Thread: Chris Gamble

Practice Squad
    http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/sports/footba...wns/8018705.htm

I cringe when I see a mock draft with the Jets taking this guy at #12. This article confirms my fears...

Waterboy
    This guy has potential to be one of the top 10 CB's in the league. But not for at least 3-4 years and quite frankly the Jets cannot afford to draft a guy in thew 1st round who is still very raw at the position he plays. Gamble is exactly like P Buchanon in OAK. Buchanon has a ton of talent and could still become a star, but it has been 3 years and he has yet to do anything.

Banned
    If the Jets ever selected this dude at 12 ... Angry

Honestly, I don't even think this player deserves a 1st Rd Grade ... not in my eyes ... IMO this player is a TWO ... and I'm being generous

As for Casserly's comments ... Casserly cracks me up!! :lol:

Now THIS MAN knows how to play the game ... he's picking 11th so of course he wants to TALK UP Gamble ... he's hoping some poor sap selects this player in that area {by some miracle}, cause that means ONE MORE legit TOP 10 Guy falls to his Texans

Like I said, THIS MAN {Casserly} knows how the game is played

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Feb 23 2004, 11:22 AM

As for Casserly's comments ... Casserly cracks me up!! :lol:

Now THIS MAN knows how to play the game ... he's picking 11th so of course he wants to TALK UP Gamble ... he's hoping some poor sap selects this player in that area {by some miracle}, cause that means ONE MORE legit TOP 10 Guy falls to his Texans

Like I said, THIS MAN {Casserly} knows how the game is played
    One of the best things about living down here (and believe me, there are not too many&#33 is listening to Charlie Casserly's weekly radio show.

Every time I listen to him I gain more respect. When I read his comments about Gamble I laughed my ass off. He can play mind games with the best of them.

Casserly is now entering the 3rd year of his 5-year plan on building an NFL team. With some focus on defense (FA and the draft) the Texans should be able to compete for a playoff spot next year.

Watch this team 2005 and beyond. They have a great blueprint.

All League
    I'm gonna agree, again, with Green Jets & Ham.

When OSU went to a Bowl game last month, the media culled out the top 12 players (on the field best 12, not determined by a stopwatch) from each team to present before media. As you might of guessed, Gamble&#39;s season was so poor, he wasn&#39;t even considered among the top 12 players at OSU <_<

I can&#39;t forget Gamble&#39;s awful effort against Purdue. He had been playing so poorly, OSU was forced to put him on Purdue&#39;s #2 WR. That WR, Tyler Stubbefield, lit Gamble up like a Vegas billboard. The next few weeks, he tanked in more huge Big 10 games.

I think the NFL, as a product, stinks quite a bit recently. Like Madden always says, the tackling is worse than ever, and the games are way too sloppy. One of the main reason&#39;s, is because the league chooses players based on "workouts", not game performance. While this may make drafting easier, it doesn&#39;t help the product.

Oh yea, just say no to Chris Gamble at #12....If he makes it to round #2, which he should, maybe consider him there. Maybe.