Thread: Steal Of 2003 Draft.......

Practice Squad
    Gotta go with Carolina's Ricky Manning Jr. (3rd. Rd). That pick against St. Louis was incredible!!!!

All League
    Originally posted by That'sWhyTheyPlayTheGame@Mar 16 2004, 06:52 PM
    Gotta go with Carolina's Ricky Manning Jr. (3rd. Rd). That pick against St. Louis was incredible!!!!
    Anquan Boldin, he'd be the steal of the draft if he'd gone in the min FIRST round, let alone the mid second.

Banned
    I have to agree with the Patsie fan. Ricky Manning really didn't do much of anything until the divisional playoffs.

Waterboy
    Originally posted by The Troll@Mar 16 2004, 06:57 PM
    I have to agree with the Patsie fan. Ricky Manning really didn't do much of anything until the divisional playoffs.
    Plus he got picked on in the SB. Gotta be Boldin, or maybe D. Davis.

All League
    Steal of the draft was of course the Jets very own Robertson...he definitely should've gone #1

All Pro
    Originally posted by SuperBowl3Champs@Mar 16 2004, 11:22 PM

He did not get picked on. He was down right beat down in the Superbowl.

I agree with RS about Boldin for the skill position players, but Koppen supplanted an All-Pro at Center and eazed the Patriots decision to let Woody go.

Originally posted by PFSIKH+Mar 16 2004, 07:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PFSIKH @ Mar 16 2004, 07:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--SuperBowl3Champs@Mar 16 2004, 11:22 PM

I agree with RS about Boldin for the skill position players, but Koppen supplanted an All-Pro at Center and eazed the Patriots decision to let Woody go. [/b][/quote]
    You mean it wasn&#39;t Ontarrio Smith? :lol:

wickedtwisted
    Boldin was great. We should have got him. Arizona with a good QB and a good O line will be a good offensive team...

Rookie
    Originally posted by PFSIKH+Mar 16 2004, 07:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PFSIKH @ Mar 16 2004, 07:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--SuperBowl3Champs@Mar 16 2004, 11:22 PM

I agree with RS about Boldin for the skill position players, but Koppen supplanted an All-Pro at Center and eazed the Patriots decision to let Woody go. [/b][/quote]
    This is the arrogance some of us our talking about when it comes to Pats fans.

All Pro
    Originally posted by ChadOwnsBrady@Mar 17 2004, 12:02 AM

This is the arrogance some of us our talking about when it comes to Pats fans.
    What arrogance?

Koppen, the 164th player in the draft, started at center for the World Champions.

Do you even remember your 5th rounders? There is a hint in there.....It is plural. Save your brain cell. Walters and Pagel. Both drafted ahead of Koppen.

Boldin had an awesome season. A record setting rookie season in obscurity. Koppen, that lowly 5th rounder anchored the OL for the World Champions. He anchored the line, that played minus its best player Woody for most of the three games, and did not allow a sack in 126 pass attempts during the playoffs.

It ain&#39;t arrogance junior. It is the truth slapping you up side the head.

Practice Squad
    it was def Boldin he was a top recivrer made plays and had a bad qb

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Everyone was ragging on Boldin at this time last year.

All the draft experts were blasting Boldin for his 4.7 in the 40 time. I like Boldin but I am not going to turn around and say that I knew he would be a great WR right out the box. It&#39;s very rare for a WR to do what Boldin did last year.

I actually called for Domanick Davis to be drafted by The Jets. I wanted to draft him to replace Chad Morton. Loved him as a kick returner. Little, did I know that he would become a good feature back in The NFL.

All League
    Originally posted by ChadOwnsBrady+Mar 16 2004, 08:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ChadOwnsBrady @ Mar 16 2004, 08:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -PFSIKH@Mar 16 2004, 07:26 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--SuperBowl3Champs
    @Mar 16 2004, 11:22 PM

I agree with RS about Boldin for the skill position players, but Koppen supplanted an All-Pro at Center and eazed the Patriots decision to let Woody go.
    This is the arrogance some of us our talking about when it comes to Pats fans. [/b][/quote]
    actually COB, I was thinking Koppen too, if not for Boldins general sickness.

Now mind you, I think you put Boldin before Koppen in terms of performance, but Boldin was a 2nd rounder, and when you say "steal" you&#39;re considering performance relative to draft position.

Boldin&#39;s the steal of the draft thus far (back before the &#39;01 season started, nobody realized who the steal of the 2000 draft was), but Koppen and Domanick Davis both have credible cases.

Oh hell, I know this&#39;ll royally piss off some of y&#39;all but.... you do realize that in the past four drafts there&#39;s a great case that BB has twice come away with the steal of the draft? Some dude in 2000, and Givens in the 7th in &#39;02.

Banned
    Koppen was a steal when you consider that he was a 5th rounder who started. However, in terms of production, I would have to say Domanick Davis.

Pertaining to 02:

Carlos Hall was definetly the steal of the 02 draft, also a 7th rounder.