Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OH OH

Undrafted Free Agent

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Doubt very highly based on the state the Raiders are in that they would give up the #2 pick for McKenzie.

Actually for the #2 I might support it.

Veteran
    Originally posted by Newtown Jets@Mar 4 2004, 11:48 AM
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cita...tadel&type=lgns
    Don't worry about this. If they want him, we'll have the #2 pick in the draft. I don't understand why Oakland would even entertain the idea of MacKenzie.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    man oh man im sure TB would love to have #2

Hall Of Fame
    for you astute posters out there you will remember a while back i told you that I sat with Kareem's dad during the Dolphins game and he told me that Kareem doesn't give a damn where he plays or who he plays with as long as he gets paid in full, Kareem will be looking for a big fat check, however it would be highly unlikely that the raiders sign him with a first round tender attached and eve if they did would it be soo bad, being that they have the #2 overall pick???

we could manuever around a way to get Gallery and Taylor with two top picks, but I like Kareems' game and hope he doesn't leave

All Pro
    I would absolutely, positively, let them have McKenzie for the #2 overall.

Rookie
    I dont want the Jets to lose him but if they do then another first rounder would definetly help me feel a little better about it.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Originally posted by Brooklyn Jet@Mar 4 2004, 12:54 PM
    DOn't be so quick to get rid of an excellent RT who has the feet to be a LT.

THis kid can play.

I don't care who we get at WR if Penny doens't have time it doesnt matter.

RT<LT- two most important positions in the game.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

if they take mckenzie and we get the #2 ill become a raider fan also.....

All Pro
    I like McKenzie --a solid starter with a long upside-- but Robert Gallery is being described as an Ogden/Pace/Roaf-caliber tackle, and those are very, very rare.

I can&#39;t imagine the Raiders would be that stupid.

All Pro
    Hello Gallery

Please Al Take him. :lol:

Charter JI Member
    What if Oakland trades out of that #2 pick....then what? There is no way Oakland sign Kareem with Gallery staring them in the face at #2....I don&#39;t like this at all. :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

IMO, we&#39;d be better off with the #2 .... trade down and get us a pack of players.

--

Please. please, please let the raiders sign McKenzie.

Rookie
    Whoever in the McKenzie camp that&#39;s responsible for leaking these rumors in order to increase his value, they ought to pick a team that is at least realistic. There is no way that the Raiders would entertain signing Kareem to an offer sheet when it would me the second pick in the draft. The only chance of the Raiders getting involved would be through a trade.

Waterboy
    I will pay for his plane ticket to Oakland and help him pack his bags myself.

I can&#39;t imagine what Oakland is thinking.

All Pro
    Originally posted by Newtown Jets+Mar 4 2004, 12:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Newtown Jets @ Mar 4 2004, 12:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Brooklyn Jet@Mar 4 2004, 12:54 PM
    DOn&#39;t be so quick to get rid of an excellent RT who has the feet to be a LT.

THis kid can play.

I don&#39;t care who we get at WR if Penny doens&#39;t have time it doesnt matter.

RT<LT- two most important positions in the game. [/b][/quote]
    Let him go and take Gallery at the #2.

As for the issue of the Raiders trading down, doesnt the compensation for signing an RFA have to be your original 1st round pick or higher or something like that? So they couldnt move down?

Originally posted by jetswin@Mar 4 2004, 01:01 PM
    What if Oakland trades out of that #2 pick....then what? There is no way Oakland sign Kareem with Gallery staring them in the face at #2....I don&#39;t like this at all. :&#60;&#33;--emo&Angry:--&#62;&#60;&#33;--endemo--&#62;
    They can&#39;t trade down and give that pick.

A pick given for a RFA has to be equal to or higher than the teams original pick in that round.

OF course, they could trade up......... one. And give us that one instead. They may be crazy, but not stupid.

Hall Of Fame
    How about Robert Gallery in Green?

Or how about the No.4 pick and the Giants 3rd pick in the second round if they want Gallery as much as they seem to want him, and we bluff them hard enough.

Sean Taylor or Mike Williams or Larry Fitzgerald (at No. 4) AND Vilma or Roy Williams (at No. 12) AND R. Woods or BA CB/OL/LB (at No. 35 AND at Jets spot in 2nd Round)?

Does not make sense for the Raiders.

All League
    Anyone who thinks this is a bad deal is crazy.

The 2nd pick in the draft would be unbelievale. with two first round picks we could make some nice trades

Personally I don&#39;t think the Raiders will do it. Mckenzie is good but is not worth a that pick.