Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To the people who don't like the FO....

Waterboy
    What is the deal right now. I know you don't like these guys and I fully respet that. But all you guys ever did was call for the heads of all the guys e have cut now all season. Every player, verbatim. I agree they needed to go.

But the funny thing is, now that these guys are in fact cut, I see alot of you guys complaining the team will now have no veteran leadership and no chemistry. Seriously, what gives. I'm not trying to make you guys love the FO because quite frankly I agree that they are certainly on the hot seat and should be so don't classify me as a hermaphrodite or whatever you call guys like Lester Lyles and jetsfreak. But I do expect a little consistency from you. The FO is doing what was an is the one that that was unanimously agreed to be the best thing for the Jets by FO haters and FO supporters alike. Now that it is happening, the FO haters seem to be complaining about it.

Banned
    I wanted every last one of these players OUT ... I was only lukewarm about Cowart

Been giving the FO huge kudos for GETTIN IT DONE

make no mistake about it, woody is an owner first. this is a business. what is important is that he was a jet season ticket holder before he bought the team. my feeling is he is giving bradway one shot to get this team what it it needs. unless bradway didnt get the ok to spend im not sure all these players would have been released so fast. dont think the voice of the fans isnt important. i might be wrong but i have a feeling we are going to get some real players. let tommorrow start the opposite of what last off season did.

Hall Of Fame
    Boozer -

I am not a Bradway supporter at all. Presently, I am lukewarm towards Herm.

Cutting these guys is a very good start, but only half of the equation. Let's see who they bring in.

But, I am very happy with how this offseason is going right now. You won't hear a peep out of me complaining about these cuts.

All Pro
    I LOVE that the dead wood is being trimmed.

Im even willing to have a mediocre season because of it, if it strengthens the team in the long run.

I judge the FO on a case by case basis, and while they're still on somewhat shaky ground overall, the past two days get nothing but kudos from me!

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

NEWS FLASH We don`t hate the F.O.people ,we hate going 35 years and counting without winning a SUPERBOWL!!!!

Banned
    Bradway has started this offesean the right way...now lets see what he does in the next 3 weeks then ill make my judgment on him for this year.

He has been "shaky "to say the least...he needs a great FA period and Draft ...

...till then my sig stays....

If he goes out and get qualtiy players to bring in....then ill retire the sig.

Waterboy
    Originally posted by joiseyjet@Mar 2 2004, 05:11 PM
    NEWS FLASH We don`t hate the F.O.people ,we hate going 35 years and counting without winning a SUPERBOWL!!!!
    Fair enough and I fully agree. I just feel they did the right thing for the organization right now and quite frankly I can't wait to see who they get as replacements.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Boozer!! I'm so happy with the Cuts I actually wrote a positive
    post!! It's here somewhere!! :lol:

Charter JI Member
    Hey Booz...looks like a breath of fresh air will blowing through the halls of Hempstead....clearing out the old Tuna smell. B)

Rookie
    Originally posted by Smizzy@Mar 2 2004, 05:13 PM
    Bradway has started this offesean the right way...now lets see what he does in the next 3 weeks then ill make my judgment on him for this year.

He has been "shaky "to say the least...he needs a great FA period and Draft ...

...till then my sig stays....

If he goes out and get qualtiy players to bring in....then ill retire the sig.
    Well said, Smizzy.

We've cut a lot of dead wood, but all of those cuts seemed pretty obvious to anyone watching.

The measure of a good FO is replacing these cuts with the right guys, whether its from free agency or the draft (or a trade).

I honestly think Bradway doesn't know his elbow from his a-hole, but I would love for him to prove me wrong.

All League
    Bradway and Herm have a lot to prove to the fan's. Other than father time that cought up with one of the best linebackers this orgaization has ever seen. Who brought in the dead wood that is being cut and just why should we have cofidence in who they will bring in?

Banned
    I really don't like Terry Bradway, be it from trading two first-rounders to get a "combine warrior", or giving lucrative contracts to our aging big three of Vinny, Curtis, and Wayne. But this is a good start to this offseason. But Lord only knows what he's thinking for the draft.

As for Herm, call me a Hermaphrodite, I don't really give a sh*t. People seem to forget 14 short months ago when he bar-be-qued the Colts' asses in the playoffs.

Charter JI Member
    Originally posted by The Troll@Mar 2 2004, 05:37 PM
    I really don't like Terry Bradway, be it from trading two first-rounders to get a "combine warrior", or giving lucrative contracts to our aging big three of Vinny, Curtis, and Wayne. But this is a good start to this offseason. But Lord only knows what he's thinking for the draft.

As for Herm, call me a Hermaphrodite, I don't really give a sh*t. People seem to forget 14 short months ago when he bar-be-qued the Colts' asses in the playoffs.
    Vinny and Curtis was a reworking of Tuna deals...Chrebets deal is not that awful. someone correct me if I'm wrong here. :unsure:

All Pro
    Originally posted by savage69@Mar 2 2004, 05:19 PM
    Boozer!! I'm so happy with the Cuts I actually wrote a positive
    post!! It's here somewhere!! :lol:
    :lol: That's a lie and you know it.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

These are cuts that needed to be made as SMIZZY said ,we`re in a wait and see mode now to see who we get in here now...

Veteran
    If you wanted to get rid of the dead wood...you should have started with the HC

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Shadetree@Mar 2 2004, 04:44 PM
    If you wanted to get rid of the dead wood...you should have started with the HC
    Amen Shadetree we agree!! I'll save some extra spareribs
    for you this Summer at Jet Camp!!

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by The Troll@Mar 2 2004, 05:37 PM

if i am not mistaken, the only one he accuality gave a new contract to was wayne. vinnies contract was restructured to ease the cap hit from the contract that the tuna gave him and curtis's contract was redone to get rid of the "poison pill" that tuna gave curtis to stop kraft from matching his contract offer.

All League
    All I can say is Timberrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Do not let the door hit your arse on the way out.