Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about AWAY game travel plans..

Hall Of Fame
    I want to attend the St.Louis Ram game this year and I know a lot of you travel to each away game, will anyone be attending this game, and I know you guys setup hotels and travel, but I live down in FL not in NY/NJ could something still be setup for myself.

Thanks.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Iwon`t be attending that game ,i`ll be going to SANDIEGO ,MIAMI &CLEVELAND. Most here will probobly be split between going to ARIZONA&THE DIEGO GAME,once the dates become avail .hopefully in the next week book the flight airfares have no where to go but up with riseing fuel prices for the summer ,take a little longer finding hotels use hotwire ,orbitz or hotels dot come ,wait to see others who are staying in the same hotel ,game tickets ,singles usually go on sale in july when avail. , opposing team websites or sites like open seats. com are good for tickets ,there`s nothing like a good road game ,Irecomend the diego game this year ,it was a blast there 2 years ago.

Hall Of Fame
    Well I try to make it to one home game a yr if I could, missed out last year, went to the Packer game the year before which was amazing.

Reason for St.Louis, a friend of mine is a big Ram fan and we thought it would be cool. Since I am down in FL I'll be attending the Miami game this year for sure.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    As JoiseyJet stated, EVERYTHING depends upon the schedule. Nobody wants to do a Sept/Oct game in Florida or Arizona. We are hoping the Nov/Dec games will be in the warm weather states which will make the away trips worthwhile (if God forbid, we are losing :o )!

I know San Diego is a definite, but St. Louis may be a little tough. We are going to handle group accomodations, game tickets and a Jets VIP Party the night before the game - everyone is on their own with flights. Since we have 3 major airports right here - JFK, LaGuardia and Newark, trying to do group flights is also tough to organize.

Hall Of Fame
    Thanks for the response LL, I guess I'll just wait till the schedule is released so I could find some stuff out.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Originally posted by Jet Addict SouthFL@Apr 8 2004, 05:54 PM
    Thanks for the response LL, I guess I'll just wait till the schedule is released so I could find some stuff out.
    Absolutley, and I could use your help and suggestions with the Miami trip, if we play the phish in December, thanks.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Limolady+Apr 8 2004, 04:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Limolady @ Apr 8 2004, 04:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jet Addict SouthFL@Apr 8 2004, 05:54 PM
    Thanks for the response LL, I guess I&#39;ll just wait till the schedule is released so I could find some stuff out.
    Absolutley, and I could use your help and suggestions with the Miami trip, if we play the phish in December, thanks. [/b][/quote]
    This past season I actually went to the hotel where the Jets were staying, hung out there all day, which was pretty cool. I know most people who come down for the game stay in Ft.Lauderdale @ the beach. I know you guys are hoping for another December Miami game, I am not, I&#39;m hoping October, I hate waiting for this game.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

It`s hot enough in NOV. AND DEC. for the MIAMI game ,SEPT. or OCT. would be brutal.... but of course i`d have to go anyway , All JET fans are required to make the pilmigrage to MIAMI once in their life ,most of us do it every year...lol ps. have you any hotels in mind SUE for S.D, I`ve already been checking out some of the downtown GASLAMP area ones

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by joiseyjet@Apr 8 2004, 05:09 PM
    It`s hot enough in NOV. AND DEC. for the MIAMI game ,SEPT. or OCT. would be brutal.... but of course i`d have to go anyway , All JET fans are required to make the pilmigrage to MIAMI once in their life ,most of us do it every year...lol ps. have you any hotels in mind SUE for S.D, I`ve already been checking out some of the downtown GASLAMP area ones
    and we will be waiting for you again this year Chris..

Can&#39;t wait for San Diego..gonna hit your 2nd home on the way, 2 nights in Vegas..
    ROLLING THEM BONES.....

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Originally posted by jetfan13@Apr 8 2004, 05:13 PM
    [Can&#39;t wait for San Diego..gonna hit your 2nd home on the way, 2 nights in Vegas..
    ROLLING THEM BONES.....
    Thats my plan also fly into VEGAS arrive at MANDALAYBAY about noon time on wed, then fly into S.D. about noon on fri. afternoon & back to NJ mon. morning ,I`m pulling for NOV.14TH hoping to get veterens day in there..

Hey JASF...I&#39;m going to the Jets-Rams game this season in St Louis. Unfortunately for me, I&#39;ll also be with Ram people (from Los Angeles) on the trip. Once the league announces dates, we&#39;ll hook up and make some plans.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Originally posted by joiseyjet@Apr 8 2004, 06:09 PM
    ps. have you any hotels in mind SUE for S.D, I`ve already been checking out some of the downtown GASLAMP area ones
    Great Joisey, we&#39;ll chat about that.

I just want to keep the hotel as close to the stadium as possible so that the people who want to go home after the game can pick up their luggage and head for the airport without a hassle. B)

I&#39;ll buzz ya soon, hope all is well.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Baddniss@Apr 9 2004, 01:06 AM
    Hey JASF...I&#39;m going to the Jets-Rams game this season in St Louis. Unfortunately for me, I&#39;ll also be with Ram people (from Los Angeles) on the trip. Once the league announces dates, we&#39;ll hook up and make some plans.
    You got it.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

LL, the Gaslamp Qtr(downtown) is a must for the hotel locale. It&#39;s about 30mins by street car or 20mins driving to the Quallcom Stadium @ Jack Murphy Field. If anyone wants to get on a plane right after the game, the airport is between the Q & Gaslamp. Personally, I&#39;ll need another night at Maloney&#39;s before I ship out.

SD is a definite, with Az and Miami depending on the weather, both here and there. I&#39;ve never been to St. Louis, so that&#39;s also possible if the others are too early in the season.

Veteran
    Tom, what&#39;s the name of the hotel we stayed at last time?

Dick&#39;s Last Resort has to be the spot to hang out.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Apr 9 2004, 12:22 PM
    LL, the Gaslamp Qtr(downtown) is a must for the hotel locale. It&#39;s about 30mins by street car or 20mins driving to the Quallcom Stadium @ Jack Murphy Field. If anyone wants to get on a plane right after the game, the airport is between the Q & Gaslamp. Personally, I&#39;ll need another night at Maloney&#39;s before I ship out.

SD is a definite, with Az and Miami depending on the weather, both here and there. I&#39;ve never been to St. Louis, so that&#39;s also possible if the others are too early in the season.
    Unless folks are going to rent cars, we have to take into consideration what they will do with their luggage on Sunday. You certainly don&#39;t want to take it with you to the stadium?

But if the hotels are only 1/2 hour from the stadium, it shouldn&#39;t be a problem, I hope.

Dick&#39;s Last Resort sounds like a fine place for the Saturday night "VIP Party" too, forward me the information NYJ310 and I&#39;ll call them to see what kind of deal/break they can give us too. B)

Veteran
    Originally posted by Limolady@Apr 9 2004, 01:39 PM

Dick&#39;s Last Resort sounds like a fine place for the Saturday night "VIP Party" too, forward me the information NYJ310 and I&#39;ll call them to see what kind of deal/break they can give us too. B)
    LL, we just started a thread last time of a place to meet and we chose Dick&#39;s. We didn&#39;t have to make reservations or anything. It was a huge success&#33; There were tons of Jets fans all over the bar area and outside patio.

Veteran
    Here&#39;s the web site,

http://www.dickslastresort.com/

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Originally posted by NYJ310+Apr 9 2004, 12:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NYJ310 @ Apr 9 2004, 12:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Limolady@Apr 9 2004, 01:39 PM

LL, we just started a thread last time of a place to meet and we chose Dick&#39;s. We didn&#39;t have to make reservations or anything. It was a huge success&#33; There were tons of Jets fans all over the bar area and outside patio. [/b][/quote]
    Sounds like a great plan sweetie, but if we give them advance notice and an approximate head count, could we try to get a discount on food and drinks for everyone?

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

There is a VIP area, down in the pit in front of the stage, where joisey was boogeying with those 2 blondes...