Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS2 players

Rookie
    I figured it was time that I grew up and I have decided to throw away my playstation. I am having second thoughts. Any suggestions?

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by RblJet@Mar 30 2004, 10:50 AM
    I figured it was time that I grew up and I have decided to throw away my playstation. I am having second thoughts. Any suggestions?
    dude, thats your wife talking

Fight the Power

Veteran
    Seriously.

Grow a pair, keep your PS2.

What's the connection between PS2 and "growing up?" Just how old are you?

All Pro
    Personally, I hope never to grow up enough to want to get rid of my PS2. And I'm in my 4th decade of life on this planet!

Veteran
    not playing video games has nothing to do with growing up....if you aren't paying attention to your kid because you are playing Madden I guess you have issues though.

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    Originally posted by RblJet@Mar 30 2004, 02:50 PM
    What the hell does that have to do with growing up? Just how old are you? I would guess in the low to mid 20's??? You're at the age where you're in between. Growing up is taking care of your priorities first,...family, bills, etc.....so long as that stuff comes first PLAY AWAY. It's a great past time.

signed,

Dr. Phil

All Pro
    Originally posted by gmogmo@Mar 30 2004, 11:27 AM
    not playing video games has nothing to do with growing up....if you aren't paying attention to your kid because you are playing Madden I guess you have issues though.
    Personally, I just sit the baby on my knee and tell the missus that the little guy is helping me to call the plays!

TomShane
    If you give up PS2 you will start banging a porky 18-year old waitress down at Denny's and spending your paychecks at OTB. Your PS2 is your salvation. It keeps you home nights. Don't do it.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by TomShane@Mar 30 2004, 11:30 AM
    If you give up PS2 you will start banging a porky 18-year old waitress down at Denny's and spending your paychecks at OTB. Your PS2 is your salvation. It keeps you home nights. Don't do it.
    trust him on that one, it comes from the heart

TomShane
    Originally posted by Mean Bro Green+Mar 30 2004, 11:37 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mean Bro Green @ Mar 30 2004, 11:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--TomShane@Mar 30 2004, 11:30 AM
    If you give up PS2 you will start banging a porky 18-year old waitress down at Denny&#39;s and spending your paychecks at OTB. Your PS2 is your salvation. It keeps you home nights. Don&#39;t do it.
    trust him on that one, it comes from the heart [/b][/quote]
    Bet on "MoonShineSammy" in the 3rd at Belmont and never, EVER order a side of Hollandaise Sauce with your Grand Slam. Trust me on these two.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by TomShane+Mar 30 2004, 11:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TomShane @ Mar 30 2004, 11:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Mean Bro Green@Mar 30 2004, 11:37 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--TomShane
    @Mar 30 2004, 11:30 AM
    If you give up PS2 you will start banging a porky 18-year old waitress down at Denny&#39;s and spending your paychecks at OTB. Your PS2 is your salvation. It keeps you home nights. Don&#39;t do it.

trust him on that one, it comes from the heart
    Bet on "MoonShineSammy" in the 3rd at Belmont and never, EVER order a side of Hollandaise Sauce with your Grand Slam. Trust me on these two. [/b][/quote]
    unless you want to add a little flava to your grand slam

Banned
    Originally posted by RblJet@Mar 30 2004, 09:50 AM
    ARE YOU NUTS? Ok lemme fill you in on some stuff....when you are married, with kids...there is very little "me" time. You are constantly going from work, to wife to kids that you neglect yourself. The PS2 allows for the little escapism that keep most of us sane. In order to lead a productive life we need some time to ourselves..whether its reading a book, the newspaper or the PS2. Dont ditch the PS2 because you think its an immature contraption....because its not. When you play madden for example, you call plays as if you were a real coach...you compete against someone, whether online, the cpu or someone there. You actually allow yourself time away from bills, mortgage, nagging, crying, whining and all the crap news on tv. Ditch the PS2 and you will regret it....

LL

Veteran
    Lost: One set of testicles.

In good shape, rarely used, like new&#33; Last seen in wife&#39;s clinched fist.

If found, please return to RblJet at JetsInsider.com.

Thank you.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Big Al NYC@Mar 30 2004, 12:39 PM

In good shape, rarely used, like new&#33; Last seen in wife&#39;s clinched fist.

Thank you.
    ouch

Banned
    Originally posted by Big Al NYC@Mar 30 2004, 11:39 AM

Thank you.
    WOW..BIG AL LAYING DOWN THE SMACK&#33;

LL

Veteran
    Originally posted by latinlawyer@Mar 30 2004, 12:45 PM
    WOW..BIG AL LAYING DOWN THE SMACK&#33;
    I know it&#39;s harsh, but if I was thinking of getting rid of my PS2, I hope that my friends would chime in and bust my stones big time, smack a little sense into me&#33;

Rookie
    Ok "fellas" I asked for advice, not where my testicles are at. I&#39;m 30, married and no kids. Basically I realized I&#39;m not working out as much and not getting enough work done. That&#39;s the reason. Yeah, PS2 offers an escape, but so does a bar with your friends and the gym.

Banned
    Originally posted by RblJet@Mar 30 2004, 11:51 AM
    Ok "fellas" I asked for advice, not where my testicles are at. I&#39;m 30, married and no kids. Basically I realized I&#39;m not working out as much and not getting enough work done. That&#39;s the reason. Yeah, PS2 offers an escape, but so does a bar with your friends and the gym.
    RBL, you know we are just kidding. Look I would advise the Gym over the bar....less weight. Also, keep your ps2...there maybe times when its raining and you want to stay in..if you have madden ...let me know..we can play a few games...

LL

JetsInsider.com Legend
    if you said you wanted 2 quit PS2 so you could spend time with your kid or build a boat thats one thing...

however at the end of the day while PS2 isnt exactly productive, neither is an evening at the bar.. plus Ps2 leaves you less dehydrated

yeah im sure ill give up Ps2 one day... when Ps3 comes out&#33;

Veteran
    DON&#39;T THROW IT OUT &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

i&#39;ll give you 20 bucks for it.