starter. They may bring him in to be their backup but they still need to find a new starter.

Veteran
    uh oh....this is the KEY to ending the Dolphin December curse

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I thought the S.O.B (Son of Bob) was the answer last year.

Now Feeley.

And with Marino having bolted, still not a real QB in sight in Miami.

Love it.

Veteran
    What a joke I thought Henson was going there

All League
    Good!

Dolphins are stupid, let them remain that way.
    Instead of getting a starter to replace Fiedler they get another backup, like Griese Part II.

At least now they wont be getting a good QB like Henson or Rivers in the draft.

Veteran
    I'm hearing reports that the Dolphins are trading a 2005 second rounder for him and that he's not being brought in to be a backup but to be the starter.....

That's some funny sh!t.......

We've all been waiting a long time for the Dolphins and their bandwagon fans to suffer through losing seasons like the rest of us have at one time or another.......Maybe this is the beginning a long anticipated decline.

AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHOOOOOOOO!!!!& #33;!!!!!!!

Veteran
    A good QB like Henson? He has not even taken and NFL snap.
    Feeley didn't look horrible in place of McNabb last year.

All Pro
    Feeley I think can be better than What they have. But that is still questionable. I heard it was for this year's 3rd rd choice.

The fins window of opportunity is about two more years, as they are redoing Madison's and Thomas contract pushing out cap hits till the following seasons. They want to hold on to Wade and Bowens so that will have to pudh out hits there also. I guess they did not want to wait for a rookie to develop over the next two years. Once Gibbs said that he was not going to trade Ramsey and they were going to have to give up next years first for henson, they most have tried to make the best of it.

All Pro
    Originally posted by PYPER@Feb 21 2004, 07:24 PM
    I'm hearing reports that the Dolphins are trading a 2005 second rounder for him and that he's not being brought in to be a backup but to be the starter.....

That's some funny sh!t.......

We've all been waiting a long time for the Dolphins and their bandwagon fans to suffer through losing seasons like the rest of us have at one time or another.......Maybe this is the beginning a long anticipated decline.

AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHOOOOOOOO!!!!& #33;!!!!!!!

Sooner or later the Dolphins will eventually experience that losing season that they haven't had in a number of years, but of course I would like it to be sooner than later.

I think A.J. Feeley will probably be part of that reason, especially if he assigned to the starting QB position.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Feeley is an ok player with some upside.

You never know, Miami could have a Jake Delhomme on their hands or A.J. Feeley could become another Rob Johnson.

Those are two QB's that did a good job in their brief stints and then got starting jobs elsewhere. Delhomme worked out, Rob Johnson didn't.

Feeley could turn out to be a good player. The problem with The Miami QB job is that every QB that comes in gets compared to Dan Marino and that's unfair and impossible to live up to.

Veteran
    Feely wasn't even the Eagles backup last year. He was THIRD STRING!!! He was beaten out by Ty Detmer and now the Fins are giving up a 2nd rounder for him.

I think that Coach Wanny and the rest of the Miami front office have given up on the draft. They realize they are completely over their heads when it comes to recognizing talent and now they don't want any part of it. That franchise is going down and I LOVE IT!!!!

All League
    First of all, in the interest of not gloating us into a jinx, it should be aknowledged that A.J. Feeley has been a decent backup in Philly and might do fine for the Dolphins. After all, no one thought Kurt Warner was any good, or Jake Delhomme, or any number of other rags-to-riches nfl stories. Remember, when Mo Lewis nearly decapitated Bledsoe, everyone thought we'd ended the Patsies season -- instead, we'd launched them into a mini-dynasty with Brady.

OK, that said, I just had my most enjoyable 10 minutes of sport radio this year driving home from work. I don't know who the host is who was on 790 the Zone in Atlanta (I think it was a fill in for the syndicated JT the Brick show, but I'm not sure)...all I know is, he was a Dolphin fan and was just ranting about this move...just tearing up the Fish FO...on and on and on...it was absolutely hilarious, and wonderful.

All League
    Originally posted by Jman21@Feb 21 2004, 08:09 PM
    A good QB like Henson? He has not even taken and NFL snap.
    Feeley didn't look horrible in place of McNabb last year.
    Henson has potential, Feely is the result of a mediocre QB playing on a great team (2 years ago).
    Plus, what did he do in that must win game with the Giants? Nothing, they backed into the #1 seed after losing there and being fortunate that the Jets beat the Packers.
    (At least I think so)

And yeah, judging him from a few games may be too hasty, but if he couldnt even be the #2 QB in the system, has to say something.

The problem with the fish is their offensive line. If they can fix that then they might be able to get away with Fiedler.

I live in south florida so I spend my weekends rooting for the Jets and rooting against the fish because their fans are *******s for the most part. In so doing, I see a lot of the fish games during the season.

Lucas and Griese had poor blindside protection and teams overloaded on that side of the field and coincidentally most of Lucas' and Greise's turnovers came from that side of the field. Not to mention the fish can't run block worth a s**t unless they are playing us. Furthermore, Fiedler seems to always have to get rid of the ball sooner than he wants to and that is probably one of the reasons why he is so inaccurate.

If they can fix their line then they can win with a scrub QB.

Finally, I think Feeley is a very good QB and he has got some good coaching over the years in Philly and could be a steal if surrounded by some talent. FYI Feeley was the starter at Oregon and looking to become a great QB there until he got hurt and lost his job to Harrington. He never recovered in time to regain his starting job in college so beware of this guy he might be a hell of a lot better than you think.

I hope the fish are stupid and try to draft a QB with their first pick instead of trying to get Feeley. I hope they are stuck with Fiedler and that mediocre o-line and that they continue to suck.

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    Agreed. Our O-line, particularly the left side was an absolute disaster. Fiedler did far better than Griese beacause of his athleticism. I'd rather strengthen our O-line and keep Fiedler. Draft a young guy. I believe in Fiedler. Call it blind faith. IN FIEDLER I TRUST!!!!! Come on Fiedler!!!!!!!!&#3 3;

Originally posted by DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2@Feb 22 2004, 09:59 AM
    Agreed. Our O-line, particularly the left side was an absolute disaster. Fiedler did far better than Griese beacause of his athleticism. I'd rather strengthen our O-line and keep Fiedler. Draft a young guy. I believe in Fiedler. Call it blind faith. IN FIEDLER I TRUST!!!!! Come on Fiedler!!!!!!!!&#3 3;
    With all due respect can't you guys afford your own board?

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    Originally posted by outsider+Feb 22 2004, 02:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (outsider @ Feb 22 2004, 02:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2@Feb 22 2004, 09:59 AM
    Agreed. Our O-line, particularly the left side was an absolute disaster. Fiedler did far better than Griese beacause of his athleticism. I&#39;d rather strengthen our O-line and keep Fiedler. Draft a young guy. I believe in Fiedler. Call it blind faith. IN FIEDLER I TRUST&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Come on Fiedler&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#3 3;
    With all due respect can&#39;t you guys afford your own board? [/b][/quote]
    Yep, but it&#39;s boring so I stay here. Come up with something more original. Do you think that&#39;s the first time I&#39;ve heard that?
    Kinda like it here so here I will stay

All Pro
    I agree with PhinWorshipper......the oppossing point of views make this place more appealing.