Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SORIANO BACK TO NY????

Hall Of Fame
    keep Kazmir!!!!!

Waterboy
    I'm not a Mets fan but I agree they should keep Kazmir. The Mets do not look like a team that is going to win much this year and that is basically because of pitching IMO. Soriano doesn't make the Mets a contender this year, nor will it really help them be one next year or 2 years from now. If Kazmir is what he is hyped to be, you could be sitting on the next phenom pitcher.

All League
    Originally posted by Boozer76@Mar 3 2004, 01:25 PM
    I'm not a Mets fan but I agree they should keep Kazmir. The Mets do not look like a team that is going to win much this year and that is basically because of pitching IMO. Soriano doesn't make the Mets a contender this year, nor will it really help them be one next year or 2 years from now. If Kazmir is what he is hyped to be, you could be sitting on the next phenom pitcher.
    I follow the Mets with a side interest: I have a few close friends who are Mets fans, and they're the only people who come close to hating Yankees fans as much as us New Englanders do.....

and they should keep Kazmir. That team is on the right course, building around pitching and defense. It'll take a couple of lean years, but thats enough time to get the bad contracts off the books. Then when the young guys are in the show, the Mets will have enough money to sign some serious FAs, not the roidheads the Yankees usually go for.

Soriano would be a mistake.

All Pro
    Soriano is a great player, did he slump in the post-season last year, yes. Did Barry Bonds slump in his first 3 post seasons? yes.

I'd rather an all star like Soriano as opposed to a guy whose may or may not pan out.

Soriano was my favorite Yankee so while A-ROD is great I still hating seeing Soriano sent packing.

Veteran
    Originally posted by RichardSeymour@Mar 3 2004, 01:30 PM
    [ I have a few close friends who are Mets fans, and they're the only people who come close to hating Yankees fans as much as us New Englanders do.....
    Soriano would be a mistake.
    I'm a Mets fan....but the only time I root for the Yanks is when they play Boston. I love watching Boston fans wallow in misery, plus they look and act like complete morons when they win a championship (or lose an ALCS).

They are the fans I love to hate.

All League
    Originally posted by pope@Mar 3 2004, 01:33 PM
    Soriano is a great player, did he slump in the post-season last year, yes. Did Barry Bonds slump in his first 3 post seasons? yes.

I'd rather an all star like Soriano as opposed to a guy whose may or may not pan out.

Soriano was my favorite Yankee so while A-ROD is great I still hating seeing Soriano sent packing.
    Sorianos gonna keep being a GREAT player, he'll figure out how to be selective I think..... but he doesn't fit the Mets plan of pitching and defense.

And if theres ONE thing that we should have learned over the past few years, it's that with Mark Prior, Kerry Wood, Josh Beckett, and the Oakland As young pitching staff being worth their weight in gold, you should NEVER trade a guy who has a great chance to be a #1 stud pitcher.

Banned
    Soriano is a rotten fielder. If they use him in left field or something, then I'd say do it.

I'd rather the METS just stay with their rebuilding mode using the Angels & Marlins formula of pitching and defense.

Banned
    Why is it that anything Mets stays here for hours and any Yankee threads are immediatly moved?

Things that make you go "Hmmmm"

All Pro
    Originally posted by Smizzy@Mar 3 2004, 04:59 PM
    Why is it that anything Mets stays here for hours and any Yankee threads are immediatly moved?

That's because everyone's out to get the Yankees

Banned

Ohhhhhhh stop your *****'n you guys got A-Rod, and a ridiculous line-up, not to mention a top 5 rotation.

So shut-up already.

Maxman

Good point Bro.

No Roger, No Rerun No Rent.

Im a huge fan of Kazmir's. BUT the kid might not pan out. Soriano is a proven 40-40 guy, and if you put him in Right, he'll be ok defensively!

Banned
    Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind@Mar 3 2004, 05:01 PM
    Ohhhhhhh stop your *****'n you guys got A-Rod, and a ridiculous line-up, not to mention a top 5 rotation.

So shut-up already.
    You had your chance at A-Rod and you chose not to get him....so stop *****ing and crying about A-Rod.

Veteran
    Originally posted by Maxman+Mar 3 2004, 04:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maxman @ Mar 3 2004, 04:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Smizzy@Mar 3 2004, 04:59 PM

Good point Bro.

No Roger, No Rerun No Rent. [/b][/quote]
    Probably because Sooth is a Mutts fan&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Hey, we can&#39;t all be perfect&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; GO BRONX BOMBERS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

All Pro
    Soriano puts up great numbers (other than OBP) but here&#39;s the problem - he&#39;s come out and said he doesn&#39;t want to come back to NY if its the Mets, and he wants to play 2B, and he&#39;s not willing to learn/relearn the outfield. And if I recall, Sori wasn&#39;t really a stellar defensive 2Bman.

I&#39;m with the folks who say build around pitching and defense. Keep Kazmir, keep Peterson, keep Huber and Wright, and be patient that by 2005/2006 they&#39;ll hopefully have a nice nucleus of young players. For the people who point out the &#39;Generation K&#39; young pitching disaster of a few years ago as a reason to trade Kazmir - that was an aberation. That was more becauase Dallas Green is a dingus than any other reason.

As for the whining about Mets threads not being moved, one of the Mods here is a huge Yankees fan, so go figure why they don&#39;t get moved.

Banned
    Originally posted by Smizzy+Mar 3 2004, 05:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smizzy @ Mar 3 2004, 05:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JetsD-Mastermind@Mar 3 2004, 05:01 PM
    Ohhhhhhh stop your *****&#39;n you guys got A-Rod, and a ridiculous line-up, not to mention a top 5 rotation.

So shut-up already.
    You had your chance at A-Rod and you chose not to get him....so stop *****ing and crying about A-Rod. [/b][/quote]
    I really didn&#39;t care if the METS got A-Rod, I&#39;m not *****ing about not getting him. I like what the METS are doing right now

I&#39;m just saying, your great owner has gotten you and your spoiled self a great team.

So stop starting trouble by saying "hmmm blah, blah, why do Yankee topics get moved"

Who f-ing cares. Why are you so worried about it, just let us poor MET fans alone already&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

All Pro
    Originally posted by Smizzy+Mar 3 2004, 05:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smizzy @ Mar 3 2004, 05:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JetsD-Mastermind@Mar 3 2004, 05:01 PM
    Ohhhhhhh stop your *****&#39;n you guys got A-Rod, and a ridiculous line-up, not to mention a top 5 rotation.

So shut-up already.
    You had your chance at A-Rod and you chose not to get him....so stop *****ing and crying about A-Rod. [/b][/quote]
    In all fairness, the Mets had the chance to get Arod for 25 million a year a few years back and passed. I think wisely. Even with Arod, they&#39;d still be mediocre the last few years.

I give major props to the Yanks for pulling off the Arod move, especially since they wont be paying him nearly that much.

But the two issues are hardly related.

Banned
    Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind@Mar 3 2004, 05:09 PM

I&#39;m just saying, your great owner has gotten you and your spoiled self a great team.

So stop starting trouble by saying "hmmm blah, blah, why do Yankee topics get moved"

Who f-ing cares. Why are you so worried about it, just let us poor MET fans alone already&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    I really didn&#39;t care if the METS got A-Rod, I&#39;m not *****ing about not getting him. I like what the METS are doing right now
    ..Yeah but every chance you get you personally display you dislike with the Yankees getting him.

I was making a joke...and you took it seriously....you need to chill.

Im a Jets,Yankee,Nets fan...

You R a Jets,Mets,Knicks fans...

We both bleed green....so get off my Yankee lovin back already .

Banned
    Originally posted by Smizzy+Mar 3 2004, 05:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smizzy @ Mar 3 2004, 05:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JetsD-Mastermind@Mar 3 2004, 05:09 PM

..Yeah but every chance you get you personally display you dislike with the Yankees getting him.

I was making a joke...and you took it seriously....you need to chill.

Im a Jets,Yankee,Nets fan...

You R a Jets,Mets,Knicks fans...

We both bleed green....so get off my Yankee lovin back already . [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;ve never complained on this board about A-Rod going to the Yankees.

I thought it was a great move for the sport and got people talking about baseball again.