Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Husbands of the World Rejoice!

Hall Of Fame
    Man, once my wife finds out that I am only trying to remain cancer-free, my batting average is sure to go up, right? :lol: :lol:

Prostate Cancer

Once a day keeps prostate cancer away?
    Study: Frequent ejaculations may protect against disease

Updated: 4:00 p.m. ET April 06, 2004:

Sexual activity does not cause prostate cancer, and men who ejaculate frequently may even be protecting themselves against the disease, U.S. researchers reported on Tuesday.

The study, which involved more than 29,000 healthy men and covered sex of all kinds including masturbation and nocturnal emissions, confirms a smaller Australian study from last July that reached similar conclusions, the authors said.

Most of the previous research into the question was on whether sexual frequency caused prostate cancer, on the theory that increased production of the male hormone testosterone could prompt prostate cell growth, the study’s chief author, Michael Leitzmann, said in an interview.

Frequency may protect
    But the new research found that “ejaculation frequency is not related to an increased risk. There is no adverse effect. And ... higher elevations of ejaculation appear to protect men from developing prostate cancer,” said Leitzmann, a physician and investigator at the National Cancer Institute.

Test yourself

• What's your risk for prostate cancer?

The study suggested that frequent ejaculations may decrease the concentration of “chemical carcinogens which readily accumulate in prostatic fluid” and may reduce the development of crystalloids “which have been associated with prostate cancer in some.”

The prostate is a small gland that produces some of the fluid for semen. Prostate cancer is the second most common kind of cancer (after skin cancer) diagnosed among U.S. men, and is highly survivable if caught in time.

'Flush the ducts'
    The new study, published in this week’s Journal of the American Medical Association, was based on an ongoing survey covering a variety of health issues of thousands of men who were 40 to 75 when the study began in 1986. In 1992 they were asked to report the average number of ejaculations they had per month during ages 20 to 29, 40 to 49 and during the previous year. In later surveys they were asked to report if they had been diagnosed with prostate cancer.

The earlier Australian study published in July 2003 by the Cancer Council Victoria found that the more often men ejaculated between the ages of 20 and 50, the less likely they were to suffer from prostate cancer.

That survey, which covered 1,079 prostate cancer patients and 1,259 healthy men, found that those who had sex at least once a day in their 20s were a third less likely to develop the malady.

“The more you flush the ducts out, the less there is to hang around and damage the cells that line them,” Graham Giles, lead author of the earlier study said at the time.

All Pro
    i am screwed - lol

TomShane
    WOuld somebody please read this at my wake, which, according to this article, will be relatively soon?

DEATH be not proud, though some have called thee

Mighty and dreadfull, for, thou art not so,

For, those, whom thou think'st, thou dost overthrow,

Die not, poore death, nor yet canst thou kill me.

From rest and sleepe, which but thy pictures bee,

Much pleasure, then from thee, much more must flow,

And soonest our best men with thee doe goe,

Rest of their bones, and soules deliverie.

Thou art slave to Fate, Chance, kings, and desperate men,

And dost with poyson, warre, and sicknesse dwell,

And poppie, or charmes can make us sleepe as well,

And better then thy stroake; why swell'st thou then;

One short sleepe past, wee wake eternally,

And death shall be no more; death, thou shalt die.

~John Donne

Hall Of Fame
    I've heard that this report/study is total BS, but I'm not telling my wife that.

All Pro
    I always suspected my wife was trying to kill me...

All League
    "FLUSH THE DUCTS"
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Originally posted by TomShane@Apr 7 2004, 12:15 PM
    WOuld somebody please read this at my wake, which, according to this article, will be relatively soon?

Tom,

We were thinking more along the lines of a musical tribute at your funeral followed by a tailgate party & pick-up football game at the cemetary.

Let's open you services with a little Stevie VanZant..............if the house is a rockin, don't bother knockin............... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Veteran
    Originally posted by Limolady+Apr 7 2004, 11:59 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Limolady @ Apr 7 2004, 11:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--TomShane@Apr 7 2004, 12:15 PM

Tom,

We were thinking more along the lines of a musical tribute at your funeral followed by a tailgate party & pick-up football game at the cemetary.

Let&#39;s open you services with a little Stevie VanZant..............if the house is a rockin, don&#39;t bother knockin............... :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Me and Max will do the eulogy. We&#39;re his biggest fans.

And, we&#39;ll invite Terry and Herm to come and spit on his grave.

All Pro
    your tombstone can read

HERE LIES TOM SHANE
    HE DIED "PREMATURELY" -lol

TomShane
    And, we&#39;ll invite Terry and Herm to come and spit on his grave.
    HA&#33; I&#39;ll be as dead as their careers&#33;

LIMO&#33; LOL&#33; If you guys are going to tailgate at my funeral, poor some brews on me and let me be the long snapper&#33;

You ladies are too much&#33; :lol:

I told my wife about this study. Her Response "go screw yourself; literally" :o

All Pro
    Originally posted by chiefst2000@Apr 7 2004, 01:11 PM
    I told my wife about this study. Her Response "go screw yourself; literally" :o
    hey atleast that is a start&#33;&#33;&#33;

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl+Apr 7 2004, 02:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gang Green Girl @ Apr 7 2004, 02:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Limolady@Apr 7 2004, 11:59 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--TomShane
    @Apr 7 2004, 12:15 PM

Tom,

Let&#39;s open you services with a little Stevie VanZant..............if the house is a rockin, don&#39;t bother knockin............... :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Me and Max will do the eulogy. We&#39;re his biggest fans.

And, we&#39;ll invite Terry and Herm to come and spit on his grave. [/b][/quote]
    I think Terry and Herm have too much class to do something like that, but if Tom&#39;s grave happens to be across that "mock 50 yard line" for the pick-up game..........

TomShane
    I want to be buried in the end zone of the Jets new Manhattan stadium. I&#39;ll try to hold on (translation: masturbate) until then&#33;

That way, as long as Herm is the HC and Paul Hackett is the OC, I know that I won&#39;t be getting stepped on by any Jets&#33; HA&#33;

All Pro
    all you have to is buried right by the firts down markers - the WRs will stop 2 yards shy of you

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Originally posted by djaparz@Apr 7 2004, 02:10 PM
    your tombstone can read

HERE LIES TOM SHANE
    How about:

Here Lies Brother Tom Shane,
    Lived His Life Like A Hurricane,
    Loved His Football and The NY Jets,
    Loved His Women and Husker&#39;s Pets,
    So Don&#39;t Feel Sorry for this Poor Guy,
    Who gave a whole new meaning to the Stiff One Eye&#33; :lol:

All Pro
    awww COME ON&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

All Pro
    damn Ron Jeremy probably never would need a prostate exam&#33;&#33;&#33;

Veteran
    Originally posted by Limolady+Apr 7 2004, 01:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Limolady @ Apr 7 2004, 01:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--djaparz@Apr 7 2004, 02:10 PM
    your tombstone can read

HERE LIES TOM SHANE
    How about:

Here Lies Brother Tom Shane,
    Lived His Life Like A Hurricane,
    Loved His Football and The NY Jets,
    Loved His Women and Husker&#39;s Pets,
    So Don&#39;t Feel Sorry for this Poor Guy,
    Who gave a whole new meaning to the Stiff One Eye&#33; :lol: [/b][/quote]
    PERFECT&#33;

All Pro
    tom don;t worry i heard that a drug for premature ejac will be COMING QUICKLY&#33;&#33;&#33;