Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preakness Thread

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Well it's early, but I'll change opinions about 6 times before I get to the window in the Pimlico infield anyway. I'm gonna try and find a way to beat the favorite. The way I figure it, his connections are due to make a mistake. If Smarty Jones encounters any traffic, his jock will look like a Retama Park reject. The Pimlico surface and tight turns do favor the speed, but he'll have more company on the lead this time. Sly old Nick Zito made sure of that when he entered his rabbit, Sir Shackleton. So the question is, will a stalker wear the Black Eyed Susans, or a deep closer like The Cliffs Edge? I think we'll see a stalker, myself, but there's a few to chose from. Rock Hard Ten, Imperialism, and Eddington fit the bill. The presence of Bailey must be respected, but at what price? This is an evolving opinion, but as of now, I'm on Eddington's bandwagon.

All League
    You like to root for Smarty Jones to go undefeated all the way through to the Belmont-it would make a great story.
    But I usually always go for the underdog -so I will at first like Jumba probably change my mind several times look at The Cliff's Edge -if he gets the right race set up for him and without equipment problems like in the Derby. Also looking at Rock Hard Ten-even though lightly raced

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

The Cliffs Edge is intriguing, because Zito always has a plan at Pimlico, and TCE has shown the ability to stalk(rate just off the pace). He had a bag full of excuses in the Derby, and so is certainly one of the ones eligible for my backing. There won't be any exotic bets for me, though. As always, I'll pick one horse to win and that's it.

All League
    In the Derby, Imperialism rallied through traffic and was closing well through the stretch. He came out of the gate sideways and Desormeux rode like my Grandmother driving on the FDR at rush hour. I thought Imperialism would take the Derby if the ride didn't f up....He F'd up

I think he has a good chance in Baltimore...Some say the track layout suits him...Don't know why this is. I would think the tight turns wouldn't be good for a closer..Anyway, have to stick with him..

Last year, it took Untill the Belmont before I cashed it..

All League
    The most exotic bet if you can call it that that I play is exacta betting. I have trouble enough picking the right horse to begin with.
    I do like trying to handicap with my non expert opinions been following horse racing since I was young when my father always took me to Monmouth Park and FreeHold a couple of times a year.
    Eddington will have Bailey on him -you gotta respect the top jockeys

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Cliffs edge let me down on the triple in the DERBY jumba ,I had cliffs edge, lion heart & smarty jones boxed , of course last year peacerules let me down at pimlico ,i went big on him to win outright, even though doing that with SMARTY is tempting this year....

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by joiseyjet@May 10 2004, 05:49 PM
    Cliffs edge let me down on the triple in the DERBY jumba ,I had cliffs edge, lion heart & smarty jones boxed , of course last year peacerules let me down at pimlico ,i went big on him to win outright, even though doing that with SMARTY is tempting this year....
    If you're happy with even money, then that's the way to go. I'll still wait for the Philly connex to prove their class on a dry track, though. If this was Bailey riding for Baffert, or a similar top jockey/trainer combo, I'd take the $4.20 to the bank.

Banned
    My Preakness analysis is identical to my Derby analysis ... short & sweet ... Smarty Jones is gonna smoke all these nags

He's the best race horse in the world ... proved it at the Derby and he's gonna prove it again at Pimlico ... then one more time at Belmont

This horse is a champion ... undefeated ... and he's gonna stay undefeated all the way to the Triple Crown

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@May 10 2004, 06:10 PM
    My Preakness analysis is identical to my Derby analysis ... short & sweet ... Smarty Jones is gonna smoke all these nags

He's the best race horse in the world ... proved it at the Derby and he's gonna prove it again at Pimlico ... then one more time at Belmont

This horse is a champion ... undefeated ... and he's gonna stay undefeated all the way to the Triple Crown
    All the way to ,but not including the triple crown or all the way through the triple crown GJ&H?

Banned
    Originally posted by joiseyjet+May 10 2004, 06:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joiseyjet @ May 10 2004, 06:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Green Jets & Ham@May 10 2004, 06:10 PM

He&#39;s the best race horse in the world ... proved it at the Derby and he&#39;s gonna prove it again at Pimlico ... then one more time at Belmont

This horse is a champion ... undefeated ... and he&#39;s gonna stay undefeated all the way to the Triple Crown
    All the way to ,but not including the triple crown or all the way through the triple crown GJ&H? [/b][/quote]
    TO and THROUGH ... all the way to the winners circle

This horse is on the cusp of joining the most exclusive club in racing ... I believe he will join that list

JMO

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

If he&#39;s that good, more power to him, but for even money, he has to prove to me he can handle a good field on a good track. I&#39;ve no doubt the horse is special, but it&#39;s the human part of the team I have serious concerns about. Of course, if he does take the second jewel, he&#39;ll be 1-5 in the Belmont, in which case he&#39;s still not getting my money.

Brenjetsfan
    OK boyz.....looks like me and the girls will be down late Friday nite...gotta stop at Martells Tiki bar for a WORK thing ya know...happy hour :lol: then we will head to inner harbor.....see ya then. May even have tixs inside this time ...some horse owner may give them to us..not sure how many but if we can get them do u still want the field again? let me know&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

The field was a blast last year , but either the field or grandstand is fine by me

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Bren, get those tix. Indoors is fine w/ me.

All League
    I don&#39;t know about Imperialism. His trainer had him shipped back to California to gear up for a NY/NJ summer of the Belmont, Haskell and Travers. But the owner then insisted he run the Preakness. So he was shipped crosscountry again eariler this week to run. So you have a trainer and owner on different pages.

Gimme Smarty and some other horses for exactas and tris.

Brenjetsfan
    ok Jumba//joisey....looks like Mr. Hess may get us passes to the SUITES in side...he owns a horse...thats all I know..em&#39;&#39; wondering if there is any relation to the late Mr Hess??? so I am still not sure if I will be down LATE fri nite or EARLY sat morn...keep u updated and see ya either way&#33; trying to get 3 more passes...they cost &#036;320 for 1...boy this is an expensive hobby what do they think it is a SUPERBOWL??&#33;@#@#&#036;%

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Have a great time this weekend boys & girls..........wish I were going...........Jumba, don&#39;t forget to call me on Saturday..........call before the races, I might want to place one.............

Brenjetsfan
    Originally posted by jetgirl@May 13 2004, 06:29 AM
    Have a great time this weekend boys & girls..........wish I were going...........Jumba, don&#39;t forget to call me on Saturday..........call before the races, I might want to place one.............
    I had chicken sophia for lunch...it was sooooooo good...saw Nick he asked about you...he has not seen u in a while? :ph34r:

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

OK, jg, you&#39;re credit is good, so hopefully there will still be something left in the bank by the big race.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Brenjetsfan+May 13 2004, 06:33 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Brenjetsfan @ May 13 2004, 06:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetgirl@May 13 2004, 06:29 AM
    I had chicken sophia for lunch...it was sooooooo good...saw Nick he asked about you...he has not seen u in a while? :ph34r: [/b][/quote]
    Who? No show Nick?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;?&#33; Did you give him hell about the Steeler game? Did you see my Sophia?