Thread: You naysayers are so inconsistent sometime

All Pro
    During this whole Lamont situation, many of you have talk edabout how great Lamont is and blame Herm and Bradway....you know, the usual crapola. Well doesn't Bradway deserve credit for the pick of such a talent? That aspect is never mentioned!!

You see blame and praise work both ways and unfortunately it is too one sided around here. I always seem like a herm and Bradway homer but that is b/c there are too many people looking only at the negatives and with a winning record under this regime and 2 playoff appearances, something has to be positive, no? I know Herm hasn't totally handled the situation correctly but jeez, how about Bradway scooping this very talnted rb up at pick #49 huh?

Banned
    Bradway is to blame because he drafted Lamont Jordan too early. I don't mean the Jets reached on Lamont, I mean they drafted him YEARS too early. At that stage, unless Curtis had a career ending injury, a running back we drafted in the second round wouldn't be a starter for at least another 5 or 6 years. Martin's replacement should have been drafted much later on, and now, we have a young running back with a lot of potential that's going to be a star someplace else, and now we actually NEED Curtis' heir apparent. We didn't three years ago.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Originally posted by LesterLyles@May 7 2004, 12:49 AM
    During this whole Lamont situation, many of you have talk edabout how great Lamont is and blame Herm and Bradway....you know, the usual crapola. Well doesn't Bradway deserve credit for the pick of such a talent? That aspect is never mentioned!!

You see blame and praise work both ways and unfortunately it is too one sided around here. I always seem like a herm and Bradway homer but that is b/c there are too many people looking only at the negatives and with a winning record under this regime and 2 playoff appearances, something has to be positive, no? I know Herm hasn't totally handled the situation correctly but jeez, how about Bradway scooping this very talnted rb up at pick #49 huh?
    It's a Catch 22 no matter how you look at it.

All League
    The problem is that TB even drafted Lamont at all, given the salary cap issues with CMart were a known issue.

He, and everyone else knew, that finacially speaking we could not afford to have anyone else start at RB until CMart was either cut later in his contract or got hurt.

Ya, depth is nice. But depth could have been had later in the draft.

All Pro
    Originally posted by The Troll@May 7 2004, 01:01 AM
    Bradway is to blame because he drafted Lamont Jordan too early. I don't mean the Jets reached on Lamont, I mean they drafted him YEARS too early. At that stage, unless Curtis had a career ending injury, a running back we drafted in the second round wouldn't be a starter for at least another 5 or 6 years. Martin's replacement should have been drafted much later on, and now, we have a young running back with a lot of potential that's going to be a star someplace else, and now we actually NEED Curtis' heir apparent. We didn't three years ago.
    He was the best available guy on the board. Furthermore, we had no adequate backup at all. Plus, the Curtis contract issue had not been resolved. You know perfectly well NO GM IN THE WORLD CAN TIME THESE THINGS PERFECTLY. It just so happens Curtis is showing some pretty good endurance in his career. Did the Jets expect him to have an MVP type season in 2001 w/ 1,500+ yds and 10+ TDs. Probably not. Wasn't it nice that we NEVER EVER had to worry if Curtis got hurt? yeah it was.

Given all of the above, this was a good draft pick!