Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Can you say Blown coverage?

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    645
    Tongue is solid in run support, and he can make plays in the passing game (12 interceptions in the last three seasons), but is prone to mental mistakes. In 2000, after signing a lucrative free-agent deal with the Seahawks, he was benched for 10 games (almost unheard of) and nearly released after one year.
    :o

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,739
    He's more experienced now and a New York Jet.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,587
    So let's bring back Vic Green. He will never be guilty of blown coverages, since he will never be able to cover anyone at all.

    Vic Green = Marvin and Mo = Old and Slow.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,096
    Originally posted by #90@Mar 23 2004, 12:58 PM
    Tongue is solid in run support, and he can make plays in the passing game (12 interceptions in the last three seasons), but is prone to mental mistakes. In 2000, after signing a lucrative free-agent deal with the Seahawks, he was benched for 10 games (almost unheard of) and nearly released after one year.
    :o
    He was benched b/c he didn't get along with the coaches. I don't know which one is worse (head case or mental mistakes) but his benching was not only his play.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    1,094
    I just keep remembering... When ever a TD pass was made... Colt, miami... Victor always had his hands spread out like as to say "what happened????" Or who messed up.....When you look at the replay.... It was him...

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    :ph34r: ok ok you read an article and now u are an expert on Reggie Tongue?????? Get real!!!

    He is a solid starting veteran safety......he is coming in a new defensive sheme......he is also working with some of the best DB coaches in the buisness and will be playing behind a decent defensive line and a linebacking corp that will be light years faster than last years.

    How can u make judgment when u never even saw the man play?

    He has been in the league for 8 years and has been a friggin starter in the NFL. You make it like he is the worst safety in football. Till yesterday you probably knew nothing about him!!!

    Please make more sense!!!!!

    Look at this Jets defense as a whole...we are getting younger experienced starting defensive players...we have a decent line...the defense will be more aggresive. Look at that before you place judgment.

    It's unreal to make assanine comments when you don't know squat about a player. I have seen Barrett play corner and the man is solid...good speed and a physical tackler...we get him and some say he sucked. Yet they never saw the kid play.

    HELLO!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!&# 33;

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    charlotte NC
    Posts
    4,639
    Originally posted by jetsfreak@Mar 23 2004, 01:16 PM
    :ph34r: ok ok you read an article and now u are an expert on Reggie Tongue?????? Get real!!!

    He is a solid starting veteran safety......he is coming in a new defensive sheme......he is also working with some of the best DB coaches in the buisness and will be playing behind a decent defensive line and a linebacking corp that will be light years faster than last years.

    How can u make judgment when u never even saw the man play?

    He has been in the league for 8 years and has been a friggin starter in the NFL. You make it like he is the worst safety in football. Till yesterday you probably knew nothing about him!!!

    Please make more sense!!!!!

    Look at this Jets defense as a whole...we are getting younger experienced starting defensive players...we have a decent line...the defense will be more aggresive. Look at that before you place judgment.

    It's unreal to make assanine comments when you don't know squat about a player. I have seen Barrett play corner and the man is solid...good speed and a physical tackler...we get him and some say he sucked. Yet they never saw the kid play.

    HELLO!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!&# 33;
    are you a family member or his agent ????




    just kiddin bro!!

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,367
    news flash:

    victor green was released from an already bad secondary for

    1. being old
    2. being slow

    contrary to popular belief, green has neither gotten younger or faster since he's left the jets

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,587
    I also saw Barrett the past couple of seasons. He will be a wonderful addition. He may be small, but he plays tough. He will win over the fans, eventually. Good signing.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,740
    Just what we need!! A player that is not disciplined!!! Not a great fit for Mr. Softy..

    BUT

    He should be a wonderful addition and will help immensely at the BBQ's. He will probably be a role model for the younger players..Show them how to cut corners and do as little as possible to just get by..

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,739
    Originally posted by ctjetfan@Mar 23 2004, 01:48 PM
    Just what we need!! A player that is not disciplined!!! Not a great fit for Mr. Softy..

    BUT

    He should be a wonderful addition and will help immensely at the BBQ's. He will probably be a role model for the younger players..Show them how to cut corners and do as little as possible to just get by..
    Suit up CTjetfan.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us