Thread: Would You Still Take Roy or Mike Williams at 12?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Just throwing this out there to see if what you guys think.

Call me crazy but I think that The Jets are still going to draft a WR in this years draft. Just probably not at 12 but.....If Roy or Mike is there at 12. Do you draft one of them?

I don't think that they will be there at 12. But with Wayne Chrebet 's status up in the air. Maybe being a #3WR for a year or two isn't such a bad thing for The Jets.

Remember Randy Moss got drafted by The Vikings when they already had Chris Carter and Jake Reed.

I make the pick, and draft 1 lineman, and the rest is DEFENSE.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: nope right now the focus has to be on defense.....if Chrebet comes back (good chance he will) this will be a nice receiving threesome.

Undrafted Free Agent
    if mike or roy is still on the board, you grab them

Veteran
    I would have to say no...I think defense needs to be addressed and if the Jets think there are no defensive players worth a #12 pick trade it.... too many holes in this team to take a wr at #12.. just my opinion but this team needs a hell of a lot of help in the secondary and LB corps. I am ok with Moss,McCariens,Carter and whoever else... I can see Baker lining up more at WR position a la Tyrone Calico and the Jets utilize Curtis and Sowell alot at wr as well. It is a slight hole, but just not that high in the draft.

Undrafted Free Agent
    If they don't trade the pick, (which I now think is the best idea), I would be all for best available player. That would obviously be one of the Williamsssss if they are there. No one has thrown out the idea of Shawn Andrews if he's still there. Great run blocker. Not sure how he would fit into the o-line. Just food for thought.

Practice Squad
    I to feel you take the best player even if its a WR ..

moss
    mccareins
    carter

chrebet is still a question mark even if he comes back
    swayne gets cut
    conway is cut
    so they will still need another WR and its cheeper to get them in the draft

Hall Of Fame
    :ph34r: most of me disagree but you have a points....I still say go Dfense in the 1st round because we can still get another competent WR...Mcareins is ready to be a starter. Also keep in mind that Jordan is still trade bait for us and anything can happen.

All Pro
    Its a tough call. I think the best case scenario is to trade down from 12. If Im Terry Bradway, Im hitting the phones hard trying to move down.

Obviously its not a given that that would happen, so Im in favor of drafting the Best Available Player. Which, at 12, could very well be a WR.

If they can't move down, and wind up taking a WR at 12 that's a fair value and not a reach, I wouldn't be mad one bit.

All League
    Trade down and grab Dunta Robinson, Will Poole, or DeAngelo Hall. This is must do move!

Hall Of Fame
    :ph34r: I would love to go defense in the 1st but if there is a stud wr we really can't pass him up.

Veteran
    no, trade down and solidify the LD and DB situation. We can find receivers later on, our newest addition was a fourth rounder. Those guys are out there

Banned
    If Mike Williams is there the answer is a resounding ... YES!!

Then you immediately deal Santana Moss for a 1ST ROUND PICK!!

Mike Williams & Justin McCareins would be SICK ... OFF THE CHARTS, INSANE!!

That would be as close to UNSTOPPABLE as it comes in this league ... a living hell for the opposition ... their worst nightmare!!

One 6' 2"/215 Stud who runs a 4.4 {McCareins} ... and one 6' 5" FREAK OF NATURE who has a chance to be GREAT {in every sense of the word}

I am not an emotional Guy ... I NEVER allow emotion to interfere with FOOTBALL DECISIONS ... I love Santana Moss, but if I have a chance to team Justin McCareins and Mike Williams I would do it so fast your head would spin

And then recoup a 1ST ROUND PICK for Moss ... which I promptly use to draft the BA-CB on the board {Dunta, Poole, Hall, etc.}

All League
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Mar 6 2004, 01:06 PM
    If Mike Williams is there the answer is a resounding ... YES!!

Then you immediately deal Santana Moss for a 1ST ROUND PICK!!

Mike Williams & Justin McCareins would be SICK ... OFF THE CHARTS, INSANE!!

That would be as close to UNSTOPPABLE as it comes in this league ... a living hell for the opposition ... their worst nightmare!!

One 6' 2"/215 Stud who runs a 4.4 {McCareins} ... and one 6' 5" FREAK OF NATURE who has a chance to be GREAT {in every sense of the word}

I am not an emotional Guy ... I NEVER allow emotion to interfere with FOOTBALL DECISIONS ... I love Santana Moss, but if I have a chance to team Justin McCareins and Mike Williams I would do it so fast your head would spin

And then recoup a 1ST ROUND PICK for Moss ... which I promptly use to draft the BA-CB on the board {Dunta, Poole, Hall, etc.}
    GJ&H what would you do if Al Davis got on the horn and offered the no 2 pick for our no 12 + Reggie MacKensie ?

Banned
    Originally posted by WestCoastMole@Mar 6 2004, 03:00 PM
    GJ&H what would you do if Al Davis got on the horn and offered the no 2 pick for our no 12 + Reggie MacKensie ?
    WCM, I would love to but who would play OT

If we made this deal we would almost have to draft Robert Gallery

Gallery is an animal, an absolute animal ... could be the next truly dominant LT ... but then we would have no more picks until Round 3 to address CB or LB

Therein lies the dilemma ... tough call <_<

Ive seen a few people call Kareem, Reggie. Is this his real first name or something? Sorry jw.

All League
    Unless its Mike Williams...no. Trade down and take Dunta Robinson like someone here stated. If we want a corner it cannot be Gamble or Hall at 12..both are way to raw and risky. Robinson could play right away and is already further ahead of gamble and hall as far as coverage skills go.

All League
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Mar 6 2004, 04:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Mar 6 2004, 04:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--WestCoastMole@Mar 6 2004, 03:00 PM
    WCM, I would love to but who would play OT

If we made this deal we would almost have to draft Robert Gallery

Gallery is an animal, an absolute animal ... could be the next truly dominant LT ... but then we would have no more picks until Round 3 to address CB or LB

Therein lies the dilemma ... tough call <_< [/b][/quote]
    Yeah I see what you mean GJ&H. Maybe MacKensie for the Raiders no2 might be more attractive. Who knows I&#39;m sure by Draft Day the complexion of the entire situation will have changed several times over.

Undrafted Free Agent
    nope right now the focus has to be on defense.....if Chrebet comes back (good chance he will) this will be a nice receiving threesome.
    You absolutely take one of the Williams.

Get a big name like one of those guys and let him prove himself. That opens up things for Moss and then that opens things up for Baker. After the D focuses on our playmakers at WR, its gonna be very hard to put 8 guys in the box so that opens up our running game.

Playmakers fellas.....Hate to break it to ya but McCareins is not the answer...a great #3 reciever but I emphasize, #3 :blink: