Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Klitschko vs. Sanders

Hall Of Fame
    thoughts on the Klitschko fight????

he didn't look overly impressive but Sanders is one tough SOB, that man kept coming forward late in the fight and took an absolute beating and never looked hurt badly, and still had a dangerous left late in the fight

not a great fight but it was entertaining somewhat, if nothing else even though the HW division is weak I at least would like to see a unified belt

Klitschko needs to rematch Byrd then have the winner fight Ruiz and Brewster as well

Veteran
    I'm at least semi interested in the heavyweights again....would love to see Vitali fight someone legit.

All Pro
    I didnt see the fight, but one stat jumps out at me:

Klitschko connected on more punches (230) than Sanders threw (229)

Maxman
    My thoughts...

1. Sanders should have trained.
    2. Sanders can take a punch man. That guy refused to go down and he got hit hard and often.
    3. Klitschko is not a Great Heavyweight. He needs to gain some weight and get stronger.
    4. That was a great fight though...no grabbing...some rounds were all out brawls.

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    That was by far one of the better fights I've seen in a long long time. That Sanders is a dangerous man. Bruised and badly battered, his left was still a factor.
    Gotta tell you though, Vitaly has a chin. There's no question about that. Sanders hit him soilidly a few times and Vitaly was never seriously hurt. You know his brother would have dropped from the wake of the punch let alone a connect. Knowing what we know now, Vladimir never had a chance when he fought Sanders. It wasn't an upset at all. Vladimir didn't have a prayer.
    But again, that was a great fight Saturday. I was looking forward to it and was not dissapointed. Think I'll watch it again tonight on HBO on demand! WHAT A FIGHT!

Rookie
    Tyson can KO any of those bums, this is the weakest HW group of all-time.

Roy can beat those guys also, probably not KO, but easily out-box.

Practice Squad
    Vitale, is not the best heavyweight champ, he has flaws, but he will beat any heavyweight in the top ten right now. Tyson is done! stop bringing him up. It is to bad Vitale's brother has no heart, because he has more skills than Vitale.

Maxman
    Originally posted by white lightning@Apr 26 2004, 05:31 PM
    Vitale, is not the best heavyweight champ, he has flaws, but he will beat any heavyweight in the top ten right now. Tyson is done! stop bringing him up. It is to bad Vitale's brother has no heart, because he has more skills than Vitale.
    I have rooted for Tyson for ages but he is done for sure. He was on the radio the other day (ESPN) and said that he has talked to Roy Jones Jr about fighting him.

What could have been.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by white lightning@Apr 26 2004, 05:31 PM
    Vladimir leads with that left hook and jab and it feroocious

too bad he cant take what he dishes out

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Maxman+Apr 26 2004, 05:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maxman @ Apr 26 2004, 05:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--white lightning@Apr 26 2004, 05:31 PM
    Vitale, is not the best heavyweight champ, he has flaws, but he will beat any heavyweight in the top ten right now. Tyson is done&#33; stop bringing him up. It is to bad Vitale&#39;s brother has no heart, because he has more skills than Vitale.
    I have rooted for Tyson for ages but he is done for sure. He was on the radio the other day (ESPN) and said that he has talked to Roy Jones Jr about fighting him.

What could have been. [/b][/quote]
    Tyson signed on with K1

will fight this summer

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    Originally posted by Mean Bro Green+Apr 26 2004, 10:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mean Bro Green @ Apr 26 2004, 10:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Maxman@Apr 26 2004, 05:57 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--white lightning
    @Apr 26 2004, 05:31 PM
    Vitale, is not the best heavyweight champ, he has flaws, but he will beat any heavyweight in the top ten right now. Tyson is done&#33; stop bringing him up. It is to bad Vitale&#39;s brother has no heart, because he has more skills than Vitale.

What could have been.
    Tyson signed on with K1

will fight this summer [/b][/quote]
    K-1. What&#39;s that? Is that like Ultimate fighting challenge? I think Francois Botha and shannon Briggs (past HW contenders) are fighting eachother soon.
    Tyson will be an animal in the ring.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2+Apr 27 2004, 10:00 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2 @ Apr 27 2004, 10:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Mean Bro Green@Apr 26 2004, 10:37 PM
    Originally posted by -Maxman@Apr 26 2004, 05:57 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--white lightning
    @Apr 26 2004, 05:31 PM

What could have been.

Tyson signed on with K1

will fight this summer
    K-1. What&#39;s that? Is that like Ultimate fighting challenge? I think Francois Botha and shannon Briggs (past HW contenders) are fighting eachother soon.
    Tyson will be an animal in the ring. [/b][/quote]
    K1 is boxing/kickboxing in a ring and yes Briggs and Botha are fighting in the next K1 event, but not each other

Veteran
    I hear Baby Joe Mesi and Tyson are talkinga bout fighting in November...

That would be a sweet fight. Mesi really can slug, but i worry about his chin, lack of defense, and lack of competition. Tyson still packs a powerful punch as well.

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    How do you think Tyson will do in that type of fighting? Those guys are pretty bad dudes. Damn. I think his boxing skills will help tremendously because most of those guys can&#39;t box that well. Although Tyson is out of &#39;contender&#39; shape, his boxing skills will still be far better than the others he fights. Couple that with his ferocity and lust for blood and that will be a fight that I WILL HAVE TO SEE.

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    Originally posted by JetsFutureGM@Apr 27 2004, 02:08 PM

That would be a sweet fight. Mesi really can slug, but i worry about his chin, lack of defense, and lack of competition. Tyson still packs a powerful punch as well.
    Did you see Baby Joe and that russian dude fight last month? That was a great fight&#33; Baby Joe has lacked quality opponents. I saw him a few times on ESPN fight nights and he always fought bums. Tyson is done though. In Tyson&#39;s prime Baby Joe wouldn&#39;t have had a chance at getting out of the 1st round. But now, Baby Joe would probably win.
    Think about it, Tyson&#39;s been around for almost 20 years&#33;&#33; That&#39;s a long time for a boxer to stick around. He was once great but he is now soooo done.

Veteran
    Originally posted by DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2+Apr 27 2004, 10:20 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2 @ Apr 27 2004, 10:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JetsFutureGM@Apr 27 2004, 02:08 PM

Did you see Baby Joe and that russian dude fight last month? That was a great fight&#33; Baby Joe has lacked quality opponents. I saw him a few times on ESPN fight nights and he always fought bums. Tyson is done though. In Tyson&#39;s prime Baby Joe wouldn&#39;t have had a chance at getting out of the 1st round. But now, Baby Joe would probably win.
    Think about it, Tyson&#39;s been around for almost 20 years&#33;&#33; That&#39;s a long time for a boxer to stick around. He was once great but he is now soooo done. [/b][/quote]
    I like Baby Joe, but im still not sure if he would beat tyson. Baby Joe was knocked to the canvas three times in that fight, if i remember correctly and still won&#33; He said he learned alot from that fight, lets hope so.

Tyson is done, but he can still put on a decent show against someone like baby joe

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by JetsFutureGM+Apr 27 2004, 10:43 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JetsFutureGM @ Apr 27 2004, 10:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2@Apr 27 2004, 10:20 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--JetsFutureGM
    @Apr 27 2004, 02:08 PM

Think about it, Tyson&#39;s been around for almost 20 years&#33;&#33; That&#39;s a long time for a boxer to stick around. He was once great but he is now soooo done.
    I like Baby Joe, but im still not sure if he would beat tyson. Baby Joe was knocked to the canvas three times in that fight, if i remember correctly and still won&#33; He said he learned alot from that fight, lets hope so.

Tyson is done, but he can still put on a decent show against someone like baby joe [/b][/quote]
    Baby Joe was supposed to learn alot from his previous fight where he got knocked on his ass and barely held on in the tenth to win that fight, 30 secs more and he was KO&#39;d

obviously he didn&#39;t learn squat, 1 more round with this guy and he too would have been toast

the man is a straight bum, with a less than suspect chin, its no longer suspect after being dropped his last two fights, the man wouldn&#39;t beat Klitschko and probably would get knocked out by Brewster too, with his size disadvantage he probably couldn&#39;t get past Ruiz either

as Jon E said he&#39;s a tomato can&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&# 33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    be on the lookout on the pacquio undercard

the next great welterweight champion Miquel Cotto will be fighting, catch him now before he&#39;s unified champ, the kid will be the next great puerto rican champ and has potential to be better than Trinidad ever was&#33;&#33;

Rookie
    Maxman,

You seem to be the only reasonable boxing expert on the board.

a) The fight was sanders to lose. I was amazed at the punishment he took. too many on this board want to see a brawl, not a boxing match. It was just pathetic, seeing corey take that kind of punishment.

B) the klitcho(sp) brothers SUCK. Anyone else that says otherwise doesn&#39;t watch the sport. They are awkward and can&#39;t take a punch.

c) Tyson with knock them both out in 2 rounds. Neither has an effective jab, they take hits everytime they throw one. They can&#39;t use their shoulders to absorb /Deflect blows.

d) They are your standard Euro heavy weights (Not Lennox). They tend to stand square to the opponent.

e) The brothers only defensive move is to hold.

the worst fight of the year, with the exclusion of all John Ruiz fights. That guy really sucks. He is Clown Shoes.

The only heavy weight that impresses me right now is Byrd, he is just magnificent in the ring. It is just unfortunate that he has no real power behind his punches. If he did, he would be the heir apparent. As of right now, I think Tyson could take the titles again,

in ENDING.

[B][SIZE=4]TYSON HITS H A R D

Banned
    If Sanders would have trained for the fight, he would have beat Klichko to a pulp with that Left hand of his. He rocked Klichko a few times with that in the fight..........but some people just dont care enough, oh well.