Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RANDY MOSS to the Jets??!!??

i'd assume we are one of his options, and that he probably would like to play with Chad again

Inside Dish: Moss's time in Minnesota is about up

By Dan Pompei - SportingNews.com

The Vikings apparently have come to the conclusion they will be better off without WR Randy Moss and quietly have been trying to gauge his trade value. Moss would like a new start and has given the Vikings a list of a few teams he would be willing to play for. Vikings coach Mike Tice has made repeated attempts to appease Moss during Tice's two years in charge, but Moss is believed to be unhappy with team management and the offensive game plans. According to Larry-Fitzgerald.com, a web site run by the father of University of Pittsburgh receiver Larry Fitzgerald, Moss took offense to a comment Tice made in which he compared getting the best out of Moss with cracking a nut. Larry Fitzgerald Sr. is the sports editor of the Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder, an African American newspaper in the Twin Cities. . . .

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=insi...v=tsn&type=lgns

wickedtwisted
    wow I would love to see him here. He would be perfect for us. Him and his size plus both Moss's speed wow. We would be UNSTOPPABLE...

just thinking about it, i would love it, we would be UNSTOPPABLE

i'd give up 2 1sts for him...a talent like him is VERY RARE, you can just throw it up and he'll get it

I would go cream my pants if Moss became a Jet.

wickedtwisted
    Originally posted by NYJetsro71@Feb 29 2004, 11:14 PM
    LOL

Rookie
    My roommate from Southern Maryland (a Skin) found a similar rumor on the Redskins message boards. Wouldn't be a bad thing. Moss Pennington Moss....I like the sound of that.

Banned
    Okay, for those who believe you would need to pry draft picks from my cold dead hands , you are in for a big surprise

For THIS PLAYER ... I will Gladly package the #12 Pick to the Minn Vikings

That of course would be the starting point ... it will cost more than that ... but I'm willing to start with the 12th Overall Pick and work from there

If the Vikings can use a DE ... and I believe they can ... I would be willing to package the #12 Pick and their choice of John Abraham or Shaun Ellis

I believe that might get it done ... and it's a trade I would be willing to make

Why would I deal so much for Randy Moss but not for Terrell Owens?

AGE!!

Randy Moss, IMO, is the most dominant WR in the Game and he just turned 27 this month ... also DEAR FRIENDS with CP and the two of them once created one of the most explosive duos in college football history

Hard to believe these two are friends cause they couldn't be more different, but they are ... EXTREMELY CLOSE FRIENDS

Banned
    It sounds great to me, except for that one little nuissance, what's it called again? Um, ah yes...the SALARY CAP.

All League
    If we could have paid Champ we can pay Randy.

Originally posted by The Troll@Feb 29 2004, 11:19 PM
    It sounds great to me, except for that one little nuissance, what's it called again? Um, ah yes...the SALARY CAP.
    i know the Moss contract is HUGE but

a. the cuts
    b. the money saved from not having a 1st rd pick
    c. the salary cap rising

will help us pay for him

we should also package a future 1st rder and give him a backloaded contract...or even an incentive-laden one

yes, 2 1st rders should be enough for moss

JetsInsider.com Legend
    OK, for Randy Moss, eh?

Jets Give:

#1 (#12 Overall) in 2004
    John Abraham DE/LB (or Maybe Lamont Jordan RB, instead)
    Anthony Becht TE

Viking Give:

Randy Moss
    #3 (Whatever that is overall) in 2004

Is THIS realistic? We are shopping Abe, and Moss, as a proven stud who is rarely hurt, should be worth more than Abraham. The Vikes will VERY likely lose their TE in FA this season, and we have Baker who needs to step up and start this year anyway. If they would take our #1, Jordan and Becht instead, we win out completely, but that is less likely.

We don't get screwed because we get another pick in Round 3 (which should give us 3, our own, the Vikes and hopefuly our bonus pick for Randy Thomas's departure).

Chad Pennington QB
    Curtis Martin RB
    Jerald Sowell FB
    Randy Moss WR #1
    Santana Moss WR #2
    Wayne Chrebet WR #3

Now THAT is a skill offense I can live with.

And in the 2004 draft we take LB in Round 2 (Boulware hopefully) and CB, LB, Safety and/or O-Line in Round 3 (Having three threes is a great deal this year, lots of talent available in that round).

If only.......

Banned
    Oh, ok. Where do I sign up then?

All League
    i would give up this years first rounder this years second round and next years 1st round for that man if this years 2nd round isnt for him i would toss in ellis

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Feb 29 2004, 10:18 PM
    Okay, for those who believe you would need to pry draft picks from my cold dead hands , you are in for a big surprise

For THIS PLAYER ... I will Gladly package the #12 Pick to the Minn Vikings
    Whoa, I almost fell out of my chair.

Moss has the most athleticism of any WR to play the position - ever. The potential of Pennington to Moss/Moss is nothing short of staggering. But that nasty $11M cap hit the Vikes would endure is stopping my heart from racing over this one. Granted, if there was a team with a healthy enough cap situation to digest this bitter horse pill, the Vikes would be one of them. But it'd be absolutely shocking.

If the Jets can get Randy Moss, I am willing to give up any draft picks necessary. He is the best reciever in the league and to put him with Pennington and Santana the JEts will be incredible. Forget the 12th pick in the draft I want Moss

Rookie
    Originally posted by NYJetsro71@Feb 29 2004, 10:14 PM
    I have come close to this just thinking of it happening!

I do not thihnk there are many on this board that would disagree with this trade if it were to happen....

Banned
    Dear Terry Bradway,

Get on the horn with the Vikings ... TONIGHT!!

For once in our miserable lives let's be aggressive and not wait for the facts to emerge ... let's not assume anything ... like the Yankees calling Texas for Arod when Boone went down, ASSUME NOTHING and ASK

Get on the horn with the Vikings TONIGHT ... make your offer and let them see if they can do better

Offer the 12th Overall Pick in the 2004 draft AND the Vikings choice of John Abraham or Shaun Ellis ... TONIGHT!!

Dear Terry Bradway,

For once in our miserable lives let's be aggressive and not wait for the facts to emerge ... let's not assume anything ... like the Yankees calling Texas for Arod when Boone went down, ASSUME NOTHING and ASK

Get on the horn with the Vikings TONIGHT ... make your offer and let them see if they can do better

Offer the 12th Overall Pick in the 2004 draft AND the Vikings choice of John Abraham or Shaun Ellis ... TONIGHT!!
    Agreed. Anything it takes to get Randy Moss I am all for it.

All League
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Feb 29 2004, 11:29 PM
    Dear Terry Bradway,

I'm sure Cotrell would be happy to see Ellis or Abe again.

wickedtwisted
    Hell offer them anything they really want! LOL Seriously though anything within reason is worth it for this player. He's young, CRAZY good, and Penny and him have a history... Good enough. It would save Bradway's job and instantly put us in Superbowl Contention. What secondary would be able to stop us. They would need to have 2 DBs on both Mosses. Think about that. There is NO ONE that would stop us. No team has 2 corners good enough to take on a WR group like Moss and Moss.