Thread: would a teteverde for allen trade work capwise

Waterboy
    I am just curious we are both going to take a cap hit in releasing testeverde and the boys releasing larry allen. I wonder if there cap numbers are similar. there has been talks of vinny being reunited with tuna. This may be a way to do it so we get something for him instead of dead cap space. I know that vinny has a big contact, so does larry allen. I am not sure of the exact numbers, but maybe a person good with the cap can tell me if this is feasable. It would get both teams help. For some reason dallas seems to want vinny and we could sure us another o lineman. I would think that larry allen could be servicable, and may benefit from a change of scenerey. It was clear that he did not get along with parcells.

What is everyones opinion.

I am new to the board but a long time reader. I normally post on jets addicts.

It is good to be a jet fan this offseason. I like a lot of what they have done this offseason. If nothing else we have gotten younger and faster. Two things we lacked on defense last year. Plus I think we got a receiver with great upside that will build a great repore with penny. Overall I am pleased by what the Jets have done.

I would like to see a corner or LB taken in the 1st round. Unless a surprise falls in our lap ie. taylor or one of the big 3 receivers. Or winslow.

If we are to take lb or corner I am hoping that it will be later in the first round after a trade that nets us a 2nd rounder.

Hall Of Fame
    neither team would want the player at their current price, aside from that the numbers would probably be similar, but Vinny will not be on any team for 2 yeras 7.5 million, guarantee you that

Banned
    No way that the cowboys take a cap hit for vinny

LL

Waterboy
    why would dallas not do this, the cap hit they take for allen being released is enormus. At least the y would get a player out of the deal instead of dead money.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by shrek34@Apr 7 2004, 10:49 AM
    why would dallas not do this, the cap hit they take for allen being released is enormus. At least the y would get a player out of the deal instead of dead money.
    give us the numbers, what exactly is the hit???

All League
    If we trade/release him prior to June 1, 2004 - We take a full cap hit on his salary + Bonuses.

We release him on June 1, 2004 = we take a cap hit ONLY on his BONUSES.

Therefore - We release him on June 1, 2004 - He retires June 2, 2004...

Originally posted by latinlawyer@Apr 7 2004, 10:44 AM
    No way that the cowboys take a cap hit for vinny

LL
    I agree 100%, LL. There is simply no good reason to do so.
    *Nobody give me the whole "mentor" thing for Henson and Quincy - dont wanna hear it.

Both teams would take the cap hit as though they had cut their player and would only be responsible for the salary of the new player.

Dallas woold only have to pay Vinny $ 1 mil (unless he takes more than 40% of the snaps) but we would have to pay Allen some serious $. Both teams would also take a cap hit so the trade would happen after 6.1 if at all.