Thread: Who will step up?

Veteran
    I've read several posts with concerns about depth at the LB, CB, and OG positions. Are we sitting pretty or is it really that bad?

The LB position was the achillies heel of the defense this past season and now due to the departures of Marvin & Mo, the LB corps appears thin.

The team is counting on Hobson to take his game to the next level as a full time starter. From what I saw last season, I believe the kid is more than ready.

The signing of Barton will add a young experienced body to the mix. He's already penciled in as the starter and will be a significant improvement.

Cowart is penciled in as the starter in the middle, for now. I'm not sold on the concept, but we'll see what happens after the draft.

Jason Glenn is servicable, even productive. Just not consistent.

J. Abraham is a DE and will only play LB in a 3-4 and will more than likely be rushing the passer from an upright position.

With the lack of an impact player at LB, look for the Jets to snatch Vilma somewhere in the first round.

Are we that thin at CB? I don't think it's as bad as it seems.

D. Abraham is a solid CB.

Mickens is a solid nickel back.

McGraw has the potential, but he needs to stay healthy.

Henderson is another player that has shown he has the potential.

Maybe under the tuteledge of new DC Donnie Henderson; Barrett, McGraw, & Henderson will develope into solid players.

I&#39;ve already been over the OG situation a dozen times already. <_<

All League
    I think Dave Barrett is going to step up this year hes going to have..................
    83 tackles
    3ints
    12 passes defended

Practice Squad
    hobson is going ton have a good year and cowwart has to or hes out

All League
    yah hobson is going to do good also.

Banned
    not sold on hobson yet

Veteran
    I feel Moore, Hobson, McGraw, and Henderson will elevate their games next season.

Moore looks like a good fit at G. He&#39;s a tough, hard nosed type of player that you need in the trenches to move defenders off the LOS.

Can new DC Donnie Henderson work his magic with the secondary? It would be fantastic if McGraw would develope into the John Lynch mold. Can Henderson become the player we all hoped he would be? The guy can tackle and he&#39;s got great size for a CB. Will Hobson be the playmaker that we&#39;re lacking at the LB position?

If these players can take it up a notch and contribute, we&#39;ll have ourselves a contender&#33;

Rookie
    The whole defense will elevate there game this year along with Chris Baker at TE