Thread: Lets Continue With Signing Ex-Raiders

Undrafted Free Agent
    While I wouldn't mind a younger player at Guard, such as Philly's Bobby Williams. Maybe it would be wise to pursue either Collins or Middleton. I prefer Middleton soley because he seems to believe in accountability and leadership, something the Jets have lacked of late. Everytime we played the Raiders the past few years Middleton always let us know what we are in for. Maybe I am way off on this one, but if the price is right I really like Middleton think he would be a solid pick up for the Green and White.

All Pro
    are you implying then we should raid the Raiders roster? wouldnt that create problems for us and them.. :o

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Mo Collins is awful who's false starts will remind die hards of the Days of Dave Cadigan and Doug Criswell ... middleton is a great big fat bastard

ruben brown should be their OG target IMO - can't go wrong with an 8 time pro bowler... Bobby williams also would be very servicable and priced right

Practice Squad
    maybe we shouldnt take all there players .. remember how they did last season ...

Banned
    Mo Collins is an animal ... and a young animal

If this dude is a FA, he becomes my #1 Rated OG

Banned
    Originally posted by bitonti@Mar 6 2004, 07:02 PM
    Mo Collins is awful who's false starts will remind die hards of the Days of Dave Cadigan and Doug Criswell ... middleton is a great big fat bastard

ruben brown should be their OG target IMO - can't go wrong with an 8 time pro bowler... Bobby williams also would be very servicable and priced right
    Bit, don't let as few penalties cloud your vision ... that can be addressed ... Mo Collins is an animal

Go look at his size ... and age

This dude is a Road Grader

Veteran
    they are both a couple of nasty hogs.
    remember the war in the press every time we play them?
    it's these two guys doing the talking.
    we could use some of that fire on the oline.

we now have it on d with barton, evans, and hopefully hobson.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Hammer he's a big ole bust - the dude was supposed to be an OT when they took him in the first round but he proved too slow and stupid... at guard he's been hidden between All Pro Barrett Robbins and all pro Lincoln Kennedy and he still sucks - the number of false start penalties this guy gets are staggering

he's really really really BAD

JetsInsider.com Legend
    sorry Ham but Tom Nutten should teach us to be wary of marginal OLmen who played next to All Pros

besides the fact how can you teach a known twitcher not to twitch? Valium?

ya know at the worst possible time that s**t will surface and bite them in the ass.

even penalties aside He's really overrated - we need our guards to be mobile not big fatasses.

Banned
    Originally posted by bitonti@Mar 6 2004, 07:08 PM
    besides the fact how can you teach a known twitcher not to twitch? Valium?
    Why not ... works for me :lol:

All kidding aside, I bow to your superior knowledge on the O-Line ... if you tell me he's a risk, so be it

Banned
    Originally posted by TheGreek@Mar 6 2004, 07:56 PM
    While I wouldn't mind a younger player at Guard, such as Philly's Bobby Williams. Maybe it would be wise to pursue either Collins or Middleton. I prefer Middleton soley because he seems to believe in accountability and leadership, something the Jets have lacked of late. Everytime we played the Raiders the past few years Middleton always let us know what we are in for. Maybe I am way off on this one, but if the price is right I really like Middleton think he would be a solid pick up for the Green and White.
    Those guys are so unathletic, fat, and really are overrated.

The need some athletic guards that fit the type the JETS want, the JETS should sign Cosey Coleman.

Great Athlete and progressed big time under the Former JETS offensive Line coach in Tampa Bay, whose name escapes me right now for some reason.