Thread: READ THE TRUTH ABOUT OUR TEAM

Practice Squad
    I have been a huge Jets fan and sason ticket holder for about 8 years now. And there are some changes we have to make:

Offseason Moves - All I here is how people love Herman Edwards and everyone is dying to paly for him. This is just not true. We have yet to pickup one significant free agent under this regime due to horrible decisions made by Bradway. We could have had Owens and Lynch instead of Mccareins (who I do believe is going to be very good) and Tongue. The truth is Terrell Owens is Terrell Owens - one of the best recievers in football and I could not imagaine what a Chad to Owens combination would have been like. Second of all, you have to get Lynch if youre the Jets by any means. People dont want to play against a machine who kills people when they go down the middle.

RB situation- You might not want to believe it but Curtis Martin is done and it is time to give Lamont a try. Curtis has gotten very slow and I cant even remember the last time he broke a tackle. It's time to see what Lamont can do because everyone time hes in the game he looks incredible.

CB situation- we cant cover anyone. We have to draft a great corner because our guys will get fried.

LB- we need LBS that can actually tackle. I think Barton is decent and hopefully Cowarts transition to the middle will be better. We need these guys to have speed, especially Hobson.

BLITZ! I'm sick and tired of the Jets never blitzing. They give the quarterback all day to throw. Hopefully Henderson will have Abraham just rush off the edge every time.

THROW THE BALL 30 times if we have to. Chad can do it all and we run way too much on certain downs.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

You left out how cheap we could have had david boston for also , a 6th next year from MIAMI , with all our WR `S with past injury problems MOSS,CHREBET & even J.C. got hurt , he would have been a nice additition...

Practice Squad
    Your post is mediocre at best, Donnie Abraham, Sam Cowart, and Curtis Martin have all been very solid football players over the years. They don't make huge plays and they aren't the fastest in the NFL, but to say that our RB, CB and LB squads are essentially trash is just ridiculous. To complain about not blitzing, deal with it- that's the way Cotrell's scheme worked. Relying on dense coverage as opposed to heavy blitzing are two different strategies, both with their pros and cons.

There's a reason this team has made the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years with, for the most part, the same starting personnel. There's a reason this team was in just about every game last year and never lost by more than 11 points. Jet fans need to be proud of their team, support the front office, and realize that football is a business of 32 teams competing against one another, the Jets aren't going to the big dance every year. It could be a lot worse so be thankful for what you got, because this site could be cardinalsinsider.com and we'd all be bleeding red and white.

Rookie
    Well this basically guaranteed a 1,000 yard year from Martin yet again... Every year he is done and every year he gives us a solid effort. Yes he is aging but he is also a solid proven starter where Jordan has shown flashes.

We could have had TO for about 2 weeks and then complained about how the league screwed us and that we didn't get McCarriens because he went elsewhere.

Get over it- this has been a solid off-season for the Jets where they have turned the roster over and added youth at positions they were thin and aging at.

Every move has been an upgrade - while not the best players on the market they got solid players that will be able to play for years to come.

Waterboy
    Lets see C Martin rushes for 1,000 every year and does not fumble, L Jordon fumbles way to much to be trusted with C Martin carries, LEt him prove that he can hold on to the ball then we can talk about it

Banned
    Originally posted by joiseyjet@Mar 23 2004, 03:29 AM
    You left out how cheap we could have had david boston for also , a 6th next year from MIAMI , with all our WR `S with past injury problems MOSS,CHREBET & even J.C. got hurt , he would have been a nice additition...
    I don't want a big, gay ticking time bomb with a huge contract. Let the Phins have him.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

langnba>......you haven't been paying attention....don't start off on your 1st post on a bad note...nothing you say has any credence....are you sure you're not another patsie*fan in disguise?

Waterboy
    Originally posted by langnba@Mar 23 2004, 04:06 AM
    I have been a huge Jets fan and sason ticket holder for about 8 years now. And there are some changes we have to make:

Offseason Moves - All I here is how people love Herman Edwards and everyone is dying to paly for him. This is just not true. We have yet to pickup one significant free agent under this regime due to horrible decisions made by Bradway. We could have had Owens and Lynch instead of Mccareins (who I do believe is going to be very good) and Tongue. The truth is Terrell Owens is Terrell Owens - one of the best recievers in football and I could not imagaine what a Chad to Owens combination would have been like. Second of all, you have to get Lynch if youre the Jets by any means. People dont want to play against a machine who kills people when they go down the middle.

RB situation- You might not want to believe it but Curtis Martin is done and it is time to give Lamont a try. Curtis has gotten very slow and I cant even remember the last time he broke a tackle. It's time to see what Lamont can do because everyone time hes in the game he looks incredible.

CB situation- we cant cover anyone. We have to draft a great corner because our guys will get fried.

LB- we need LBS that can actually tackle. I think Barton is decent and hopefully Cowarts transition to the middle will be better. We need these guys to have speed, especially Hobson.

BLITZ! I'm sick and tired of the Jets never blitzing. They give the quarterback all day to throw. Hopefully Henderson will have Abraham just rush off the edge every time.

THROW THE BALL 30 times if we have to. Chad can do it all and we run way too much on certain downs.
    I don't want Owens or Moss anywhere near the Jets, you don't need megalomaniacs to develop a championship team..if the recent past hasn't persuaded people of
    that I don't know what will. The Jets will be fine...the defense still needs to be
    improved and can be further addressed in the draft.

All Pro
    If McCairens will develop real solid, like you state, so he will become just what we need in the W/R game. So we saved big $$$$$$ by not signing TO. Martin is done???? :blink: 1300 yards sure seems OK with me. Let's see a bad season before proclaiming him toast. Besides, his cap number destroys any chance of trading or cutting him now. Donnie

Abe is OK at corner, and Barrett will surprise you. You obviously did not follow his career with the Cards the past couple of seasons. He will be fine. A major upgrade over Beasley. Major.

Banned
    Originally posted by langnba@Mar 23 2004, 03:06 AM

Wow, you are definately a negative Newbie. I think the Jets have upgraded in every position that they needed to. Now we need to add some depth via the draft. Will we be better than last year, hell yes....how much better? who knows...but for you to come here, with no board cred just to complain is worthless....your contribution should be about new information, not rehashing the same negative puke that has been around since the end of the season...

We lost lynch and TO....get over it. We have mcCareins and Tongue....its better than last year!

LL