Thread: Lynch to Pats

All Pro
    According to the Boston Globe this weekend, the New England Patriots are one of three teams in discussions Lynchs agent to acquire him. I have to say, I was very surprised to see that we were even intersted in him, but this morning on sports talk radio 790, they reported that talks have intensified and tha the Pats were making a serious push to get him. I'm not really sure this would be a good move because it seems like we would lose some speed with both him and Harrison bach there. I would like to know what Jet fans think makes him a good pick up for any team?

All Pro
    He is worth more to the jets than the pats. if he was on the pats he would only play the first two downs anyway, BB would run that split safety thing he did with Green and Milloy, with wilson sliding over to free in passing downs.

I am sure jet fans look upon acquiring Lynch, having the same effect that getting harrison had for the pats last year. Leadership- toughness.

Banned
    Tell you right now

If NE signs John Lynch I am no-longer on friendly terms with the Patriots contingent

That is a Declaration of War!! Angry

Veteran
    His agent is negotiating with the Jets as we speak - HIGHLY unlikely Pats get him - like me hitting the Lotto 3 times in a row unlikely

All League
    Just heard from KFFL, the Pats want Lynch to compete for a starting role with a second year named Eugene somebody, Lynch told them I dont want to sit on the bench for anyone....Highley unlikely he would consider them even if there is a remote possibility of him sitting the bench. He's only 32, he has a solid 2 years starting in this league left, why they would ask him to mentor someone and "compete" for a starting job is just plain Bostonish!!!!!

Rookie
    no way he goes to new england,i guess id be payback though for the yanks gettin arod over the sox

All Pro
    Originally posted by patman@Mar 15 2004, 11:57 AM
    He is worth more to the jets than the pats. if he was on the pats he would only play the first two downs anyway, BB would run that split safety thing he did with Green and Milloy, with wilson sliding over to free in passing downs.

I am sure jet fans look upon acquiring Lynch, having the same effect that getting harrison had for the pats last year. Leadership- toughness.
    Patman well put.

Lynch is exactly that for the Jets should they sign him. He's not only a good player, he provides toughness, leadership and competency to a defense that couldn't harm a kitten last year. The Jets Defense needs Lynch like the Detroit Tigers needed Pudge, they need someone from the outside, used to winning, to come give their teammates a kick in the ass.

Rookie
    Heres the latest on the lynch watch from KFFL this morning

Jets | Negotiating with Lynch - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 14 Mar 2004 18:08:59 -0800

The Tampa Tribune reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers S John Lynch's agent, David Dunn, has already opened negotiations with the New York Jets.

Bengals | Interested in Lynch - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 14 Mar 2004 18:08:46 -0800

The Tampa Tribune reports the Cincinnati Bengals have called S John Lynch, of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, twice.

Broncos | Interested in Lynch - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 14 Mar 2004 18:08:32 -0800

The Tampa Tribune reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers S John Lynch said the Denver Broncos have shown an interest in acquiring him.

Seahawks | Sparking Up Lynch Interest - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 14 Mar 2004 18:08:18 -0800

The Tampa Tribune reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers S John Lynch said the Seattle Seahawks have "sparked up" their interest in him.

Patriots | Interested in Lynch - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 14 Mar 2004 18:07:50 -0800

The Tampa Tribune reports the New England Patriots have stepped up their efforts to sign S John Lynch, of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. If he were to sign with the Patriots, he'd likely compete with second-year S Eugene Wilson, who started 15 games as a rookie. Lynch said he isn't signing with any team to serve as a backup.
    While most teams are showing intrest,the jets are negotiating a contract......
    Very good news

C'mon John throw the john hancock down X___________________
    Sign Here

Banned
    Originally posted by JetFanatic10@Mar 15 2004, 10:35 AM
    Sign Here
    ABC

All League
    Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria@Mar 15 2004, 11:28 AM
    [ The Jets Defense needs Lynch like the Detroit Tigers needed Pudge, they need someone from the outside, used to winning, to come give their teammates a kick in the ass.
    i totally agree with you guns, thats a GREAT comparison!!

Rookie
    Green Jets & Ham Posted on Mar 15 2004, 11:41 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    QUOTE (JetFanatic10 @ Mar 15 2004, 10:35 AM)
    Sign Here

ABC

abc????

Rookie
    Always Be Closing - from one of the great sales movies of all time - Glen Gary Glen Ross (probably mis-spelled) - required watching for any salesman

Undrafted Free Agent
    Pats are fine at S with Harrisson and Wilson.

No way they will offer more than the Jets. If the Jets want Lynch, the Pats won't be in their way.

I think he could have a good effect on the Jets D. I hope he signs elsewhere.

C'mon John...Seatle is very nice with the tower and everything...

Rookie
    Too much rain in Seattle - needs to come to the NYC -why go to another city when you can enjoy the Best...

All League
    Herm Edwards is John Lynch's sons Godfather. It's reported that these two are extremely close. Lynch will be a Jet. Congratulations.

Maxman
    Originally posted by Garbanza@Mar 15 2004, 12:19 PM
    Herm Edwards is John Lynch's sons Godfather. It's reported that these two are extremely close. Lynch will be a Jet. Congratulations.
    Backwards but close enough.

All League
    Ooops......sorry 'bout that.

It will be a great signing for the Jets. Brings toughness to a defense that sorely needs it. Maybe he can teach the others how to tackle even!

All League
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Garbanza@Mar 15 2004, 12:34 PM
    Maybe he can teach the others how to tackle even!
    That seems like a lot to ask. :lol:

All Pro
    He is a positive for the Jets. Get the deal done, even though it's against the "youth" movement around here.

wickedtwisted
    Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™+Mar 15 2004, 01:09 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bob the Jets Fan™ @ Mar 15 2004, 01:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Garbanza@Mar 15 2004, 12:34 PM
    Maybe he can teach the others how to tackle even&#33;
    That seems like a lot to ask. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    LOL