Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travis Henry NYJ RB in 2005?

Waterboy
    Len Pasquerilli ESPN:
    There is no denying that, by including their 2005 first-round pick in the package that allowed them to move up and snatch quarterback J.P. Losman in the first round on Saturday, the Buffalo Bills paid a steep price. But the team is counting on second-year tailback Willis McGahee, the former Miami star who didn't play a single snap in '03 while recovering from catastrophic knee surgery, to help make up for the sacrifice.

So how does McGahee, the Bills' 2003 first-rounder, figure into the equation? Here's how: If the former Hurricanes star can regain his previous form, and become a solid back for Buffalo this year, it could allow the Bills to trade current starting tailback Travis Henry after the 2004 season.

No, the Bills almost certainly wouldn't recoup the 2005 first-rounder they traded away on Saturday in any deal for Henry, but they might get a second-round choice for him. And that would offer at least some mitigation for paying a hefty price for Losman's rights.

---NOW IF THE JETS TRULY ARE LOOKING TO RID THEMSELVES OF C-MART AFTER 2004 WICH IS RUMORED, AND LAMONT IS A UFA I WOULD RATHER GIVE UP A MEASLY SECOND ROUNDER FOR THIS PRO-BOWL BACK IF THE BILLS WOULD TRADE WITHIN THE DIVISION.
    This is not a prediction just a thought and something I figured you would all like to cotemplate over it should be a hell of a discussion fire away...

Waterboy
    T Henry is one of the most underrated RB's in the NFL. If we are able to comfortably rid ourselves of Martin's contract, then I would GLADLY wave goodbye to L Jordan and give up the 2nd rounder necessary to land Henry. Though I doubt BUF would trade him to us seeing as we are in the same division.

Hall Of Fame
    how old would Henry be in 05?

All League
    he's a 3 year pro ,,,,,so he's 25 or 26 ....

Charter JI Member
    Originally posted by Pete A@Apr 28 2004, 10:36 AM

---NOW IF THE JETS TRULY ARE LOOKING TO RID THEMSELVES OF C-MART AFTER 2004 WICH IS RUMORED, AND LAMONT IS A UFA I WOULD RATHER GIVE UP A MEASLY SECOND ROUNDER FOR THIS PRO-BOWL BACK IF THE BILLS WOULD TRADE WITHIN THE DIVISION.
    This is not a prediction just a thought and something I figured you would all like to cotemplate over it should be a hell of a discussion fire away...
    Where is this rumored besides by Jets fans on message boards that like Lamont?? :blink:

All Pro
    I'm not sure, but I thought the cap hit on Martin is steep until after 2005. If so, then Henry may not be viable in 2005, since there's the salary issues of Chad, Abe, Ellis, et al.

Charter JI Member
    I think you're right mbn...Curtis is here for at least two more seasons

Rookie
    Check out Henry's Yards Per carry average ... .it's terrible.

All Pro
    Originally posted by jetswin@Apr 28 2004, 10:11 AM
    I think you're right mbn...Curtis is here for at least two more seasons
    I don't remember the specifics of his contract. I know it was a long term deal, and that he is signed through 2009 (for cap purposes, he's not going to be here for 6 more years).

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by igotsowell@Apr 28 2004, 11:14 AM
    Check out Henry's Yards Per carry average ... .it's terrible.
    he also suffers from fumblitis

but still a damn good RB

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Mean Bro Green+Apr 28 2004, 11:15 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mean Bro Green @ Apr 28 2004, 11:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--igotsowell@Apr 28 2004, 11:14 AM
    Check out Henry&#39;s Yards Per carry average ... .it&#39;s terrible.

but still a damn good RB [/b][/quote]
    Fumbles?? Check it out he averages 1 every 2 games&#33;&#33; I want
    Jordan to start&#33;&#33; <_<

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235216

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by savage69+Apr 28 2004, 11:21 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (savage69 @ Apr 28 2004, 11:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Mean Bro Green@Apr 28 2004, 11:15 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--igotsowell
    @Apr 28 2004, 11:14 AM

but still a damn good RB

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235216 [/b][/quote]
    how many fumbles does Lamont have in his few carries??

Travis fumbled more earlier and seemed to hold the ball better last year

lost three last year in 331 carries

and 8 the year before in 325 carries, which is terrible

lamont lost 2 in 2002 and none last year???

is taht right I thought he dropped a few last year too, one in the snow wasn&#39;t it?? Pittsburgh??

lamont has

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Mean Bro Green@Apr 28 2004, 11:25 AM

Not really Fair since Lamont hasn&#39;t had alot of carries but for you
    Bro I&#39;ll do the Math..Henry a fumble every 37 carries Jordan 1 every
    47 carries&#33;&#33;

Banned
    Pasquarelli is wrong&#33;&#33;&#33;

I&#39;ve had a bunch of Bills fans tell me that even a 1st isn&#39;t enough for Henry. He&#39;s THAT GOOD&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;& #33; :lol:

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

HENRY has so many yards cause he plays us 2 games a year...thats 400 yars right there...

All League
    Originally posted by Mean Bro Green+Apr 28 2004, 11:25 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mean Bro Green @ Apr 28 2004, 11:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -savage69@Apr 28 2004, 11:21 AM
    Originally posted by -Mean Bro Green@Apr 28 2004, 11:15 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--igotsowell
    @Apr 28 2004, 11:14 AM

but still a damn good RB

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235216

lost three last year in 331 carries

and 8 the year before in 325 carries, which is terrible

lamont lost 2 in 2002 and none last year???

is taht right I thought he dropped a few last year too, one in the snow wasn&#39;t it?? Pittsburgh??

lamont has [/b][/quote]
    I THINK YOUR RIGHT. IT WAS IN THE STEELERS GAME NEAR THE GOAL LINE I THINK&#33; i think he was blaming his wrist also

JetsInsider.com Legend
    coming out of College travis Henry was not has highly touted as Lamont Jordan - LJ ran a faster time, was drafted earlier, and he has less miles on the odometer. The only preferrable facet of Henry&#39;s game is his toughness getting yards - LJ is more finesse guy - that being said i would rather have Lamont cause he&#39;s like a hot rod that only gets drive 10 weekends a year - cherry condition. a guy like Travis Henry, you never know when that debilitating injury is coming down the pike.

Banned
    Henry takes a lot of hits due to his running style. A lot of his fumbles come when he&#39;s trying for extra yards as well. He plays tough, but the hits are going to make him old before his time. Definite injury risk.

Rookie
    If I remember, TH wasnt as highly regarded because he had some injury history. But he looks like a great back sometimes, especially against the Jets.

But the Bills arent trading him within the AFCE anyway, especially for just a 2.

And IF Curtis wasnt here next year (even though he will), the Jets could just resign Lamont for less money and not give up a pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by soppel@Apr 28 2004, 01:38 PM
    If I remember, TH wasnt as highly regarded because he had some injury history. But he looks like a great back sometimes, especially against the Jets.

But the Bills arent trading him within the AFCE anyway, especially for just a 2.

And IF Curtis wasnt here next year (even though he will), the Jets could just resign Lamont for less money and not give up a pick.
    you think Lamont would resign if he wasn&#39;t the #1 back???

I doubt it, he wants to start and noone can blame him for that