Thread: Bills Release Ruben Brown

Banned
    Bills | Brown Released - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 1 Mar 2004 09:33:20 -0800

ESPNews reports the Buffalo Bills have released OG Ruben Brown.

Rookie
    yup just saw it on espn bottom line,u think ne chance we go after him,I could see the gmen going after him to help there oline

Rookie
    Very interesting! Here is the link to sportsline article:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7132779

TomShane
    Ruben has fallen off the past two years severely. I wouldn't mind signing him, but only to a low-rate deal.

Banned
    yeah he hasn't been real good as of late...i would also only sign him if the deal was for very little money...

Veteran
    He wouldn't be a bad option, but he is not the player he once was. Since he's in the division, the Jets should be able to gauge his value. 8 time pro bowlers don't come cheap. Hope he has something left in his tank.

Veteran
    F this lazy pile of s**t.....he quit on his teammates this year, he can blow me.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Ruben Brown is probably pound for pound the most talented guard in all of football.

Then what's the problem?

Well, Brown's the problem. He's a headcase and doesn't play hard all the time. He takes downs and games off. He's not a good team player and is a bad example for younger players.

The rumor and story is that Ruben Brown refused to play the season ending game against The Pats because he didn't feel like playing. The Bills had to let him go. There's no way that they could have kept him after what he has been pulling in that locker room, the last few years.

He's a very talented player but you need to do a great job of coaching to get him to play 100 percent all the time and to not be a distraction behind the scenes.

He's a risk if you sign him. The Bills offensive line has been very bad the last two years. Brown has still been a good player and that's why his peers always vote him to the pro bowl. When he feels like playing, He's great.

I'm not sure but I am wondering if Hackett was at Pittsburgh when Ruben Brown was there, I know that Hackett coached Curtis Martin.

Banned
    Tell ya what, I haven't seen much of Brown as of late but he would need to have fallen off a WHOLE LOT for me not to be interested

OG is a huge need and Brown, unless he has fallen off a cliff, used to be one of the very best

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Mar 1 2004, 03:32 PM
    Tell ya what, I haven't seen much of Brown as of late but he would need to have fallen off a WHOLE LOT for me not to be interested

I liked last year when Brown decided he didn't "feel" like playing the last game of the year because of "personal reasons".

Yep, sign this guy and his attitude right up.

Veteran
    Ruben played at an elite level for about 6 years. The last two pro-bowls that he was voted into are complete BS. He was mediocre the past two years and is a complete GOON. The man is constantly called for holding/false starts and is a jerk.

With that being said, i think we outta look at him. He hasnt lost much ability and could be a good one if hermy boy can light a fire under his ass.

Hall Of Fame
    is he the guy who got a flag in his eye? if so i hate him. crybaby

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by dickkotite@Mar 1 2004, 06:35 PM
    is he the guy who got a flag in his eye? if so i hate him. crybaby
    dk- that was Courtney Brown.

Rookie
    no thats the guy on the ravens,orlando brown i think

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by JetFanatic10@Mar 1 2004, 06:40 PM
    no thats the guy on the ravens,orlando brown i think
    You are right 10, it was Orlando Brown.

Rookie
    I heard The raiders mite be getting rid of middleton and collins at guard also....u think hed have any intrest in them, I doubt Middleton because of his mouth and known rivalry with the jets and Josh Evans

Banned
    Mo Collins is a beast ... and in his prime

If the Raiders cut him loose we should be on that like white on rice

Rookie
    GJ&H Heres the link.....

Raiders | Collins Could be Cut - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:10:20 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports Oakland Raiders G Mo Collins could be a salary cap casualty.

Banned
    Originally posted by JetFanatic10@Mar 1 2004, 05:59 PM
    GJ&H Heres the link.....

Raiders | Collins Could be Cut - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:10:20 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports Oakland Raiders G Mo Collins could be a salary cap casualty.
    Yeah the Raiders are in cap trouble ... they're gonna have to do stuff like this ... we should capitolize on their misfortune

Collins would never get cut if it wasn't for the cap ... powerful OG in his prime ... this dude is a load

All Pro
    Originally posted by JetFanatic10@Mar 1 2004, 06:52 PM
    I heard The raiders mite be getting rid of middleton and collins at guard also....u think hed have any intrest in them, I doubt Middleton because of his mouth and known rivalry with the jets and Josh Evans
    Middleton can go scratch....Mo Collins I'd sign post haste.