Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All is Not Lost

Banned
    Sure Terry Bradway looks like a moron...but whats new?

I think we can still have a very productive FA period even with the mess on the last 2 days...

Get on the ball TB....

Go get E.Barton....Go Get M.Logan....Go get what we need to get this ship turned in the right direction...

Your incompetence is tearing the jetsinsider .com apart..

This shouldn't be about saving you ass and your job...you should do you JOB and try to make this team better...not try to make you job security safer.

I don't care what it takes to get in done...just get it done.

Im not impatient...im concerned.

All League
    !!!AMEN!!!

Practice Squad
    is winfield lost already???

Veteran
    Originally posted by Smizzy@Mar 5 2004, 02:46 PM
    Sure Terry Bradway looks like a moron...but whats new?

I think we can still have a very productive FA period even with the mess on the last 2 days...

Get on the ball TB....

Go get E.Barton....Go Get M.Logan....Go get what we need to get this ship turned in the right direction...

Your incompetence is tearing the jetsinsider .com apart..

This shouldn't be about saving you ass and your job...you should do you JOB and try to make this team better...not try to make you job security safer.

I don't care what it takes to get in done...just get it done.

Im not impatient...im concerned.
    Well put Smizzy, all the negative posting was really getting me down. Do I wish that things could have turned out differently? Absolutely, but I'm not giving up on this team 3 days into the offseason. Have faith Jet fans, a Miracle will happen.

Banned
    if you don't see it my way...try to look at it like this.

The Jets are our team and we are both stuck with Terry Bradway right now...you can't you give up on the jets...think about the feeling you get during the home opener.....they choppers...the planes whatever...I CRY opening day becuase im so emotional.

Times like this are what is going to make it that much sweeter when we DO WIN IT ALL...

We will have our god damn parade...we will...i don't care if it take another 40 years and im almost dead when it happens...call me a glutten for punishment or whatever you wants...but i love the jets.
    It will happen..I wouldn't raise my son any other way.

The FO will come and go...but the jetsie's baby will alwayws be the jets.

Veteran
    The Vikings board at the Tribune is claiming that KFAN reported that the Vikings signed Winfield.

Banned
    more money for us to spend elswhere...good for him.

As long as we get our guys who gives a **** what he does.right?

Veteran
    Smizzy, you brightened my day. Spoken like a true fan.

Banned
    Im trying

Undrafted Free Agent
    Winfield's wife didn't like NY. I guess the Minneapolis ghetto has better schools for their 7 kids then Long Island.

Banned
    I agree. There are about 50 topics in the past day alone about how much Bradway sucks and about how much of a joke we are quickly becoming. So what if Winfield got away? Who's to say Ahmed Plummer isn't a better player? So what if T.O. got away? Maybe we'll find a gem with our second round pick. So what if Nate Webster signed with the Bengals? Who the hell is Nate Webster anyways. Free agency has just begun, and it really doesn't look too promising for us. But us crying about it isn't going to make it better, it's just going to make it worse. We can't think about what could have been, we've got to just hope for the future. Such is the saga of a fan of the New York Jets.

Banned
    Eric Barton?

This guy is trash, he is a better athlete then player, and totally regressed last season.

Barton had a solid 2002 season, but was below average last season with the Raiders, missing tackles, mistakes in coverage, and not making any plays.

The JETS should try to sign either Ian Gold(if he hasn't lost speed from his Knee Injury) or Barret Green.

Gold before he was injured was a great linebacker, considered to be the FASTEST in the league. He was a great blitzer, amazing in coverage. The guy can cover wide recievers, and he is tough vs. the run.

The guy is as fluid as a cornerback when it comes to coverage for this guy.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Originally posted by The Troll@Mar 5 2004, 06:48 PM
    I agree. There are about 50 topics in the past day alone about how much Bradway sucks and about how much of a joke we are quickly becoming. So what if Winfield got away? Who's to say Ahmed Plummer isn't a better player? So what if T.O. got away? Maybe we'll find a gem with our second round pick. So what if Nate Webster signed with the Bengals? Who the hell is Nate Webster anyways. Free agency has just begun, and it really doesn't look too promising for us. But us crying about it isn't going to make it better, it's just going to make it worse. We can't think about what could have been, we've got to just hope for the future. Such is the saga of a fan of the New York Jets.
    The Jets would have signed Winfield, boasted about his play, and then he would have gone out and been a disappointment.

Wasn't Beasley the guy Edwards wanted 2 years ago, who had tons of INTs and was a good cover guy ? He was burned play after play. He sucked. Winfield would have sucked too, with the Jets luck. Mayeb they can draft someone, who knows.

Banned
    Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind@Mar 5 2004, 04:49 PM
    Eric Barton?

This guy is trash, he is a better athlete then player, and totally regressed last season.

Barton had a solid 2002 season, but was below average last season with the Raiders, missing tackles, mistakes in coverage, and not making any plays.

The JETS should try to sign either Ian Gold(if he hasn't lost speed from his Knee Injury) or Barret Green.

Gold before he was injured was a great linebacker, considered to be the FASTEST in the league. He was a great blitzer, amazing in coverage. The guy can cover wide recievers, and he is tough vs. the run.

So you want to give Gold the job coming off a torn ACL?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind@Mar 5 2004, 06:49 PM
    Eric Barton?

Gold would be a good pickup.

What about DE Wistrom ? Would he be a good pickup ?

Banned
    He signed with seattle yesterday.

Banned
    Originally posted by Smizzy+Mar 5 2004, 04:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smizzy @ Mar 5 2004, 04:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JetsD-Mastermind@Mar 5 2004, 04:49 PM
    Eric Barton?

The JETS should try to sign either Ian Gold(if he hasn&#39;t lost speed from his Knee Injury) or Barret Green.

So you want to give Gold the job coming off a torn ACL? [/b][/quote]
    Back when the JETS signed Cowart, they even saw him work out, and noticed how slow he was.

They signed him to a big contract thinking that he would get healthier. BIG MISTAKE.

When the JETS do work out GOLD, if he is slow, just totally forget him.

But if he has the same speed sign him right away, because he is a difference maker.

If you read my whole post?, you&#39;d see that I said if he hasn&#39;t lost any speed.

Barton is average.

Im wary on Gold, Smells like a poor mans Sam Cowart&#33;

Grant Winstrom signed with the Seahawks I believe.

Banned
    yeah, we need gold just like we needed cowart...and wistrom already signed with seattle...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Bradway should have balls as big as Isiah Thomas and make some moves.