Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Manhattan Staduim

Undrafted Free Agent
    I know we will no longer be tailgaiting the same way we are all accustomed too, however a Staduim on the West Side will be a showplace for the NFL and it will attract Free Agents from all over.

Think about it, why would free agents come to NY, practice in Long Island at Hofstra, then take a bus to GIANTS staduim.

Save your dollars for the West SIde, because it's going to happen and it's going to be awesome.

Football in the Big City, are you kidding Think about it folks it's awesome.

All Pro
    Agreed...this is 2nd to winning the bowl as far as getting the Jets their rue own identity. We have a large and loyal fan base but we really do need our own home. The fact that it potentially looks like it could be the coolest home in the league in the capital of the Western world is pretty friggin cool. There will be so many events there all year round and they will see the green and white all over the stadium. I'm sick of the blue and red seats man!!

All Pro
    i don't think a new stadium will attarct new FAs - the teams commitement to winning and program and ofcourse the $$$ is what attarcts them

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

if i was a wealthy man, i'd be enjoying this a lot more than i am.

i'm saving my pennies now.. but this team has got to WIN! imagine the outcry when we're paying $125 for a nosebleed seat and we go 5-11~!!!!

All League
    Originally posted by Newtown Jets@Mar 24 2004, 12:44 PM
    I know we will no longer be tailgaiting the same way we are all accustomed too, however a Staduim on the West Side will be a showplace for the NFL and it will attract Free Agents from all over.

Think about it, why would free agents come to NY, practice in Long Island at Hofstra, then take a bus to GIANTS staduim.

Save your dollars for the West SIde, because it's going to happen and it's going to be awesome.

Football in the Big City, are you kidding Think about it folks it's awesome.
    Newtown, you mean - NO TAILGATING.

And I continue to repeat myself.
    They Played in the Polo Grounds (BRONX/GIANTS(Baseball))

They Played in Shea Stadium (QUEENS/METS)

They're Playing in Giants Stadium (EAST RUTHERFORD/GIANTS(Football))

THE JETS HAVE NEVER HAD THEIR OWN HOME SINCE THEIR INCEPTION IN 1960 AS THE TITANS!

Did it effect free agency since 1971?

NO!

Therefore, your statments have no merrit.

All Pro
    Originally posted by BaumerJet+Mar 24 2004, 01:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BaumerJet @ Mar 24 2004, 01:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Newtown Jets@Mar 24 2004, 12:44 PM

Save your dollars for the West SIde, because it&#39;s going to happen and it&#39;s going to be awesome.

Football in the Big City, are you kidding Think about it folks it&#39;s awesome.

They&#39;re Playing in Giants Stadium (EAST RUTHERFORD/GIANTS(Football))

THE JETS HAVE NEVER HAD THEIR OWN HOME SINCE THEIR INCEPTION IN 1960 AS THE TITANS&#33;

NO&#33;

[/b][/quote]
    it effected the perception of the Jets as 2nd class citizens. If you don&#39;t think not having your own stadium doesn&#39;t feed into this, you are crazy. Any person that comes in for a game from out of town, that is the first thing I hear. My wife is from Cincy and many friends and family say "That is like the Bengals playing in Browns stadium". When I hear it that way, it friggin sucks to think we don&#39;t have our OWN stadium.

JetsInsider.com Legend

THE JETS HAVE NEVER HAD THEIR OWN HOME SINCE THEIR INCEPTION IN 1960 AS THE TITANS&#33;

NO&#33;

One moment now.....

When the JETS played in the Polo Grounds and in Shea Stadium, they (the JETS) were the ONLY FOOTBALL team playing there. Sharing a stadium with a Baseball team does NOT mean yuo do not have your own home, it simply means you share with a different sport during other times of year.

Yes, there were drawbacks to the JETS not actually OWNING the stadiums they played in (Polo and Shea) but there is a HUGE difference between then and now.

NOW we play in the wrong State, in our most bitter rivals stadium. We have NO HOME now. We play 16 away games every year, like it or not. While I applaud all the NY and NJ (I have no problem with Jersey) fans who support the JETS in the Meadowlands (or GIANTS STADIUM as it&#39;s proper name is), the fact remains that the JETS need their own stadium, even if shared with a baseball team.

As for FA pickups, having own own stadium in New York City WILL make the JETS a better place to play. I am certainly not saying that FA;s will flock to us JUST for that reason, but having a "Urban Jewel" of a stadium in the Biggest City in the World WILL be a good thing for our team.

All Pro
    49ers at Candlestick
    Dolphins & Marlins
    Vikings / Twins
    Raiders / A&#39;s

don;t see a problem with these teams

All League
    Originally posted by Warfish@Mar 24 2004, 01:19 PM

NO&#33;

One moment now.....

When the JETS played in the Polo Grounds and in Shea Stadium, they (the JETS) were the ONLY FOOTBALL team playing there. Sharing a stadium with a Baseball team does NOT mean yuo do not have your own home, it simply means you share with a different sport during other times of year.

Yes, there were drawbacks to the JETS not actually OWNING the stadiums they played in (Polo and Shea) but there is a HUGE difference between then and now.

NOW we play in the wrong State, in our most bitter rivals stadium. We have NO HOME now. We play 16 away games every year, like it or not. While I applaud all the NY and NJ (I have no problem with Jersey) fans who support the JETS in the Meadowlands (or GIANTS STADIUM as it&#39;s proper name is), the fact remains that the JETS need their own stadium, even if shared with a baseball team.

As for FA pickups, having own own stadium in New York City WILL make the JETS a better place to play. I am certainly not saying that FA;s will flock to us JUST for that reason, but having a "Urban Jewel" of a stadium in the Biggest City in the World WILL be a good thing for our team.
    Wrong. it still means that your schedule is effected by the team that the city or state considers the actual home location.

At the polo grounds, we had to wait for the Giants season to end.

Up to 1970, we had to wait for the Mets to end their season just to get consecutive games in October, let alone September.

At Giants Stadium, that changed. Because both teams were NFL teams, the schedule was evenly matched so that BOTH teams would alternate the opening Weekend to start their season.

I still wait a stronger answer, A home is just wherever you lay your hat...

All Pro
    Originally posted by djaparz@Mar 24 2004, 01:19 PM
    49ers at Candlestick
    Dolphins & Marlins
    Vikings / Twins
    Raiders / A&#39;s

49ers playing at Raider stadium the last 20 years would not have been a good thing.

All Pro
    Originally posted by LesterLyles+Mar 24 2004, 01:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LesterLyles @ Mar 24 2004, 01:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--djaparz@Mar 24 2004, 01:19 PM
    49ers at Candlestick
    Dolphins & Marlins
    Vikings / Twins
    Raiders / A&#39;s

49ers playing at Raider stadium the last 20 years would not have been a good thing. [/b][/quote]
    does it matter - its 49ers fans in the seats not Raider fans

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Wrong. it still means that your schedule is effected by the team that the city or state considers the actual home location.
    Right, which is why I said:

Said difference being that we now play in our enemies Stadium, as opposed to a Baseball team.

I get it man. You live in New Jersey so you don&#39;t want the team to have it&#39;s own home because it&#39;s so close to you right now. Or perhaps getting drunk and stupid at the talgate is really why you like Giants stadium, since the new park won&#39;t have that. You clearly do not understand what having a HOME means, since you seem fine with playing in another teams stadium. You think that has no effect, on the team, the fans, the league.

Ironicly, we have numerous threads here lambasting the JETS for being "an embarassment to the League" because of our FO/Coach, yet when you look at the SINGLE MOST EMBARASSING Aspsct of the JEST Organization (Playing in someone elses home), some of you seem to have no problems.

OK, some example then:

Would it be ok for the METS to play in Yankee Stadium?

How about the Cubs in New Comiskey Park / U.S. Cellular Field (White Sox home)??

OK, here&#39;s a good one, how about the Packers playing in Miller park (Brewers Stadium)??

Nope, I don&#39;t think ANY of those would pass muster. Yet the JETS playing in GIANTS Stadum is ok with you. Pathetic.

THE JETS NEED A HOME, a place to be proud of, not just a random place to "lay their hat" as some seem to think.....

All Pro
    home field advantage comes from the team putting a good product on the field - it comes from winning, it comes from winning at home - It seems to me that the Jets where 1/2 of a football game away from the Super Bowl in 1998 and they lost only 1 home game that whole year at the Stadium named after our enemies as you put it

Our enemies are any team that we play or any team that can stop us from advancing (ie . NE was not our enemy vs Miami the last game of the season 2002 when we clinched the East) the ginats are our enemies when we play them - they are in a different friding Conference...

Banned
    i think the jets need their own stadium as well...and seriously i could care less about the tailgating...i have gone to a ton of football games in my life and not once tailgated...i park my car and immediatly walk into the stadium...if i want to drink or whatever while i watch a game, i would rather stay at home and do it...

All Pro
    Originally posted by yourworstmemory@Mar 24 2004, 02:40 PM
    i think the jets need their own stadium as well...and seriously i could care less about the tailgating...i have gone to a ton of football games in my life and not once tailgated...i park my car and immediatly walk into the stadium...if i want to drink or whatever while i watch a game, i would rather stay at home and do it...
    your right it should be your perogative... i have tailgated for the last 8 years i have my tickets 9 years - but i don;t drink at all - its all about choices on how to makeyou rgameday good

Undrafted Free Agent
    Originally posted by Warfish@Mar 24 2004, 01:58 PM
    Right, which is why I said:

Said difference being that we now play in our enemies Stadium, as opposed to a Baseball team.

I get it man. You live in New Jersey so you don&#39;t want the team to have it&#39;s own home because it&#39;s so close to you right now. Or perhaps getting drunk and stupid at the talgate is really why you like Giants stadium, since the new park won&#39;t have that. You clearly do not understand what having a HOME means, since you seem fine with playing in another teams stadium. You think that has no effect, on the team, the fans, the league.

Ironicly, we have numerous threads here lambasting the JETS for being "an embarassment to the League" because of our FO/Coach, yet when you look at the SINGLE MOST EMBARASSING Aspsct of the JEST Organization (Playing in someone elses home), some of you seem to have no problems.

OK, some example then:

Would it be ok for the METS to play in Yankee Stadium?

How about the Cubs in New Comiskey Park / U.S. Cellular Field (White Sox home)??

OK, here&#39;s a good one, how about the Packers playing in Miller park (Brewers Stadium)??

Nope, I don&#39;t think ANY of those would pass muster. Yet the JETS playing in GIANTS Stadum is ok with you. Pathetic.

THE JETS NEED A HOME, a place to be proud of, not just a random place to "lay their hat" as some seem to think.....
    Warfish,

Great Post, You get it, Baumer every post you made concerening this topic further proves my point, they need thier own home, no baseball, no other teams.

Maybe Monster Truck Racing in the Winter- Kidding

Baumer,

Considering the Titans/jets played in the Polo Grounds from 1960 through 1963 and that the Giants left NY for SF after 1958, I thik you might want to re think this arguement that we had to wait for the Giansts season to end.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

the free agents they could attract with there new stadium are sill in 1st grade right now.....its a long time before we play the first game in this new park.....

All Pro
    Originally posted by Newtown Jets@Mar 24 2004, 03:24 PM

actually wasn&#39;t there a few seasons that the Packers split some home games bewtween Lambuea and the old Brewers home???

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I have a couple of questions for the big fans of Having your own home

1. Are you currently season ticket holders?

2. Would you shell out &#036;10,000 per seat for a right to buy season tickets?