View Poll Results: Detroit has expressed interest in trading down their 1st Round pick (no 6) in the draft. Do we send

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 45.00%
  • No

11 55.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Detroit wants deal. Do we play ?

All League
    Ok Here's the scoop gang. Detroit wants more picks in this Aprils Draft and has said it's willing to trade down. Our 1st and 2 3rds would be just short of equalling Detroit's no 6 in value. The second 3rd is our compensation pick. Is it worth it to lock up Roy Williams or even Mike ?

Mumbles has told Millen he would be willing to part with with their 2 firsts if Millen is willing to send another pick. NEs 2 no1s are well below the value Detroit's 1st rounder without even ask for anything else. I say we trade with Matty straight up lock up a blue chip WR and gain the satisfaction of Acing out the Chissler up north 2 years running !

Waterboy
    trhrow a player in their insted of a 2nd round pick and pick taylor we need saftey help and he is the best we can get

Waterboy
    If you do this, YOU MUST TAKE SEAN TAYLOR. Without a doub.

Talyor will be good but not worth are 1st,2nd, and 3rd, I would say maybe are first and third and Lamont Jordon, but even that is stretching it, Talyor might not even be there, Oakland and the Giants are seriously looking at him

Rookie
    If we are to do that it better be to pick Taylor(if he's available of course). Offense wins games...Defense wins championships.

Veteran
    i voted no, but if taylor was still on the board at that point, i would reconsider it.

All Pro
    I WANT SEAN TAYLOR.

YES.

We can get a receiver in FA or the second round. If we go receiver rd 2, we could look at LB's Barton or hopefully washington.

Waterboy
    Originally posted by JetsFan 51@Mar 3 2004, 11:36 PM
    Talyor will be good but not worth are 1st,2nd, and 3rd, I would say maybe are first and third and Lamont Jordon, but even that is stretching it, Talyor might not even be there, Oakland and the Giants are seriously looking at him
    What football do you watch?

Yeah but if you said yes to a trade that give the lions are 2nd so how you going to draft a WR there????

Waterboy
    First of all, it's OUR not ARE, secondly, this draft is deeeeeep at WR, a safety like Taylor doesn't come aroung very often. Imagine those AFC east wideouts coming across the middle...........BOOYA

Waterboy
    if we do this trade and get taylor and winfield our d is set

DE- Thomas Ellis
    DT- Ferguson Dewayne
    LB- Abraham Cowart Hobson
    CB-Winfield Abraham
    S- Taylor Mcgraw

Thats a preety good D we pick up a Daryl Jackson and we are set for next year

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by WestCoastMole@Mar 3 2004, 11:31 PM
    Ok Here's the scoop gang. Detroit wants more picks in this Aprils Draft and has said it's willing to trade down. Our 1st and 2 3rds would be just short of equalling Detroit's no 6 in value. The second 3rd is our compensation pick. Is it worth it to lock up Roy Williams or even Mike ?

Mumbles has told Millen he would be willing to part with with their 2 firsts if Millen is willing to send another pick. NEs 2 no1s are well below the value Detroit's 1st rounder without even ask for anything else. I say we trade with Matty straight up lock up a blue chip WR and gain the satisfaction of Acing out the Chissler up north 2 years running !
    Why do you post stuff and talk to "us" and call us "gang" and post this idiotic s**t like your a espn reporter, half the stuff you post is known or some b.s. rumor.

One player don't win games, where the jets going to draft a WR???? In the 4th round yeah he will be the man

Waterboy
    This is worse than draft day..........many idiots come out to play

All League
    I say we trade with Matty straight up lock up a blue chip WR and gain the satisfaction of Acing out the Chissler up north 2 years running !
    Sweet. I get to be the first Pats fan to point out the obvious........

Because that worked out SO WELL for the Jets last year, huh? Boy, did the Pats get screwed out of DeWayne Robertson. Man, do I wish we had DeWayne Robertson. We sure got aced out on that one. Damn.

Ok, that was fun.

All League
    HEY ! All you guys who are thinking about Taylor consider this !

Sean Tatlor had an awful day at the recent Pro-Day in Miami. The scouts were appalled at what they saw ! Taylor was dogging it in the 40s and told them he had a tweaked Hamstring. None of the scouts bought it. They said when a hamstring goes you don't run slow...you don't run period.

The attitude Taylor displayed will undoubtedly send him tumbling ! He may be a gamble at no 12 !

When I git the news I immediately changed my Avatar from Taylor, which I have had up since November to Demorrio Williams.

Good Bye Sean.....you slacker !

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by WestCoastMole@Mar 3 2004, 11:47 PM
    HEY ! All you guys who are thinking about Taylor consider this !

Sean Tatlor had an awful day at the recent Pro-Day in Miami. The scouts were appalled at what they saw ! Taylor was dogging it in the 40s and told them he had a tweaked Hamstring. None of the scouts bought it. They said when a hamstring goes you don't run slow...you don't run period.

The attitude Taylor displayed will undoubtedly send him tumbling ! He may be a gamble at no 12 !

When I git the news I immediately changed my Avatar from Taylor, which I have had up since November to Demorrio Williams.

Good Bye Sean.....you slacker !
    Who cares Madden.

Combine number are worthless, some guys can go up and some can go down in this stupid s**t, the point is can the kid play ball and Talyor can play some damn good ball

Look at Boldin he didnt have good combine #'s and he was arguably the best WR in the Draft

Undrafted Free Agent
    I say we trade with Matty straight up lock up a blue chip WR and gain the satisfaction of Acing out the Chissler up north 2 years running !
    You do realize the Patriots won the Superbowl this year, right?