Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock NFL Draft 2004 discussion

Veteran
    Ok, this will be the official thread for all news/discussion/opinions for the draft, please don't use the draft thread (not made yet) for discussion. I've decided to start tommorrow or Wednesday, whatever the majority wants. For those of you that have forgot about the draft I'll just run through all the rules again.

~ The draft will be 34 rounds, and these positions will need to be choosen:
    1 HC , 1 OC , 1 DC , 1 STC , 1 GM

2 QB's , 2 RB's , 1 FB , 3 WR's , 1 TE , 5 OL

2 DE's , 2 DT's , 3 LB's , 1 FS & SS , 3 CB's

1 K , 1 P , 1 KR

~ I'll choose the draft order in a little bit, I've decided to just draw the names out of a hat instead of by posts or when you joined. (the draft will be in the snake style, I'll just assume you know what I mean)

~ Each person has ten hours to make their pick, (for example JonEJet picks his player at 8:40 am then YoungJetsFan is on the board and has until 6:40 pm to make his pick ).

~ If the person does not pick within the ten hour limit then his turn is skipped and the draft moves to the next person. (whoever missed their pick can jump in at any time and make their selection)

~ If the person misses two picks in a row then it's the same rule as before except they are only allowed to jump in with one pick at a time, (for example JonEJet misses his 2nd and 3rd round picks, he can only jump in at any time and make his 3rd round selection; he will have to wait until his 4th round selection to take his 2nd round pick).

~ If someone misses three picks during the draft then they will be replaced, this was only a tiny problem last year and only happened once.

- suggestion - if you know you won't be around to make your pick, PM it to someone that can post it for you while your away.

~ You can have your team run a 3-4 or 4-3 defense, just remember that if you draft 4 linebackers you only get to draft 3 lineman and vice versa; some people wait until they see who is left on the board .

~ Your coaching staff does not have to be assigned by their real life postions (for example you can have Brian Billick as your DC even though he is really a HC)

~ There will be no points involved, the draft is just for some amusement during the long offseason, and to get to know some players you never heard of from GJ&H .

~ Here's the list of people that are in the draft, even though they should already know this ...

BuffaloROcker36
    exiledinjersey
    GJ&H
    JonEJet
    nyjet80
    YoungJetsFan
    Jetlag
    TheBrodyMan
    TomShane
    Shadetree

~ I think that covers just about everything, post any questions or suggestions you have.

Veteran
    I WANTED TO BE IN!

how would you score a coach?

Veteran
    All right, I now have the draft order:

1 - YoungJetsFan
    2 - GJ&H
    3 - Shadetree
    4 - exiledinjersey
    5 - BuffaloROcker36
    6 - Jetlag
    7 - nyjet80
    8 - TomShane
    9 - JonEJet
    10 - TheBrodyMan

- waiting list -
    The Chad
    SyracuseJet
    Destroyer of Senses

You might want to reconsider that 10 hour time limit. If you have any absentee GMs it would really slow down your draft.

Veteran
    James Hasty
    You might want to reconsider that 10 hour time limit. If you have any absentee GMs it would really slow down your draft.
    It seems like a long time but it actually worked pretty well last year, there were some times where things slowed down but it didn't matter much because, well... it's a long offseason .

Veteran
    CAN I GET IN?!?!? :blink:

Veteran
    The Chad
    CAN I GET IN?!?!?
    Sadly there's only ten people in the draft and it's filled up, but I'll make a waiting list in case anyone drops out.

All League
    I'd like to be on the waiting list as well.

Practice Squad
    Wednesday is better for me, school and work leave a small window of opportunity tomorrow so theres my vote

Banned
    *EDIT* Nevermind. Why only ten people? With a talent pool that large?

Veteran
    I'm starting to worry, nobody that's actually in the draft is responding :unsure: .

Banned
    Originally posted by nyjet80@Apr 26 2004, 06:48 PM
    I'm starting to worry, nobody that's actually in the draft is responding :unsure: .
    Why put off for tomorrow what you can do today ... let's get this party started right now

Veteran
    Green Jets & Ham
    Why put off for tomorrow what you can do today ... let's get this party started right now
    Don't worry, it will be the 15th round soon enough and you'll be taking players like Kris Jenkins who most people didn't even know last year .

~ On another note I guess it looks like the draft will start on Wednesday because of the low response today.

Rookie
    80, Wednesday is fine. I might be away from the PC for a chunk of the day, but I will PM you my 1st round choice with at least 3 backups I think I pick in slot 4 so that should help keep it moving.

All Pro
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Apr 26 2004, 06:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Apr 26 2004, 06:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--nyjet80@Apr 26 2004, 06:48 PM
    I&#39;m starting to worry, nobody that&#39;s actually in the draft is responding :unsure: .
    Why put off for tomorrow what you can do today ... let&#39;s get this party started right now [/b][/quote]
    Oh know... there he goes again. Ya impatient bastard. :lol:

JK

I&#39;m good to go whenever. Quick question are kids from this 2004 Draft allowed to be selected in our draft?

Practice Squad
    I would like to be in please....if possible.

Veteran
    Jetlag
    I&#39;m good to go whenever. Quick question are kids from this 2004 Draft allowed to be selected in our draft?
    Yes

Veteran
    Bump, trying to get more attention.

All League
    Bump because I want in and hope someone doesn&#39;t want to participate.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I have more than a few heists up my sleeve