Thread: Troy Vincent

Practice Squad
    We actually paid more to sign Barrett than Pro Bowl CB Troy Vincent.

i According to Comcast SportsNet, Cornerback Troy Vincent has agreed to terms with the Buffalo Bills. The deal, expected to be for six years and $20 million, including a $3.6 million bonus, should be announced shortly.

Veteran
    Originally posted by mudcat21@Mar 16 2004, 12:26 PM

i According to Comcast SportsNet, Cornerback Troy Vincent has agreed to terms with the Buffalo Bills. The deal, expected to be for six years and $20 million, including a $3.6 million bonus, should be announced shortly.
    A very bad sign for the AFC East teams. Buffalo's gain is our loss. Angry

All Pro
    Well, Barrett received a bit smaller signing bonus (I believe??), and is a bit younger. Hopefully, Jets braintrust believes this younger and faster business also means a better player.

Rookie
    I think the Barret move will pay off. I like what im hearing about his aggresive style. We need a guy who's not afraid to get physical with receivers, unlike Beasley.

Troy Vincent is way long in the tooth. Giving him a big deal is a bit wacky. I'd have been happy if the Jets had landed Vincent on a smaller termed contract but that deal Buffalo gave - they credit carded it. It should work for them this year, but will cost them soon after.

I've heard some good thing about Barrett lately. The jury on him is still out.